Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
People 2 weeks ago were like "Rondale sucks and Hollywood sucks, we should move on from both".

Now they're gone they be like "Our WR room sucks, what has Monti done?"
It seems really strange that you feel like these are somehow contradictory ideas.

Our WR sucked before. We were the 26th-ranked passing offense in the NFL last year. Kyler Murray's 224.9 passing YPG would have ranked him 23rd in the NFL -- between Easton Stick and Jake Browning.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Not personal support...IDGAF about that. If Wilson goes down, you are starting Pascal or Moore with a rookie WR. That is just poor planning in supporting your QB.
true, and I see your point. I just dont feel like he ever really brought anything to the table during his short time with the Cards. I feel like he is easily replaceable

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has less to do with Brown and more to do with supporting Kyler. they have the cash and one year isn't risky. I would rather have another layer between Pascal, Dortch, and/or Moore as starting WRs.

Precisely. If we were strapped for cash I get it but we absolutely are not.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm Monti I'm looking at the following available FA WRs:

Tyler Boyd - I'm a big Boyd fan and had him as a top target for the Cardinals in my offseason plan. With Rondale gone, Boyd would be the perfect fit for a slot receiver. At 6'2" 200lbs, Boyd has great size for a slot receiver and would be valuable in the running game as well as he is a willing and able blocker.

Josh Reynolds - Reynolds had a solid season with the Lions. He would be a very strong #3 receiver who has reliable hands and consistantly moves the chains. He is another WR with great size at 6'3" 195lbs. Probably could be had for around $5-6M per year.

Donovan Peoples-Jones - Should be able to step in and compete for the #3 WR spot. Has good size at 6'2" 205lbs and is a vertical threat. Shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to sign.

Mike Williams - A high risk high reward kind of signing. Williams missed almost all of 2023 with an ACL injury he suffered back in Sept. He should be tracking to be available right around the start of the season. The downside would be that he wouldn't be able to practice with the team until healthy. With his size 6'4" 219lbs he would be a potentially great outside threat for Kyler.

Isaiah Hodgins - The Giants didn't tender Hodgins so he is now an Unrestricted FA. Another big body WR at 6'3" 200lbs. He would be worth a look for a potential big outside WR who is still young and has potentiel.

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Tyler Boyd - I'm a big Boyd fan and had him as a top target for the Cardinals in my offseason plan. With Rondale gone, Boyd would be the perfect fit for a slot receiver. At 6'2" 200lbs, Boyd has great size for a slot receiver and would be valuable in the running game as well as he is a willing and able blocker.

Josh Reynolds - Reynolds had a solid season with the Lions. He would be a very strong #3 receiver who has reliable hands and consistantly moves the chains. He is another WR with great size at 6'3" 195lbs. Probably could be had for around $5-6M per year.

Donovan Peoples-Jones - Should be able to step in and compete for the #3 WR spot. Has good size at 6'2" 205lbs and is a vertical threat. Shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to sign.

Mike Williams - A high risk high reward kind of signing. Williams missed almost all of 2023 with an ACL injury he suffered back in Sept. He should be tracking to be available right around the start of the season. The downside would be that he wouldn't be able to practice with the team until healthy. With his size 6'4" 219lbs he would be a potentially great outside threat for Kyler.
I'd also kick the tires on Jarvis Landry, just 5'11" though.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I'd also kick the tires on Jarvis Landry
Jeebus. We do not need more slot receivers.

Peoples-Jones, Reynolds, and Williams are potentially worth a look at the right deal.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oops

I meant to add Hodgins to the list as well:

Isaiah Hodgins - The Giants didn't tender Hodgins so he is now an Unrestricted FA. Another big body WR at 6'3" 200lbs. He would be worth a look for a potential big outside WR who is still young and has potentiel.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Oops

I meant to add Hodgins to the list as well:

I don't think this guy is any different than the dude we just signed but OK.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If KC has any interest in him I think he signs there. 2-3 year deal. I think the idea of getting to a SB will be very enticing for Brown if given this chance and an opportunity to play with Mahomes. Murray may be his buddy but a potential SB far outweighs continuing to play with Murray.
Just as I suspected to KC he goes, only then term of the contract is off.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
25 years old and still has potential vs 30+ years old and still hasn't popped.
He turns 26 this year, is heading into year 4, and we would be his 3rd team. also was a 6th round pick. I don't know what potential you are seeing here. He is a year and a half younger than Hakeem Butler and less athletic.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He turns 26 this year, is heading into year 4, and we would be his 3rd team. also was a 6th round pick. I don't know what potential you are seeing here. He is a year and a half younger than Hakeem Butler and less athletic.
Not that I want Hodgins, but he's actually had some production.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Jeebus. We do not need more slot receivers.

Peoples-Jones, Reynolds, and Williams are potentially worth a look at the right deal.
I'm confused. I don't know who is playing the slot right now, besides Dortch. Wilson plays outside as an X/Y.

Boyd seems like a winning move. The idea of MHJ, Wilson, Boyd, and McBride as our receiving corps gives Kyler a lot of height and talent.

Who are you trusting in the slot on this roster?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brown and Moore have their issues, but they did represent the speed element to this offense. Without them, this has to currently be one of the slowest offenses in the league.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Would I have liked Hollywood to stay on a team friendly contract- yes, only because I think he would have been a solid number 2. Monti signing him to a long term or high paying contract would have been a huge mistake though. Let’s face it, even if Hollywood balls out in KC- the reality is, that kind of magic did not materialize in the desert whether that is K1 or the schedule.

Things im happy about:
-this essentially guarantees we are going for one of the top 3 elite receivers (hopefully landing MHJ)
-the average height of the cardinals wr room just increased by nearly half a foot this off season- crucial for a vertically challenged QB like k1.
-we have not gimped ourselves in the future on a contract for mediocrity
-this is a deep WR class, nothing says we can’t draft 2 wr. Short speedy WR live in the day 2/3 realm.

Truly hope for the best for Hollywood , he’s got a chance to reinvigorate his career with a vastly superior team. Just didn’t work out for him here, and that’s partially on us, partially on him for not being the #1 we needed him to be.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure would love to see us sign another wr.
How about Osborn and whatever happened to Gallup? He was a commodity a few years back.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm confused. I don't know who is playing the slot right now, besides Dortch. Wilson plays outside as an X/Y.

Boyd seems like a winning move. The idea of MHJ, Wilson, Boyd, and McBride as our receiving corps gives Kyler a lot of height and talent.

Who are you trusting in the slot on this roster?
I like Dortch and Wilson in the slot.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems really strange that you feel like these are somehow contradictory ideas.

Our WR sucked before. We were the 26th-ranked passing offense in the NFL last year. Kyler Murray's 224.9 passing YPG would have ranked him 23rd in the NFL -- between Easton Stick and Jake Browning.

The contradiction is the sudden elevated panic about the WR room as if anything has changed.

We already long factored in Brown leaving and Moore adding nothing. Nothing has changed and judging the room on March 15th is silly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard