Fitzgerald calls out Floyd

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anyone one of us actually knowing why Floyd missed 3 practices slash bikram yoga sessions? Did I miss that part of the Tweet? All we know was he wasn't in Minnesota and absent the other part of the equation I am not going to exactly wring my hands over it.

I guess I'm not clear why it matters? I assume Fitz knows why he wasn't there and apparently wasn't impressed with it. Like I said unless it's an inside joke between them, the fact that Fitz put it out there says he doesn't believe the reason(s) were valid for Floyd to not be there.

I hope he's just trying to hit the kid hard early on so he gets it, but it's a little disconcerting that he's already saying like that about a kid he pushed us to draft.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love how the people who blasted the pick just pat themsleves on back without you know, actually thinking about it and looking into it.

My guess is this is much ado about nothing. As usual.

That works both ways, the people that were not concerned about Floyd's red flags then aren't concerned about this now apparently.

I hope I'm wrong but this is precisely why I was so surprised the Cards picked him. This organization never picks guys with high picks who have such clear red flags, they just don't do it. They've been burned in the past and they avoid it like the plague now.

When I pointed out that after the draft people said don't worry, Fitz knows this kid well.

So IF Fitz is now calling the kid out what now, don't worry Brian Kelly knows the kid and likes him?

Again, if it's an inside joke great, if it's not, it's a concern.

Also if it's not a joke, I kind of doubt DWI was an accidental use by Fitz.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz wouldn't have gone to the trouble of tweeting about it if he didn't like it. If Fitz doesn't like him missing those 3 workouts, I don't either. I don't think anyone is wringing their hands over it at this point.

I would say if Fitz is joking around he owes the kid a public apology given he has to know the reaction to saying DWI.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm calling out Fitz! Dude - no need to be playing ball, and worse - leaving your feet!!! Uggghhh!!!! :mad:

You must be registered for see images

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sounds like much ado about nothing. Floyd is young, talented, and Fitz expects a lot out of him. Fitz has plenty of reason to: he doesn't want to be double/triple teamed anymore and wants the offense to thrive again.

Floyd has yet to play a down in the NFL. Can we see how he responds in his first or even second year before we try and cut him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Whatever the intention, I am glad this is happening now rather than in season. We will see.

My entire issue with drafting Floyd was more about our QB situation than it about his work ethic or off-field issues. I still feel we gave our QBs the keys to a ferrarri and they don't even have their driver's permit yet.

I love this analogy. :thumbup:

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
Fitz @D_Genius I'm just keeping it 100 he's a great kid with a wealth of ability but I/we need him at his best & we all benefit = wins. #birdgang

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This is off topic, but did anyone else know that there is a ceramic company called "Fitz and Floyd"? Not sure we can incorporate that association into our beloved team, but I thought it was a weird coincidence when I did a Google search.

http://www.fitzandfloyd.com/

Personally I would love salt and pepper shakers that are themed like our #1 and #2 receivers. I think some hardcore lobbying should happen to make this happen.

One hardens up when the heat is , the other cracks.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was reported this morning that Floyd would be showing up tomorrow for Fitz's workouts in Minnesota.

You may notice that this is voluntary and all our other receivers / offensive players aren't up there except Bartel.

Fitz is absolutely pushing the kid and the kid is responding. Not sure how this is a bad thing.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
or maybe he didn't because his Reunion is conveniently in Minnesota where they are practicing.

Up until this year the yearly 4th of July Fitzgerald/Johnson family reunion has been in Chicago.

Yes. I do read too much Twitter.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
That works both ways, the people that were not concerned about Floyd's red flags then aren't concerned about this now apparently.

I hope I'm wrong but this is precisely why I was so surprised the Cards picked him. This organization never picks guys with high picks who have such clear red flags, they just don't do it. They've been burned in the past and they avoid it like the plague now.

When I pointed out that after the draft people said don't worry, Fitz knows this kid well.

So IF Fitz is now calling the kid out what now, don't worry Brian Kelly knows the kid and likes him?

Again, if it's an inside joke great, if it's not, it's a concern.

Also if it's not a joke, I kind of doubt DWI was an accidental use by Fitz.

Spot on Russ. There's a reason Fitz is busting this kids balls & especially the words he chose.

I wasn't a supporter of the Floyd pick before the draft or now, but I'm also not gonna say "I told you so"...yet. Lets all just pray #15 proves the Cards were right & the minority of naysayers wrong!!!

Last edited:

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Not a big deal at all. Fitz wants to push Floyd. Good. Call him out, get him out of his comfort zone and make him a legit pro.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Love how the people who blasted the pick just pat themsleves on back without you know, actually thinking about it and looking into it.

My guess is this is much ado about nothing. As usual.

I blasted the pick...... Could care less about this issue though.

Let's see what happens by the 4th preseason game. I'm holding out hope that I am wrong.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Much ado about nothing. Fitz is just pushing the kid to be great. Nothing wrong with this on either part right now.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It is too early to tell you guys who seem enamored with this pick that I told you so, but if Floyd turns out to be anything but a very high 1st caliber star, I am going to rip you guys for years for supporting this pick. I do hope I am wrong, but doubt it very seriously. He may contribute some, but beyond that I still feel strongly that he will turn our to be another one of our extreme reaches while passing on some true stars that were available to us.

Time will tell though.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fitz is an all pro
Floyd has 0 yards in the nfl

Fitz is a model player and citizen
Floyd ...yet to be determined

It's a bold move to call Floyd out and Fitz IS making a bold statement.

I trust Fitz 100%...those u siding with Floyd are fools!

Fitz put his neck out stating he wanted Floyd and how's Floyd repay the favor...missing his 3rd practice...why follow the all pro!!?!

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The #1 WR taken already got a DUI, again

The 49ers WR is barely making the team

Half the remaining 1st round draft picks are holding out

Our WR isnt keeping up with Fitz' work ethic. Say it isnt so. Why is it always us?

Voice of reason right here. Fitz is demanding a lot from Floyd. This isn't as much a knock on Floyd as it is Fitz being a leader, and expecting greatness.

I am not going to to bag on Floyd until he starts to fail on the field.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Twitter sucks. It has amazing possibilites. Its also a chasm of lies, hearsay, and assumptions. All in 140 characters or less. Put down your smart phone, and step away...

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is too early to tell you guys who seem enamored with this pick that I told you so, but if Floyd turns out to be anything but a very high 1st caliber star, I am going to rip you guys for years for supporting this pick. I do hope I am wrong, but doubt it very seriously. He may contribute some, but beyond that I still feel strongly that he will turn our to be another one of our extreme reaches while passing on some true stars that were available to us.

Time will tell though.

And you can tell us that you really HOPED he would be that star, but such clear cut viewpoints also tell me that no matter how he does you're going to rip the Floyd supporters with I told you so's. People with such intense beliefs tend to have an intense desire to be right. So the guys kind of screwed in terms of trying to please you.

Fortunately, none of us matter one bit in the grand scheme of things... This whole thread is born of a tweet?

This board os full of twatters.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Whatever the intention, I am glad this is happening now rather than in season. We will see.

My entire issue with drafting Floyd was more about our QB situation than it about his work ethic or off-field issues. I still feel we gave our QBs the keys to a ferrari and they don't even have their driver's permit yet.

I don't understand this thinking.

Shouldn't you do everything in your power to improve the qb play? Drafting Floyd in theory should do just that. It should open up Fitz more and help the running game.

So if your QBs struggle you should change your draft strategy?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't understand this thinking.

Shouldn't you do everything in your power to improve the qb play? Drafting Floyd in theory should do just that. It should open up Fitz more and help the running game.

So if your QBs struggle you should change your draft strategy?

I would say yes. You do more to improve your defense and you take Coples, Ingram or Mercilus instead of Floyd.

But this is the Cardinals who have a long history of successful WRs, far better results than with DEs or LBs. So QB play aside Floyd was a good pick for them. Remember our last 2 early round WRs have combined for 9 pro bowls.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison