G Will Hernandez visiting - now SIGNED

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wise move IMO.

I'm sure many will say "He's been garbage recently at the Giants". Well who hasn't? They made Kenny Golladay look like he just signed from Canadian football.

We made Haason Reddick look garbage for 3 years. Devondre Campbell looked like a journeyman for us last year and a Pro Bowler for GB this year.

Plenty of upside in Hernandez for the right money. Still only 26.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the price

If it's a small contract and he's here for depth and challenge to start, that's one thing

Paying him big bucks and expecting him to start and be a big improvement is something else

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Depends on the price

If it's a small contract and he's here for depth and challenge to start, that's one thing

Paying him big bucks and expecting him to start and be a big improvement is something else
Yep. It could either be a really good, shrewd signing or a really stupid, hamstringing signing. We'll see, if we end up signing him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wise move IMO.

I'm sure many will say "He's been garbage recently at the Giants". Well who hasn't? They made Kenny Golladay look like he just signed from Canadian football.

We made Haason Reddick look garbage for 3 years. Devondre Campbell looked like a journeyman for us last year and a Pro Bowler for GB this year.

Plenty of upside in Hernandez for the right money. Still only 26.
Hmm. I thought you said reports of visits doesn’t happen. Alford and Hernandez now.
It appears we had no planned visits in week one OR nobody was interested.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I thought you said reports of visits doesn’t happen. Alford and Hernandez now.
That’s not what he or I said. Lol

We said you don’t hear about everyone that a team could be negotiating with or interested in. You also dont hear about all the visits either. It Varies by player, team and agent.

A prime example of this when the team signed Vigil this last week. There was literally no news that he was even visiting.

It’s really not rocket science. Some guys teams are willing to sign and negotiate with no visits required. You know what your getting.

So the point remains the same. Just because you haven’t heard something doesn’t mean something isn’t happening. You know this too. This isnt your first FA season. Why play dumb?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not what he or I said. Lol

We said you don’t hear about everyone that a team could be negotiating with or interested in. You also dont hear about all the visits either. It Varies by player, team and agent.

A prime example of this when the team signed Vigil this last week. There was literally no news that he was even visiting.

It’s really not rocket science. Some guys teams are willing to sign and negotiate with no visits required. You know what your getting.

So the point remains the same. Just because you haven’t heard something doesn’t mean something isn’t happening. You know this too. This isnt your first FA season. Why play dumb?
Well we heard nothing in week 1 and nothing happened.
So suddenly things are coming out about visits. Okay.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Actually I think you will find that I said only visits get reported, but most FA deals don't require visits.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
right time of year to bring people to the Valley for a visit

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another thing to bear in mind is that Hernandez had 4 Offensive line coaches in 4 years. That whole org has been a dumpster fire and a revolving door for HC's, OC's and coaches.

Plus he's been the only consistent piece on that O line, everyone around him has changed multiple times.

I'm not saying the guy is an All Pro, but I'm willing to bet he's better than what has been allowed of him at the Giants.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hernandez is the type of value signing that is worth the risk IMO. He was in a terrible situation in NY on a very bad offense. Sometimes a change of scenery is just what the doctor ordered. I would be very happy if the Cards took a flyer on this kid and see if Krugler can squeeze anything out of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson