Free Agents: An early take

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If you look at the current projected FA's, it makes sense to use FA to boost the defense, but nothing will be used exclusively.

I agree, I can see the team using FA to get a veteran WR and trying to address the OL but this isn't the strongest of free agent groups.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on moves so far Keim is planning to primarily fix defense through FA and offense through Draft
This would be a big mistake. We need 1 or 2 experienced olinemen and at the very least 1 wr and or te. I don’t want to see 2 rookies on our o- line learning and blocking for this offense and Rosen. Jmho.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Alford and Reed were street free agents:

Street/Other Free Agents (SFA)
SFA’s are players who had contracts that extended into at least 2016 with a NFL team but were released from the contract. Players who were released or not on an active roster prior to the playoffs were free to sign futures contracts for the 2016 League Year in January. Now that the Super Bowl is complete, teams can begin to release players under contract for 2016. Unlike unrestricted free agents who are not allowed to sign until March 9, these players are free to sign with any team in the NFL once released from their contract.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One of the things I DO like about signing Alford is that even though he had a down year, he'd easily be one of the best veteran corners on the market.

This year, probably a dozen teams need at least one corner, if not multiple. Signing him now fills a major need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard