Fitzgerald calls out Floyd

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter
Today at @LarryFitzgerald camp, Michael Floyd is here. No more Twitter needling from Fitz today

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
It is too early to tell you guys who seem enamored with this pick that I told you so, but if Floyd turns out to be anything but a very high 1st caliber star, I am going to rip you guys for years for supporting this pick. I do hope I am wrong, but doubt it very seriously. He may contribute some, but beyond that I still feel strongly that he will turn our to be another one of our extreme reaches while passing on some true stars that were available to us.

Time will tell though.

What an easy game to play. The odds are always on the side of the person that expects a pick not to live up to the hype.

I have a prediction, tomorrow will not be the end of the world. When I'm right, I'm going to look like a genius!

Plus, as stated previously, you are clearly not objective here. Just like the only way Queen James will have any vindication with me is if he indeed wins more than the seven championships that he promised Heat fans.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think its great that he is calling him out I just want to know if both Kolb and Skelton are there and if not why no Tweets?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its great that he is calling him out I just want to know if both Kolb and Skelton are there and if not why no Tweets?

Here are the Cardinals there right now:

Fitz
Bartel
Floyd

Seriously. That is it.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I would say yes. You do more to improve your defense and you take Coples, Ingram or Mercilus instead of Floyd.

But this is the Cardinals who have a long history of successful WRs, far better results than with DEs or LBs. So QB play aside Floyd was a good pick for them. Remember our last 2 early round WRs have combined for 9 pro bowls.
I don't see how your qb position changes the BPA approach. You still want the best player you can get from the draft.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was reported this morning that Floyd would be showing up tomorrow for Fitz's workouts in Minnesota.

You may notice that this is voluntary and all our other receivers / offensive players aren't up there except Bartel.

Fitz is absolutely pushing the kid and the kid is responding. Not sure how this is a bad thing.

This.

Sounds like Fitz likes him and is lighting fires. And the DWI comment tells me he's tight with him already, because you don't do that otherwise.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter
Today at @LarryFitzgerald camp, Michael Floyd is here. No more Twitter needling from Fitz today
I think that is the key word.. Doesn't sound as major as some of you are making it..

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still dissapointed about the lack of articles and news coming out about our QBs stepping up and working non stop. Mannings punk ass is constantly talking about private workouts n stuff while our qbs are relaxing away or at least appearing to be.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't see how your qb position changes the BPA approach. You still want the best player you can get from the draft.

It doesn't it just changes which of 4,5,6,7 bpa's you take. Floyd wasn't that much better, if at all, than Ingram or Coples or Wiley. Big difference between passing on Floyd and taking Fleming because you are desperate for a CB.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Still dissapointed about the lack of articles and news coming out about our QBs stepping up and working non stop. Mannings punk ass is constantly talking about private workouts n stuff while our qbs are relaxing away or at least appearing to be.

Media cares 1000x more about Manning than Kolb or Skelton. Shouldn't be new to anyone that the Cards get the back page of the reporting, so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
It always comes down to something like this at this particular time during the off-season. Just two more weeks to go to training camp. It's OK to be concerned about stuff like this-----just don't get carried away and start bashing players or each other during these last few days of summer doldrums before camp. Let the players take care of any negatives, (just as Fitz just did). Try to concentrate on positives-----it makes the time easier to pass.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Media cares 1000x more about Manning than Kolb or Skelton. Shouldn't be new to anyone that the Cards get the back page of the reporting, so to speak.

I follow local media so that point would be incorrect. If Skelton or Kolb were conducting workout and doing tons of prep urban, somers and jerky would be all over it.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here are the Cardinals there right now:

Fitz
Bartel
Floyd

Seriously. That is it.
Per Urban Roberts and Stephen Williams were there yesterday, im hoping/guessing they didnt leave after one day.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Pahleeeezzzzeee!!!!

P. Manning is one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game of football. His team went from Super Bowl contender to 0 wins and the ONLY difference was Peyton not playing.

Skelton and Kolb haven't earned the right to smell P. Manning's jock...they're still steps away from carrying it.

TJ

Reaction score
I follow local media so that point would be incorrect. If Skelton or Kolb were conducting workout and doing tons of prep urban, somers and jerky would be all over it.

Then you would also know that there are zero stories out that reference a lack of work ethic from one or the other.

Do you honestly believe Kolb and Skelton are doing nothing to improve their games this season? Just because they're not at Fitz's much publicized camp does not mean they're sitting on their couches eating bon-bons and watching soap operas all day long.

Personally, I'm elated both are staying out of the limelight. I don't want a repeat of 2010, when Leinart was too visible trying to sell himself to the media. Sometimes, no news is good news.

The least of my worries is Kolb and Skelton's preparation for the season. Both are very hard workers.

TJ

Reaction score
Pahleeeezzzzeee!!!!

P. Manning is one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game of football. His team went from Super Bowl contender to 0 wins and the ONLY difference was Peyton not playing.

Skelton and Kolb haven't earned the right to smell P. Manning's jock...they're still steps away from carrying it.

You didn't read the post to which I responded, that was questioning the reason why Peyton is getting so much attention for his camp and our QBs have not had any exposure.

Thank you for pointing out what is universally known...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you would also know that there are zero stories out that reference a lack of work ethic from one or the other.

Do you honestly believe Kolb and Skelton are doing nothing to improve their games this season? Just because they're not at Fitz's much publicized camp does not mean they're sitting on their couches eating bon-bons and watching soap operas all day long.

Personally, I'm elated both are staying out of the limelight. I don't want a repeat of 2010, when Leinart was too visible trying to sell himself to the media. Sometimes, no news is good news.

The least of my worries is Kolb and Skelton's preparation for the season. Both are very hard workers.

Not saying I think they are eating bon bons watching survivor marathons but they should be organizing workouts or at least at larrys camp honing skills. Some QBs all you hear is about this, even RG3 the rookie.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not saying I think they are eating bon bons watching survivor marathons but they should be organizing workouts or at least at larrys camp honing skills. Some QBs all you hear is about this, even RG3 the rookie.

Well, maybe two Texas guys don't feel a need to haul there asses to Minny to "hone their skills" at this point in the offseason. Doubt that either of our QBs is not working out daily and throwing. They have plenty of time to continue to work on timing issues with our receivers.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe two Texas guys don't feel a need to haul there asses to Minny to "hone their skills" at this point in the offseason. Doubt that either of our QBs is not working out daily and throwing. They have plenty of time to continue to work on timing issues with our receivers.

Sure.

Yet other QBs are working with their receivers right now.

Can defend it all you want but with how last eyar went and the heavy competition at the position this year it would be nice to see some proactiveness.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sure.

Can defend it all you want but with how last eyar went and the heavy competition at the position this year it would be nice to see some proactiveness.

If either thought that showing up at Fitz's camp was the difference between starting or not, come September, they'd be there.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sure.

Can defend it all you want but with how last year went and the heavy competition at the position this year it would be nice to see some proactiveness.

Bartel is there? He's also a Texas guy.

If Fitz is such a team player why isn't he in Texas since 3 of the 4 QBs are Texans?

Oh yeah, it's July. Nevermind.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If either thought that showing up at Fitz's camp was the difference between starting or not, come September, they'd be there.

yeah, no problem, dont bother putting in extra work, it doesnt help anything. No use discussing it, no use wanting more from our QBs. They are elite, they dont need to grind every day. Your right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson