Free agency thread 2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nope, but it's the same song and dance every year.
Eh at this time it’s a valid concern. As things evolve people’s analysis will change. But right now we know we have lost kirk without replacement. We know we have several players who are unsigned without replacement. So we worse than last season at this time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But if you go with that analogy that boxer is done other than as fodder for future up and comers. A boxer with an 11-6 record and first round knockout by a guy who would become champ (but wasn’t at the time of the brutal beating - that wasn’t a title bout) gets thrown in the slag heap and doesn’t ever sniff any shot at the belt.

Regardless, it’s a silly comp.

It's the best I could do with a bad comp :)

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I said to a degree, not wholly. Conner was much better than I thought though, as predicted, he was injured during a crucial part of the season. I was 100 percent correct that Chase couldn't hold up and be the guy for a whole season. Green also produced better than I expected, though clearly had heart issues. You granted me Watt. The CB room wasn't good enough, as I said, though the back-end depth was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't 100% right on everything, but nobody on the board is. I certainly pointed out some issues during the offseason that came to pass.

Your whole need to come after me at this point is just silly, man. If you're happy with what we're doing this offseason, that's great for you. I disagree, and am by far not the only one.
FTR i am not happy with the offseason either, however i never expected them to be active in the first place.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
These teams have been doing it right since 2012

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol, Watt instead of Reddick, Butler instead of Peterson, Devondre Campbell gone, Rasul Douglas gone. Offseason moves an issue? Definitely not!

I mean, they obviously weren't an issue seeing as we had 11 wins.

Your list makes no sense.

Watt did not replace Reddick. We already had much cheaper Golden who had nearly as many sacks as Reddick for less money and CJ was back.

Butler decided to retire rather than get beat out by a rookie. Peterson sucked for the Vikings and would have cost 3x what Butler cost.

Devondre Campbell didn't fit and was poor outside the first 5 games he played. Literally nobody was bothered when we didn't resign him so we could play our #8 overall pick.

Rasul Douglas was cut by the Texans (the Texans!) a week before the season started and we added him to the PS and literally nobody here thought anything more about him or that he should be on the rosters the first 7 games. Then the Packers signed him late October from our PS and he did well. But let's not pretend anyone thought he was any good until that point.

But other than all that you were spot on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard