G Will Hernandez visiting - now SIGNED

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its as simple as this. You, and nobody else here, has the first clue if this is a good move or a bad move. Nobody will until the season starts.

Its your opinion this is a bad move. Disagreeing is not defending it.

I can see reasons why he struggled in NY that can be overcome.

This happens every off season with exactly the same posters. Keim sucks. This move Keim made sucks. X, players is too old, too inexperienced, too injury prone, plain bad (delete as appropriate).

All that changes are the names of the players.

And like last season nobody ever owns it when they are wrong (except Solar7) and doles out the usual "Well at the time.." OT "Just saying it as I see it".

Yet we all have to suffer the mind numbingly boring moaning. All. The. Time.
First of all this is a complete crock of ish as there was entire crow thread that a ton of people posted on. Then a lot of the concerns came to fruition like watt not making it through the season, etc.

What’s interesting is the fact you were called out on the pro bowl take earlier this week, you denied it, they provided incontrovertible proof, and you did just what you’re accusing others of here, tried (horribly unsuccessfully) to argue your way outta it.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Its as simple as this. You, and nobody else here, has the first clue if this is a good move or a bad move. Nobody will until the season starts.

This happens every off season with exactly the same posters. Keim sucks. This move Keim made sucks. X, players is too old, too inexperienced, too injury prone, plain bad (delete as appropriate).

And like last season nobody ever owns it when they are wrong (except Solar7) and doles out the usual "Well at the time.." OT "Just saying it as I see it".

LOL. Really?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I call it the "chicken littles".

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

Here’s the thing, and I’m not saying this to be condescending or anything, some people don’t realize there’s an option.

You don’t have to suffer at all. There’s an Ignore option or block option or something like that where you wouldn’t have to see/read any of their posts. If it really gets under your skin that much, block them. Problem solved.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here’s the thing, and I’m not saying this to be condescending or anything, some people don’t realize there’s an option.

You don’t have to suffer at all. There’s an Ignore option or block option or something like that where you wouldn’t have to see/read any of their posts. If it really gets under your skin that much, block them. Problem solved.

Oh I do. I have several of the worse offenders on ignore.

I have no problem with difference of opinion, in fact I welcome it, but there are some here who just want to moan incessantly about literally everything this franchise does. And they never learn.

The same people moaned last off season about Conner, McCoy and Green and all turned out to be good additions (they did, that's just a fact). Sadly if I blocked them all I'd spend most my time reading replies to posts I can't see.

Many here thought we would suck last year. We went 11-6. In 2016 we were super bowl favorites and ended sub .500. Nobody knows what this team will be next year. Nobody knows how the FA moves will pan out. We have a bunch of young talent that could be anything next year. Until I know otherwise I'll choose to see the potential, I don't know why anyone would do otherwise.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
First of all this is a complete crock of ish as there was entire crow thread that a ton of people posted on. Then a lot of the concerns came to fruition like watt not making it through the season, etc.

What’s interesting is the fact you were called out on the pro bowl take earlier this week, you denied it, they provided incontrovertible proof, and you did just what you’re accusing others of here, tried (horribly unsuccessfully) to argue your way outta it.
Saved me the time. I'll add in that the board has had far, FAR more reason to bag on Keim than to give him a break.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When we signed the rotting corpse of Brian Winters last off season the general feeling was "Solid depth signing". No real grumbles.

Yet we sign Hernandez, who is over 2 years younger and has far more upside than Winters and half the thread is grumbling about it. SMH.

Stout

Reaction score
Oh I do. I have several of the worse offenders on ignore.

I have no problem with difference of opinion, in fact I welcome it, but there are some here who just want to moan incessantly about literally everything this franchise does. And they never learn.

The same people moaned last off season about Conner, McCoy and Green and all turned out to be good additions (they did, that's just a fact). Sadly if I blocked them all I'd spend most my time reading replies to posts I can't see.

Many here thought we would suck last year. We went 11-6. In 2016 we were super bowl favorites and ended sub .500. Nobody knows what this team will be next year. Nobody knows how the FA moves will pan out. We have a bunch of young talent that could be anything next year. Until I know otherwise I'll choose to see the potential, I don't know why anyone would do otherwise.
100% grade A baloney and a basketfull of blind arrogance on display here. How about because we suck historically and Keim has a long history of sucking? Pretty damn easy to see why folks would be skeptical. I don't know why anyone would be otherwise.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100% grade A baloney and a basketfull of blind arrogance on display here. How about because we suck historically and Keim has a long history of sucking? Pretty damn easy to see why folks would be skeptical. I don't know why anyone would be otherwise.

I think this speaks more to your mindset than reality.

Keim does not have a long history of sucking. He has a 76-67 win loss record. Of his 9 seasons only 3 have been losing seasons. You would think the way you bang on endlessly about it that we had a losing record under him. I want him gone because I think he has peaked and he has weaknesses I don't think he will ever fix, but this "Keim sucks so everything we do sucks and we are doomed to lose" is complete BS and has no bearing on reality.

In fact Keim, by some distance, has the best winning record of any GM in Cardinals post superbowl history.

You (not just you) just like to moan. No team in NFL history has had a fan base moan so much about an 11 win season. It's just ingrained.

Stout

Reaction score

Keim does not have a long history of sucking. He has a 76-67 win loss record. Of his 9 seasons only 3 have been losing seasons. You would think the way you bang on endlessly about it that we had a losing record under him. I want him gone because I think he has peaked and he has weaknesses I don't think he will ever fix, but this "Keim sucks so everything we do sucks and we are doomed to lose" is complete BS and has no bearing on reality.

In fact Keim, by some distance, has the best winning record of any GM in Cardinals post superbowl history.

You (not just you) just like to moan. No team in NFL history has had a fan base moan so much about an 11 win season. It's just ingrained.
The bolded above means nothing, and is more of an indictment than a defense, as you well know. 76-67 with one playoff win throughout that span is nothing to write home about. Yes, it makes him the best GM in Cards history, which is roughly akin to being the best hockey team in Paraguay. We could argue about his early years being Arians team, but I don't even need to go that far to see how inherently flawed he and his approaches have been. He consistently fails to plan. Why did we end up with the worst team, arguably, in franchise history? Because he had no plan to replace our QB, not to mention an atrocious coaching hire. Why do we have so many holes on our team? Because he can't draft to save his life. We're constantly signing players to 1-year "prove it" deals that are patchwork at best and don't help the team long-term. He's awful at signing FAs. He can spin a good trade, but only needs to because he can't draft/sign good players AND this strategy eats up draft capital. We've been sitting here for 3 years with a supposedly generational young #1 pick QB, on a super cheap 1st contract, and the absolute best we've been able to achieve is a 1-and-done worst playoff loss of all time kind of performance. We KNOW we're not going to get better under Keim, and yet, here we are.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We KNOW we're not going to get better under Keim, and yet, here we are.

It's demonstrably not true. We have got better for the last 3 years on the trot.

We have in fact "got better" than the year before in 7 of his 9 seasons.

Keim has his flaws, and as I said I would support his replacement even though that now isn't going to happen for some time, but that doesn't mean it's nonsense that this team is doomed to failure. In fact his record proves it isn't.

So this defeatist nonsense that has to be attached to everything this org does is pure garbage. In fact, this franchise is probably in the best place it's ever been in it's modern history. Maybe that is the "best ice hockey team in Paraguay" but nevertheless it's true.

So forgive me if some of us see the incessant negativity as grating.

Stout

Reaction score
It's demonstrably not true. We have got better for the last 3 years on the trot.

We have in fact "got better" than the year before in 7 of his 9 seasons.

Keim has his flaws, and as I said I would support his replacement even though that now isn't going to happen for some time, but that doesn't mean it's nonsense that this team is doomed to failure. In fact his record proves it isn't.

So this defeatist nonsense that has to be attached to everything this org does is pure garbage. In fact, this franchise is probably in the best place it's ever been in it's modern history. Maybe that is the "best ice hockey team in Paraguay" but nevertheless it's true.

So forgive me if some of us see the incessant negativity as grating.
Yay, I'm so glad we won in the playoffs last year. I'm thrilled that we're so close to winning a Super Bowl. Sorry, you're idea of success and my idea of success are way, way different. I could've said it better than "get better," yet my point remains. This "defeatist nonsense" you keep raging about is just you ragging on other board members because they're not saying what you think they should be saying, or thinking how you think they should be thinking. Sorry not sorry for being a darksider and having reasons for it. Be a lightsider. That's fine. Not a problem. This continuing campaign of trying to shove it down everyone else's throats is just plain off.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arians made those Arizona teams look better than what they actually were, just like Kliff is doing now. Keim has only made their jobs harder by giving them nearly over-the-hill players because he cannot draft cornerstone players to save his life.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

So we went from abysmal to mediocre with Keim, that's still not saying much.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yay, I'm so glad we won in the playoffs last year. I'm thrilled that we're so close to winning a Super Bowl. Sorry, you're idea of success and my idea of success are way, way different. I could've said it better than "get better," yet my point remains. This "defeatist nonsense" you keep raging about is just you ragging on other board members because they're not saying what you think they should be saying, or thinking how you think they should be thinking. Sorry not sorry for being a darksider and having reasons for it. Be a lightsider. That's fine. Not a problem. This continuing campaign of trying to shove it down everyone else's throats is just plain off.

Seriously? You said yourself earlier about the long history this franchise has of losing and your idea of success is deep playoff runs and super bowl shots every year? Get real.

Nobody is trying to shove anything down anyone's throats. But do darksiders really have to bore us with the same unconstructive negative nonsense over and over and over again every offseason?

There's a huge difference between saying "I don't like the Hernandez signing. I think he is what he is, I don't see the upside" and 6 posts in the same thread about how he's trash and Keim is trash and the org is trash and were going to garbage next year and the roster is a dumpster fire and on and on. It's depressing.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Any word on what we paid him?

I would have preferred a 2 year deal in case he looks good here. But i don't hate this signing. He should provide some push in the run game which we need desperately.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arians made those Arizona teams look better than what they actually were, just like Kliff is doing now. Keim has only made their jobs harder by giving them nearly over-the-hill players because he cannot draft cornerstone players to save his life.

Ahh the old "When we lose it's Keim's fault but when we win it was because of the HC".

Must be nice to construct a world that perfectly fits your ideas.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Talk about trying to "shove" it down everyone else's throat. :D
:eek::wave:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any word on what we paid him?

I would have preferred a 2 year deal in case he looks good here. But i don't hate this signing. He should provide some push in the run game which we need desperately.
No Idea.

Stout

Reaction score
Seriously? You said yourself earlier about the long history this franchise has of losing and your idea of success is deep playoff runs and super bowl shots every year? Get real.

Nobody is trying to shove anything down anyone's throats. But do darksiders really have to bore us with the same unconstructive negative nonsense over and over and over again every offseason?

There's a huge difference between saying "I don't like the Hernandez signing. I think he is what he is, I don't see the upside" and 6 posts in the same thread about how he's trash and Keim is trash and the org is trash and were going to garbage next year and the roster is a dumpster fire and on and on. It's depressing.
I never said the signing was trash. If it's for depth, I think it's a good signing.

If this message board is depressing you, well, that's not healthy. Even though I'm a mental health professional, it's not my job to work with you on that on here :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Objectivity is lost a bit on some posters here.

My view is that Keim is a mixed bag. I think he doesn't get enough out of draft picks, but he often hits on retread veterans.

In sports, you are your record. What doesn't jive, is the talk that Keim "sucks". I don't think Keim sucks per se. As you have stated, he has a winning record as GM! It's a complete farce to use the term "sucks". Could the Cardinals be better? Absolutely. Are their better personnel guys out there? Absolutely. I have followed this team from the Buddy Ryan era on and Keim is hands down the best top guy they've had. Kingsbury is the second best coach. Kyler could be the best QB they've had (he's young and might grow into being the best). Kyler is the most dynamic player I've seen on the Cardinals.

The end of last season sucked, but the Cardinals were in the bottom ten in injuries (meaning one of the most injured teams). And before people jump on this comment, a number of those injuries were to players like Hopkins who don't have the injury prone label. Kyler was inconsistent down the stretch as well. It's hard to win when your QB is playing poorly AND you have substantial injuries.

Another issue to consider is that the Cardinals seem to have a slightly frugal, but not cheap business model. Next season they will clear the books of a ton of salary and will be able to retool the roster significantly. They aren't in a terrible spot long term; they have stability at QB and HC, and will be able to add pieces in the upcoming seasons.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When we signed the rotting corpse of Brian Winters last off season the general feeling was "Solid depth signing". No real grumbles.

Yet we sign Hernandez, who is over 2 years younger and has far more upside than Winters and half the thread is grumbling about it. SMH.
Again I think it’s because you’re miscasting the perception. Last offseason we didn’t think we had a gaping hole at guard. We were hopeful murray would be the answer or jones would be the answer. So winters was viewed solely as depth. Well murray proved unreliable and jones stunk. So now we know we aren’t just bringing hernandez in as depth. We are under the impression that he might be keims solution. And he hasn’t been good for a couple years. So until it’s proven that he’s just depth comparing reactions to signing him and winters is comparing apples (depth) and oranges (starter).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This is a fair assessment of keim. I agree, that I want to move in keim bc despite being the best gm in cardinals history I aspire to having the cards be better than just the best cards whatever. I want them to be the best in the nfl.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup. Never see darksiders complaining about koolaiders posts, just disagreeing with their content for the most part. Attacking posters is a koolaiders characteristic. Which is ironic in itself. So positive about the team and negative about it’s fans.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard