For draft talk reference

Which player would you prefer with the #4 pick in the draft?

• Total voters

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Petzing figured out pretty quick what we were good at doing though, and to his credit he featured that in our game plans.

He didn't try to use 4 wide outs all the time like Kliff the offensive genius.
gonna go out on a limb with the claim that Petzing and the boys actually made us good at something....we have been a decent running team for a couple seasons but this crew tweaked the running game until it was nearly dominant.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Nabers is also special dawg. He’s really in the same tier with Ja’Marr as a prospect to me. It just so happens in the same class that there’s a guy who’s a better prospect than both.
A tier better than Odzune as well?

Considering the fact that another QB will be on the board, along with two top tier tackle prospects, unless Nabers is significantly better than Odzune doesn't it make more sense to trade down and get an Odzune plus potentially much more?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Nabers is also special dawg. He’s really in the same tier with Ja’Marr as a prospect to me. It just so happens in the same class that there’s a guy who’s a better prospect than both.

He had a big catch against Alabama, but otherwise seemed pretty contained:

I'll watch maybe the Ole Miss game from earlier in the year. It's so hard to project wideouts because most coaches drop them in the slot where the pass is easier for the QB; you don't get to see him do some of the routes that you'd really want from an X in the NFL.

Looked clean fighting off the press and had good snap out of his routes, tho.

KiwiCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure what thread this truly belongs in but I didn't want to start a fresh one.

It appears that maybe AJ Brown wants out of Philly, now normally id advocate against trading for players who force their way out, but on the premise that Gannon (who should know AJ after being on the team last year) green lights it, what would the posters thoughts be on trading for AJ Brown as WR1 and then drafting Alt/Fashanu?

Im not an expert on contracts, would the contract kill the move? What sort of value is AJ worth, Texans pick plus what?

I love the idea of a rookie WR on a rookie deal and him becoming a top ten home grown WR, but AJ Brown is a known quantity and a very good one at that, just shy of 1500 yards both years with the Eagles.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what thread this truly belongs in but I didn't want to start a fresh one.

It appears that maybe AJ Brown wants out of Philly, now normally id advocate against trading for players who force their way out, but on the premise that Gannon (who should know AJ after being on the team last year) green lights it, what would the posters thoughts be on trading for AJ Brown as WR1 and then drafting Alt/Fashanu?

Im not an expert on contracts, would the contract kill the move? What sort of value is AJ worth, Texans pick plus what?

I love the idea of a rookie WR on a rookie deal and him becoming a top ten home grown WR, but AJ Brown is a known quantity and a very good one at that, just shy of 1500 yards both years with the Eagles.
Pretty sure Monti was in the room when the Titans traded AJ Brown.

KiwiCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Pretty sure Monti was in the room when the Titans traded AJ Brown.
True you could be right, but there's a lot of variables here and two seasons play. He may have been against the move. He may have been for it but he may reflect on that and be aware that is was probably a bad move in hindsight. We just don't really know.

Was the Texans trade more to do with not wanting to pay him the big contract or more of a culture thing? I cant remember what was reported at the time.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody should ever depend on a draft choice as a saviour or expect an All-Pro performance in year one.
MHJ or Nabers or Odunze will bring another dimension to this almost 1 dimensional offense.
A wr is a glaring major need. We clamor for the big name and assume anybody other than the big three isn’t good enough.
If MO takes an OT I’m assuming they have a targeted wr. Maybe it’s Coleman or Franklin or Thomas or Legette. However, we still need to add to the wr room. The more weapons we add the better everyone becomes. It’s important we are diversified enough so defense pay the price for trying to take one player out of the game.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nobody should ever depend on a draft choice as a saviour or expect an All-Pro performance in year one.
MHJ or Nabers or Odunze will bring another dimension to this almost 1 dimensional offense.
A wr is a glaring major need. We clamor for the big name and assume anybody other than the big three isn’t good enough.
If MO takes an OT I’m assuming they have a targeted wr. Maybe it’s Coleman or Franklin or Thomas or Legette. However, we still need to add to the wr room. The more weapons we add the better everyone becomes. It’s important we are diversified enough so defense pay the price for trying to take one player out of the game.
Slight disagreement. I think you try to identify the WR who best fits how you want to use the WR and the more things they can do, the better.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's weird because MJH at #2 would have felt like... kind of a reach?

But at #4, that seems like the perfect player-value fit for a once-in-a-ten-year WR.

Is MHJ really a "Once-in-ten-year" WR? Is he instantly better than say Justin Jefferson or Jamar Chase who were drafted just a couple of years ago?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Eagles would take a $40M cap hit to trade AJ Brown.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is MHJ really a "Once-in-ten-year" WR? Is he instantly better than say Justin Jefferson or Jamar Chase who were drafted just a couple of years ago?
We'll never know until he plays, but he has all of the intangibles. Andrew Luck was probably the prospect everyone thought and then injuries derailed it.

Trevor Lawrence and Jadaveon Clowney (so far)aren't / weren't.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Certainly not "instantly better" than either of the two players you mentioned.

But I think it's certainly possible in two or three years he's better than either.

And his agent told me he's a once in ten year guy plus I read it on the internet MCD. So it's tattoo worthy. Willing to have it written in ink on my body! :)

Kidding aside, I'm not a draftnick. I think you watch more college ball than me. If you say he's overhyped I'll take that into consideration.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slight disagreement. I think you try to identify the WR who best fits how you want to use the WR and the more things they can do, the better.
I see your point. I’m thinking if the Cards draft one of these guys and add nothing else to this wr room it will be a mistake for any rookie to carry this team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s a once in a decade prospect. Like Fitz and Andrew Luck and Joe Thomas.

Who knows what kind of player they’ll be.
So you say basically the same thing I did, and yet thumbs down. Not at all surprising.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So you say basically the same thing I did, and yet thumbs down. Not at all surprising.
Very concerned about your engagement, huh?

I disagreed with your take on Andrew Luck, who wasn’t the savior we were promised before the injuries.

Lamar Jackson turned out to be the Andrew Luck we hoped for.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very concerned about your engagement, huh?

I disagreed with your take on Andrew Luck, who wasn’t the savior we were promised before the injuries.

Lamar Jackson turned out to be the Andrew Luck we hoped for.
More like you using the thumbs down button to the point of trolling. I said what I said to illicit a response, which usually doesn't happen.