For the sake of conversation…

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Sean Payton is our next head coach who do you think will be our qb on opening day?
Colt McCoy or other?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If Sean Payton is our next head coach who do you think will be our qb on opening day?
Colt McCoy or other?
Perhaps Jameis Winston? He could help install the offense in training camp, too. Bridgewater also spent time under Payton on the Saints.

Jarrett Stidham and Mike White are younger players with upside. Jacoby Brissett has shown he can be steady enough for a bit as well, and won't expect to compete as a starter.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking Brissett. He won’t cost a lot and did have a good year I believe at Indy.
I think Bridgewater and Winston would want more money.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We could always draft one in a later round or sign one that doesn't get drafted. You never know cause look at Brock Purdy, who saw that coming? I know, why use picks on a QB when we have so many holes? The bottom line is this. In the Payton scenario, we as fans have no idea who Payton or Monti would like. It could be a possibility.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing to base this on, but -

Things happen quickly in HC searches, and the slow late pace of the Payton negotiations makes me nervous.

Hope that most recent reports of such things as Denver jumping back into the fray is just Media’s way of staying relevant.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
This is a good question regardless who ends up being our HC. Colt is ok for a game or two but not for multiple games and very possibly most of next season.

Let's pretend for a second that some miracle happens and the QB they bring in is playing well
and the Cards are even in the playoff hunt. Does the QB get benched when Kyler is cleared to play?

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a good question regardless who ends up being our HC. Colt is ok for a game or two but not for multiple games and very possibly most of next season.

Let's pretend for a second that some miracle happens and the QB they bring in is playing well
and the Cards are even in the playoff hunt. Does the QB get benched when Kyler is cleared to play?
Well, are we 7-0 or 6-1? Or are we 4-3 or 3-4? He would have to be simply amazing to keep Kyler on the bench.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
If they bring somebody in like Brissett, and he’s doing really well, and we’re in the playoff hunt, they will let KM “completely heal” which would mean 2024 we would see the 2 battle it out for starter. Unless it’s an old guy like Brady.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep just replying to the idea that he'd bring in his own guy. I doubt that.
Maybe, maybe not. But they need to bring in SOMEONE's guy. They cannot start with McCoy and one of the third stringers they had last year. That would be punting on the season before it even began. McCoy would last about 3 games before he's on IR with some muscle pull or concussion.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. But they need to bring in SOMEONE's guy. They cannot start with McCoy and one of the third stringers they had last year. That would be punting on the season before it even began. McCoy would last about 3 games before he's on IR with some muscle pull or concussion.
The Cardinals probably bring in a veteran who knows he will start until Murray is ready.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose