Funny Quote

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
"To be quite honest with you, I really don’t think New Orleans is scared with who we play there at quarterback,” Whisenhunt said :D

Sad we have fallen this far, but that was a Rex Ryan-esque type quote

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not really funny Whiz you edited you created this mess with your decision to cut Leinart and go with the PROVEN LOSER I really think this gets lost on most. Why oh why do people just give this guy all the faith like he always makes the right moves when hes already proven he doesn't?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Not really funny Whiz you edited you created this mess with your decision to cut Leinart and go with the PROVEN LOSER I really think this gets lost on most. Why oh why do people just give this guy all the faith like he always makes the right moves when hes already proven he doesn't?

Umm, becuase it is a funny quote?

Leinart is gone, it was the right decision. Move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You seriously believe it was the right decision? Even the guy in my office, who HATES Leinart, with a deep-seeded, kinda disturbingly-weird hate, admitted today he wishes we still had Leinart.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You seriously believe it was the right decision? Even the guy in my office, who HATES Leinart, with a deep-seeded, kinda disturbingly-weird hate, admitted today he wishes we still had Leinart.

It's like debating your preference for your death... Would you rather die in a fire or drown?

Wishing Matty was still here is wishing for one of those forms of death. What we're left with at the moment appears to be the other.

Fun times... :bang:

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score

Why does anyone still wish we had Leinart?

I think going into the season with DA and Max Hall was a terrible decision. I think Whiz having to keep Leinart around as long as he did (which i beleive to be the gospel truth) was a terrible decision.

Letting a piss-poor-crying ass baby of a QB who couldnt win the job when he was handed, yes freaking handed, the job was the RIGHT decision.

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
It's like debating your preference for your death... Would you rather die in a fire or drown?

Wishing Matty was still here is wishing for one of those forms of death. What we're left with at the moment appears to be the other.

Fun times... :bang:

This!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think going into the season with DA and Max Hall was a terrible decision.

You answered your own question. We know the decision he made was terrible (at least so far). So, of course it's going to be second-guessed. At least Leinart didn't embarass himself against the Titans last season. Which is a hell of a lot better than Anderson has done.

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
You answered your own question. We know the decision he made was terrible (at least so far). So, of course it's going to be second-guessed. At least Leinart didn't embarass himself against the Titans last season. Which is a hell of a lot better than Anderson has done.

The thing is, they are two completly different arguements in my mind.

I am convinced that Whiz would have let Leinart walk a year ago, but couldnt due to the financial and front office implications. Hell could no one see the hugh sigh of relief froM Whiz when Leinart went down with the collarbone injury 3 year ago? He never believed in Leinart and always wanted to go in a different direction. This was just the first time he had a chance to jettison him is all..

Bringining DA in as a backup - which he was originally scheduled to be -was a fine decision in my eyes, and I think letting Leinart go was absolutly the right decision! The debacle was not letting Leinart go earlier and cuasing DA to be a starter not the backup he was originally brought in for.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Bringining DA in as a backup - which he was originally scheduled to be -was a fine decision in my eyes, and I think letting Leinart go was absolutly the right decision! The debacle was not letting Leinart go earlier and cuasing DA to be a starter not the backup he was originally brought in for.

That is one dumb azz debacle. You just can't get more stupid than that from a personnel standpoint.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

We've seen enough of Leinart to know he's a much better game manager than Scuderson. No, Matt won't be confused for Marino but he'd certainly give us a chance to win this crappy division, which is why we play this game right? Scuderson is the Titanic posing as a football player, and let's be honest, going with Hall is waving the white flag on the season.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Maybe so, but not going after a bonafide replacement (McNabb for instance) set the course for disaster. Wiz can make that comment which I'm sure makes Hall or Anderson feel real good and there will be no repercussions. I'm sure he was being "funny" and that's fine but he has come down hard on players for saying less. I hope he doesn't punish Beanie for his statements, because he spoke the truth. I really am growing more and more disappointed in Whiz and his coaching style.

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
That is one dumb azz debacle. You just can't get more stupid than that from a personnel standpoint.

I dont disgaree.

I really wish I knew what happened with all this leading up to the decision not go after a QB int he offseason to start.

There is no way Whiz thought Leinart was going to be the starter come opening day-I just dont believe it. I smell some mandates from the front office.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I just watched the game on tape and I have to disagree with many of the comments posted about the defense.

I don't think they quit in the game. I believe The entire defensive scheme and game planning was horrendous! It;s clear that Davis doesn't have a clue on how to game plan nor how to evaluate and use the talent on hand. Wrong personnel on the field in the wrong situations way too many times.

It appeared to me that the schemes, the blitzes, the over pursuit, the placement and use of personnel is the major downfall of this defense. Wilson and Lenon covering Gates was ludicrous. The only times Gates was even close to being covered was when Johnson was in the game because he had the speed to keep up with him.

Running against the Cardinals is simple, let them over pursue and then cut back and you are good for 10-20 yard gains. This has to do with coaching and discipline. Most of SD rushing yards came in big chunks when the defense over pursued and left the cutback lanes wide open. Many times runs inside were stuffed pretty good.

I also don't think Keith or Brown played that bad (I am not saying they played great by any means) but the line calls were terrible. Too many times it seemed that blocking assignments were just plain messed up. This falls on Grimm.

Whiz needs to get his head out of his arse and give Wells the ball at least 20 times a game. The way this team is built it has to use the running game to open up the passing game not the other way around.

Hall should be under center the rest of the season. He sees the field better and gets rid of the ball faster than Scud. Hall's touch is leap years ahead of Scud's.

Fans :mulli: Whiz

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
Not really funny Whiz you ***** you created this mess with your decision to cut Leinart and go with the PROVEN LOSER I really think this gets lost on most. Why oh why do people just give this guy all the faith like he always makes the right moves when hes already proven he doesn't?

Let's revisit this over and over again so we can get more and more depressed. A little K9 training by the dog whisper guy would help.... "phsst"

;)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes I truly believe that it was.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can say that. There is no way Leinart would be performing worse than Anderson. Just no way. It's not humanly possible.
:yeahthat:

Exactly my point. Leinart would be doing better than Scud. No question about it. Therefore, wrong decision. Anyone that thinks that Scud is doing better than Leinart would have, is...well, I don't know what they are. No words to describe.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Not really funny Whiz you edited you created this mess with your decision to cut Leinart and go with the PROVEN LOSER I really think this gets lost on most.

Or they just don't agree with you. They are not lost. They just don't agree, and try not to be as over dramatic with their support as you are with your non-support.

Plus it is hard to miss since this same exact stance is on every thread, after every positive post, etc., etc.

Why oh why do people just give this guy all the faith like he always makes the right moves when hes already proven he doesn't?

Cause he is the first guy in 60 years to get a us a Championship.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

I though it was too.

I also like that Whiz publically asked for patience from the fans, and was appreciative of the support we give him.

Of course this statement above will be trashed, and I will be called an idiot for even thinking a good thought about anything on this team. But I stand by my statement.
:D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I though it was too.

I also like that Whiz publically asked for patience from the fans, and was appreciative of the support we give him.

Of course this statement above will be trashed, and I will be called an idiot for even thinking a good thought about anything on this team. But I stand by my statement.
:D

Do you think that Whisenhunt, in benching Anderson after the 3 and a half games is being patient? Using that logic, he is reacting impatiently as the fans are. No?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Do you think that Whisenhunt, in benching Anderson after the 3 and a half games is being patient? Using that logic, he is reacting impatiently as the fans are. No?

Sorry, I cannot respond, the logic you stretch to that conclusion is so thin at this point that anymore text on the screen will cause it to snap.

Seriously, What?

He thanked us, and asked for patience how you come to that reponse is ...... I dunno..... I can't even finish the sentence since cause of the lack of sense that I am trying to address.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I cannot respond, the logic you stretch to that conclusion is so thin at this point that anymore text on the screen will cause it to snap.

Seriously, What?

He thanked us, and asked for patience how you come to that reponse is ...... I dunno..... I can't even finish the sentence since cause of the lack of sense that I am trying to address.

Fair enough. I knew the sentence could be confusing.

Whisenhunt asked us for patience, yet benched Anderson after 3 and a half games. Do you think that Whisenhunt was patient with Anderson? Furthermore, if he wasn't patience with Anderson, how can he expect us to be patient in return?