Free agency thread 2022

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Even you must realize the fallacy in this statement.

In the end, as was the case with our last two first-round picks, the coaches will decide on playing time.
Ah, thanks for walking into that. As you like to point out, there is no corollary to your example. Our two ILBers have nothing to do with the IOL spots. Also, Vance doesn't coach on offense.

Less talent/fewer options at the position makes Hernandez more likely to start. More talent/more options makes it less likely. Simple math.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is scary. Why are you good with that? Because you used one example of one player sucking on one team, but was able to turn it around on another? Is that truly what you’re banking on?

Already said several times. Mark Glowinski.

But that's not the point. The point is that they starting RG in recent history has been Sweezy, Murray, Garcia or Jones. Hernandez is an upgrade on all of them.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
“Because you used one example of one player sucking on one team, but was able to turn it around on another?”
The point is that they starting RG in recent history has been Sweezy, Murray, Garcia or Jones. Hernandez is an upgrade on all of them.
But Brit, what in the hell is this based off of? Hope? Tape from a whole five years ago against bottom of the barrel schools? It surely cannot be eyes and stats because eyes tells me he’s very weak in pass-protection while not being able to pick up a stunt to save his life while stats back up those claims. He allowed 36 pressures and 7 sacks just last season. That’s worse than both Jones and Garcia last season and Murray the year before. So, if anything, recent history shows Will Hernandez is a downgrade on all of them. Just because he was drafted in the second round does not mean his potential is high, as is the case with Andy Isabella.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for walking into that. As you like to point out, there is no corollary to your example. Our two ILBers have nothing to do with the IOL spots. Also, Vance doesn't coach on offense.

Less talent/fewer options at the position makes Hernandez more likely to start. More talent/more options makes it less likely. Simple math.
Bizarre!

Less talent, more options? Scratching my head wondering as to who was on that list worth mentioning beyond one dearly departed ILB.

If anything, more talent and options reside with the G/T.

Repeat: Kk / Kugler will be making the decision, not Keim, as to playing time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“Because you used one example of one player sucking on one team, but was able to turn it around on another?”

But Brit, what in the hell is this based off of? Hope? Tape from a whole five years ago against bottom of the barrel schools? It surely cannot be eyes and stats because eyes tells me he’s very weak in pass-protection while not being able to pick up a stunt to save his life while stats back up those claims. He allowed 36 pressures and 7 sacks just last season. That’s worse than both Jones and Garcia last season and Murray the year before. So, if anything, recent history shows Will Hernandez is a downgrade on all of them. Just because he was drafted in the second round does not mean his potential is high, as is the case with Andy Isabella.

According to who? PFF? I love how people use PFF when they want to make a point but trash it the rest off the time.

If you can't see the potential in a guy that was highly regarded coming out and made the NFL all rookie team (Also PFF's top graded rookie O line if you want to use them and had pass pro grades in the 70's his first 2 seasons) that has had 4 different O line coaches, 3 different OC's and schemes and QB that holds the ball too long then that's up to you. Aswell as changes in the guys around him every single season.

I however, see a guy that works extremely hard. Has took additional off season coaching every year and who has much more to offer than the Giants allowed him.

And do I really need to list players that have got better elsewhere? You could probably make an extensive list just from players that left the Cardinals and were better elsewhere.

The Giants halved Kenny Golladay's yards per game in a single season. Let's not pretend that franchise isn't a dumpster fire that drains talent.

Why would anyone be angry about a guard on a 1 year deal that's likely earning less than $2m per year with potential upside?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He allowed 36 pressures and 7 sacks just last season.

Washington post which get their stats from Stats Perform say he gave up 2 sacks. Which is it?

Is he good if we believe WP but bad if we believe PFF?

PFF says Hump gave up 7 sacks and he has a $19m cap hit this year.

Stout

Reaction score
Bizarre!

Less talent, more options? Scratching my head wondering as to who was on that list worth mentioning beyond one dearly departed ILB.

If anything, more talent and options reside with the G/T.

Repeat: Kk / Kugler will be making the decision, not Keim, as to playing time.
Now you're just being deliberately obtuse. If there is less talent or fewer options at the position (sitting pat with what we have) our new signing is more likely to start. If there is more talent or more options (adding a 1st-round IOL, for instance), it is less likely our new signing will start. Simple math. I can't dumb it down for you any more than that ;)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But that's not the point. The point is that they starting RG in recent history has been Sweezy, Murray, Garcia or Jones. Hernandez is an upgrade on all of them.
Lol. You think. Which oline has been better over the past few years, ours or giants? Who played in which line? Why did giants opt for Garcia over Hernandez? Jury is 100% out on whether he’s better or not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
According to who? PFF? I love how people use PFF when they want to make a point but trash it the rest off the time.

If you can't see the potential in a guy that was highly regarded coming out and made the NFL all rookie team (Also PFF's top graded rookie O line if you want to use them and had pass pro grades in the 70's his first 2 seasons) that has had 4 different O line coaches, 3 different OC's and schemes and QB that holds the ball too long then that's up to you. Aswell as changes in the guys around him every single season.

I however, see a guy that works extremely hard. Has took additional off season coaching every year and who has much more to offer than the Giants allowed him.

And do I really need to list players that have got better elsewhere? You could probably make an extensive list just from players that left the Cardinals and were better elsewhere.

The Giants halved Kenny Golladay's yards per game in a single season. Let's not pretend that franchise isn't a dumpster fire that drains talent.

Why would anyone be angry about a guard on a 1 year deal that's likely earning less than $2m per year with potential upside?
Irony!

Also, I don’t think anyone is necessarily angry about the signing but rather they’re understandably dubious regarding your statement that you’re fine with this, intimating that the issue is definitively “solved.” If there’s angst it’s bc they fear keim is now done with oline, which they see as a failure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe it was a mutual parting.
Huh? Even if that’s the case the giants still would have essentially said “yeah we are okay with replacing you with Garcia” which means they view them as equivalent. Now if the giants wanted hernandez back and he just basically said “nah” and they had to sign a Garcia that’s a different story. Was hernandez a FA or was he released?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now you're just being deliberately obtuse. If there is less talent or fewer options at the position (sitting pat with what we have) our new signing is more likely to start. If there is more talent or more options (adding a 1st-round IOL, for instance), it is less likely our new signing will start. Simple math. I can't dumb it down for you any more than that ;)
Too Funny!

A word salad from someone who evidently has difficulty keeping track of his earlier train of thought.

The point, I made, which seems to fail normal comprehension is that KK in league with Kugler, as it was with our D-C over the past two seasons, will decide if Hernandez or a hypothetical #1 pick plays and not Keim. A simpleton on his most obtuse day could have clued into this point.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too Funny!

A word salad from someone who evidently has difficulty keeping track of his earlier train of thought.

The point, I made, which seems to fail normal comprehension is that KK in league with Kugler, as it was with our D-C over the past two seasons, will decide if Hernandez or a hypothetical #1 pick plays and not Keim. A simpleton on his most obtuse day could have clued into this point.
You just can’t help attacking other fans, can you?

Stout

Reaction score
You just can’t help attacking other fans, can you?
He can't, no. He deliberately trolls posters, does his best to ignore points he's wrong on when called out on it, and tries (rather sadly) to muddle other points to the point of obscuring what the discussion was even about. Then he goes schoolyard. It's pretty much the same cycle ad nauseum.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He can't, no. He deliberately trolls posters, does his best to ignore points he's wrong on when called out on it, and tries (rather sadly) to muddle other points to the point of obscuring what the discussion was even about. Then he goes schoolyard. It's pretty much the same cycle ad nauseum.

:lame:

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score