Frozen

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie was amazing. That's all. It's nice going to these movies with my daughters because I can play off how much I enjoyed it by pretending I am only there for my kids. :p

You aren't the only one. :)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
my kids are 2-4 and we watched this originally at the drive-in ........ I'm not sure how they managed to retain anything from it, but they did

they both start singing some of the songs - in that mangled, repetative fashion .... grandma/grandpa are coming into town and they're begging to go again (at least the 4 year old) .... her 5 year old friend has pretty much invited herself as a tagalong

they definitely hit with this one

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the family to this one over the holiday break. Another gem from Disney. Everyone loved it! I thought I had it figured out from the start and was really surprised by then ending. Bravo Disney!

:clapping:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did everyone stay for the after the credits scene? We thought it was pretty funny. Very short scene, but funny.

Ever since I was a kid I have stayed until after the credits for films. Glad that many have content after the credits these days.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Did everyone stay for the after the credits scene? We thought it was pretty funny. Very short scene, but funny.

Ever since I was a kid I have stayed until after the credits for films. Glad that many have content after the credits these days.

Yep, and I'm glad they had a clip. I convinced my daughter to stay and we were the only two to stay until the very end.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, and I'm glad they had a clip. I convinced my daughter to stay and we were the only two to stay until the very end.

I can barely make it through a movie without having to take a leak. So as soon as the credits hit I make a B-Line for the Restroom!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Box Office Milestone: 'Frozen' Becomes No. 1 Animated Film of All Time

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-milestone-frozen-becomes-692156

Disney's Oscar-winning Frozen has become the top-grossing animated film of all time, surpassing the $1.063 billion earned by fellow Disney/Pixar title Toy Story 3.

Frozen now occupies the No. 10 spot on the list of the biggest global blockbusters and is the first billion-dollar title from Disney Animation Studios, as well as the seventh from Disney. It has earned $398.4 million domestically and $674 million internationally for a total $1.072 billion.

The 3D animated tentpole passed up Toy Story 3 over the weekend, thanks to a strong run in Japan -- its final market -- and more than four months after it was released in theaters in the U.S. The film has grossed $50.5 million so far in Japan. It also passed up Disney's live-action Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ($1.66 billion).

Frozen now takes aim at The Dark Knight Rises, which amassed $1.084 billion worldwide.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
If Disney could figure out how to get a nickel everytime someone sings the soundtrack they would have become the top grossing film ever by a longshot. I thought that it was a great show, but if I hear someone singing "Let It Go" one more time I think that I may competely lose it. I swear it has been months since I have been to an event with my kids (soccer games, band concerts, birthday parties) where some little kid did not start singing that song.

For the love of all that his holy, please let this song song stop.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Disney could figure out how to get a nickel everytime someone sings the soundtrack they would have become the top grossing film ever by a longshot. I thought that it was a great show, but if I hear someone singing "Let It Go" one more time I think that I may competely lose it. I swear it has been months since I have been to an event with my kids (soccer games, band concerts, birthday parties) where some little kid did not start singing that song.

:biglaugh:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A whole newww worrrrrldddddddddd

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We watched it late at home and I fell asleep before the end. Too many songs for me. I did semi guess the ending as I figured out who Anna would end up with but I didn't figure out what would save her.

Lucy's nieces love the movie and yes they sing Let It Go way too much.

I actually much preferred Tangled and frankly Brave blows both out of the water.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's damn cute when my 2 year old struts around the house with her makeshift cape singing "Let it Go". However, it's NOT the same when I was at the store the other day and there is this lady walking down the isle trying to sing it......and badly.

"Let it Go" people......DANG IT....now I just did it. ;)

We watched it late at home and I fell asleep before the end. Too many songs for me. I did semi guess the ending as I figured out who Anna would end up with but I didn't figure out what would save her.

Lucy's nieces love the movie and yes they sing Let It Go way too much.

I actually much preferred Tangled and frankly Brave blows both out of the water.

My kids love it but I personally thought Tangled was a better film.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's damn cute when my 2 year old struts around the house with her makeshift cape singing "Let it Go". However, it's NOT the same when I was at the store the other day and there is this lady walking down the isle trying to sing it......and badly.

"Let it Go" people......DANG IT....now I just did it. ;)

My kids love it but I personally thought Tangled was a better film.

My 7 year old boy changed the words from "Let it go" to "Killer Joe" and now that's all I think of when I hear that song.

Both of my kids have watched the Bluray about 15 times since it came out and it really is a great movie. I find myself LMAO at several parts as it plays in the background.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched it last night with the family, good movie!

Too much singing in my opinion but it seemed in the second half they calmed down on it and just told the story. For the first half it seemed you got 5 minutes of story and then 5 minutes of song that didnt really add to the story, just dragged the movie out.

The snowman was hilarious. The snow beast was awesome.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Man, I liked Frozen, but no way is it the best Disney movie.

Who says it was the best Disney movie? It's claim to fame now is that it has made the most money, but that doesn't mean it's the best.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im just happy disney made a great movie. They need to keep it up. They are a great brand and their parks are awesome. I wish them the best and enjoy their better movies.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read a couple of online reviews that said they think the reason Frozen is getting so much attention is they broke the Disney "MO". Everyone assumes that she's going to fall for the prince and live happily ever after and many assume the ice sales guy is going to wind up with her sister.

So the "shocking turn" later in the movie throws everyone for a loop. The adults that assumed they had the whole formula figured out go hey, they actually changed the plot on this one. And the kids go whoa, that prince was a bad guy?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read a couple of online reviews that said they think the reason Frozen is getting so much attention is they broke the Disney "MO". Everyone assumes that she's going to fall for the prince and live happily ever after and many assume the ice sales guy is going to wind up with her sister.

So the "shocking turn" later in the movie throws everyone for a loop. The adults that assumed they had the whole formula figured out go hey, they actually changed the plot on this one. And the kids go whoa, that prince was a bad guy?

or it was just a fun movie to watch

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's because it was produced by John Lassiter. Case closed.

:)

Seriously though, glad to see him bringing the Pixar touch to the Disney side as well.

What really resonated well with me in that movie was the "true love" was sibling love, not romantic love. That was pretty well done. Our two daughters were fighting the day we watched that movie in the theater, and it really weighed on them. When you break down that the reason Elsa kept herself locked away was to protect her sister, it makes the magic at the end much better.

Plus, I like song movies anyway.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, they didn't break the "Disney MO." They doubled down on it. Both parents died.

:D