Gambo mentioned briefly that offered up michael stone..

pinnacle

Reaction score
in a trade.. I was in and out of the car and missed most of the segment but caught the end - where gambo and ash said the cards had tried to dump michael stone in a trade.... I did not hear who for (were we packaging him with jones??)..but it appears we tried to unload michael stone and were unable to (over the draft weekend)...did anyone else hear this? I heard the end of it at 4:45 monday afternoon on 910... I was harping over the weekend that we needed a couple of defensive backs..not that I had michael stone on the 2nd team anyway..I had not heard we were dangling him as trade bait...anyone have anymore info? Would guess stone is our 5th corner about now...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
in a trade.. I was in and out of the car and missed most of the segment but caught the end - where gambo and ash said the cards had tried to dump michael stone in a trade.... I did not hear who for (were we packaging him with jones??)..but it appears we tried to unload michael stone and were unable to (over the draft weekend)...did anyone else hear this? I heard the end of it at 4:45 monday afternoon on 910... I was harping over the weekend that we needed a couple of defensive backs..not that I had michael stone on the 2nd team anyway..I had not heard we were dangling him as trade bait...anyone have anymore info? Would guess stone is our 5th corner about now...

Now thats funny!

If there is anyone who has less trade value than TJ it has got to be Michael Stone!

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
shane...true statement..except stone probably has a minimal contract and to my knowledge has not had off the field issues...I am surprised he is still on the roster...he could have stepped up last season - but he did not..even his special teams play was weak..

we have a dearth of corners on the roster if you assume stone is pretty worthless...Ourlads had our two UDRfa rookies rated a 1.0 (lowest rating possible)..kid from colorado state may have promise - but the opinion is that he will take alot of development - the one from florida is too small..hopefully, we will go after a corner (veteran) after june 1st.. if we were trying to trade stone for peanuts..could finally be the season he is cut in camp..

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I continue to walk my lonely road of saying we might just see Micheal Stone break out this year.

I have pointed out the reasons many times before. He came out early and young, has all sorts of physical talent, but not much football savvy or developed skills. He was a project.

Just like McCown, I think the Cards knew this when they drafted him and were prepared to give him 3 years. That's the contract they gave him....this will be it his 3rd year.

If he does start showing some of that talent now it will help this team a lot. I think he realistically, is one of the keys to an improved team this year.

If he doesn't make it this year, then fine, he's had plenty of opportunity. Sure we all like pleasant surprises that develop early and quickly. But even Adrian Wilson had some serious growing pains last year.

....don't count Michael Stone down and out just yet.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A lot of people talk about what a great player Jamir Miller was here. And he did indeed turn out to be a great player. But by his 3rd year he was basically still considered a bust. Drug and attitude problems. Once things finally clicked he put it all together, but he was certainly no instant success.

Not only did Stone come out of college early, but I also believe he hadn't played a lot of football, and that's why some of his football "savvy" was lacking.

That's why I have stayed with supporting him. You can't coach physical talent. And Stone has that. The major question is, will it get tapped.

In his case I think the 3 year expectancy period is truely warranted.

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
Tango: I think there are other candidates to become decent players ...and Stone from what I have seen is not one of them. He seems to not have the physical tools in that he is too small and not that fast..I was wincing watching him trying to be a gunner on the punt team last season - I actually felt sorry for him it was so pathetic. Granted he was misplaced as a gunner.. I like barrett and starks...but our corners historically are always injured - no matter who we have there (except for aeneas). hill is a decent cover guy and tackler..he is just too slow..I would like a veteran who could compete against barrrett as a starter, play in nickel situations and could step in when someone is injured..

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Gambo mentioned briefly that offered up michael stone..

Originally posted by Shane H
Now thats funny!

If there is anyone who has less trade value than TJ it has got to be Michael Stone!

I'm sure you could trade the two to Tango for some free ballroom dance lessons...

No, actally I think Tango would also demand a team autographed football as well! Good lessons are not cheap!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard