Free Agency

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Average - Below Average...Might still have potential, but......He'd basically be another guy to help install the defense, but you'd definitely not shy away from drafting his position. He'd probably be really cheap and a 1 year deal.

Also two career interceptions (zero since 2020), hasn't started more than 9 games since his rookie year, and hasn't played in more than 13 games in a season since his rookie year.

The Colts gave up on him after three seasons (they used the 34th overall pick in the draft to get him) and moved him to 'Vegas for Yannick Ngakoue at this time last year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
this is the kinda signing IMO the Cards should have done

Ferrell has some kind talent-- while overdrafted, he was considered a first rounder

teams that are re-setting and have snaps to give ought to take low risk chances on players like this.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Isnt Maye a little too "raw" for the NFL

ala Mitch Trubisky?
Trubiscuit was a 1 year starter, right? Maye will be a starter for 2 full years, so more game tape and playing time, for sure. To put it another way, he will also have twice as much experience as the Florida kid that's rocketing up the draft this year.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
this is the kinda signing IMO the Cards should have done

Ferrell has some kind talent-- while overdrafted, he was considered a first rounder

teams that are re-setting and have snaps to give ought to take low risk chances on players like this.
I agree...I think bringing back Tristan Hill kinda fits that mold for them, if they go that way.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Creating the perception around the locker room and the league that the Cardinals don't care about winning is the solution? Perception, true or not, is reality.

Multiple reports of coaches and GM canidates turning down interviews and jobs.
NFLPA reports of having some of the worst working conditions around the league. Now we have players posting Tank GIFS for the whole world to see? We have a young and inexperienced coaching staff and players are already publicly doubting the franchise. I'm sorry, but I don't see how this helps to change the culture.
Under Keim/Kliff, I would buy into your perception is reality nonsense. But they are no longer there. MO/JG have spent time in successful organizations, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. But, I’m certainly not concerned about GIFS from players that have missed more games than they have played. FA is about $$ and it’s always been about money. I guarantee you that the NFLPA report is very low in the minds of where players play. It’s about who will pay them, and right now, that’s not in AZ. WINNING changes culture & nothing else. And we can’t win until we go scorched earth with this roster that was poisoned by Keim, Kliff, and VJ.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Trubiscuit was a 1 year starter, right? Maye will be a starter for 2 full years, so more game tape and playing time, for sure. To put it another way, he will also have twice as much experience as the Florida kid that's rocketing up the draft this year.
aaahhhhh ok i thought it was only1 year. thanks

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
But, I’m certainly not concerned about GIFS from players that have missed more games than they have played.
If you're not, you should be! Players talk, and players pay attention to this kind of stuff. If a player from a team implies they are openly tanking, why the hell would a FA want to come here but for an overpay? The top notch ownership group?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask the poster you quoted again after we sign him. If they sign him, the answer will be an unquestioned yes, especially because of the value of the contract. If not, no big loss. We have Christian to step up as number 2 CB.
Or if we sign him, he sucks. And if we don't, he's awesome.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I didn't realize guys designated as June 1st cuts could go ahead and sign with a new team...I thought they had to wait. So any reason for the Cards to not bring in Darius Slay?