Fitzgerald calls out Floyd

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Urban Roberts and Stephen Williams were there yesterday, im hoping/guessing they didnt leave after one day.

Well that is good to hear. I guess that makes Early Doucet the loser in the "Do what Fitz does camp"

Williams is very smart to be there. He is absolutely on the bubble in my opinion.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yeah, no problem, dont bother putting in extra work, it doesnt help anything. No use discussing it, no use wanting more from our QBs. They are elite, they dont need to grind every day. Your right.

If I thouight or had any evidence that they were simply sitting on their butts, I'd be with you. I don't, so I"m not.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
If I thouight or had any evidence that they were simply sitting on their butts, I'd be with you. I don't, so I"m not.

I am okay with Kolb sitting out the summer. With his luck, he'll practice shotgun plays, mishandle the snap, have the ball hit him in the head, and then he's out until Week 8 with his 100th concussion.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't understand this thinking.

Shouldn't you do everything in your power to improve the qb play? Drafting Floyd in theory should do just that. It should open up Fitz more and help the running game.

So if your QBs struggle you should change your draft strategy?

Yes, but you have to balance the two. We drafted a WR in the first round of a very solid WR draft class without even knowing who are starting QB is going to be. Kolb and Skelton have two totally different skill sets and are both unproven. Neither Floyd or Fitz are quick, seperation receivers. This means our QBs are going to have more 5 to 7 step passing routes to allow them to get open down the field. If our QBs are expected to unload the ball early for 3 step routes, these are more likley going to be contested catches which means ball placement will be at a premium. We don't know if either of the QBs we have can even do this consistently. That is a big problem.

The problem with drafting receives high is they rely on another player to get them the ball. If that other player can't, they become a pretty useless commodity. Pass rushers and offensive linemen do not.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm really not okay with Kolb or Skelton not being there. Bartel is there, chillin with Fitzy, but our #1 and #2 aren't? I keep thinking back to Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning and Manning saying that Harrison followed him everywhere. Wanted to work out at 5 am, wanted to throw passes after practice. Eventually they developed a routine where it was just them doing it before and after practice and Manning carried that over with Reggie Wayne and Garcon.

Our QB's don't do that. That's the difference between them and us. Difference between connecting with a receiver when you need it and our dude dropping the damn ball or having it sail over his head in crunch time. The difference between trust and being surprised when it hits you in the chest.

No it's not okay. It's freaking ridiculous. Best player in the league in my opinion, and they're not even there. Most QB's in this league would be waiting outside his mansion waiting to be let in out of pity.

How serious are these QB's about winning? That's what I have to ask. Do you want to be mediocre or good? Or do you want to win championships like Fitz? Totally ridic.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I'm really not okay with Kolb or Skelton not being there. Bartel is there, chillin with Fitzy, but our #1 and #2 aren't? I keep thinking back to Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning and Manning saying that Harrison followed him everywhere. Wanted to work out at 5 am, wanted to throw passes after practice. Eventually they developed a routine where it was just them doing it before and after practice and Manning carried that over with Reggie Wayne and Garcon.

Our QB's don't do that. That's the difference between them and us. Difference between connecting with a receiver when you need it and our dude dropping the damn ball or having it sail over his head in crunch time. The difference between trust and being surprised when it hits you in the chest.

No it's not okay. It's freaking ridiculous. Best player in the league in my opinion, and they're not even there. Most QB's in this league would be waiting outside his mansion waiting to be let in out of pity.

How serious are these QB's about winning? That's what I have to ask. Do you want to be mediocre or good? Or do you want to win championships like Fitz? Totally ridic.

Fitz' workouts are usually earlier than this, aren't they? It is cutting close to the start of training camp...which starts earlier this year for the Cardinals, and is going to be a six week grind (with trips to Ohio, Kansas City [extended stay] and Tennessee)---so, in that respect, I can see why some players would want to get in their last two weeks some vacation, family and R&R time.

Plus, with QBs they have to be prudent about the number of passes they throw. Bartel isn't likely going to get anywhere near the reps in training camp that Kolb and Skelton will, so in his situation it makes more sense for him to be there.

It might be possible that for all of the reasons above, Fitz himself advised Kolb and Skelton to stay home.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fitz' workouts are usually earlier than this, aren't they? It is cutting close to the start of training camp...which starts earlier this year for the Cardinals, and is going to be a six week grind (with trips to Ohio, Kansas City [extended stay] and Tennessee)---so, in that respect, I can see why some players would want to get in their last two weeks some vacation, family and R&R time.

Plus, with QBs they have to be prudent about the number of passes they throw. Bartel isn't likely going to get anywhere near the reps in training camp that Kolb and Skelton will, so in his situation it makes more sense for him to be there.

It might be possible that for all of the reasons above, Fitz himself advised Kolb and Skelton to stay home.

I'm all for Kolb knifing a few boars and relaxing at this point.

As you say, they have a pretty intense grind coming up.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree. What was one of the reasons the team got to the Superbowl? Warner to Fitzgerald. And when did they catch on fire? When they became close and started being able to answer each other's sentences.

The QB's relationship with his WRs is critical. Bartel is going to know how Larry thinks and vice versa.

Obviously Kolb and Skelton have their reasons for not being there but I'd sure like to know what they are.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

All good points, Mitch

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Well that is good to hear. I guess that makes Early Doucet the loser in the "Do what Fitz does camp"

Williams is very smart to be there. He is absolutely on the bubble in my opinion.

Williams is gone, and Doucet ............................

Yeah, he has nothing to work on

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
God that's still painful to watch.

The more I see that play the more I think Early couldn't have caught that ball even if he didn't fall down.

LSH was also open but because once again the Cards don't block an outside rusher Skelton can't get the ball to either one of them.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Duck I said the same thing over & over the day that play happened & was crucified for it. It was a bad throw by Skelton & I still stick to my guns Doucet couldn't have caught that pass based on where it actually landed...way behind to his left & long.

Flame me again http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/the-doucet-fall-174250.html?highlight=doucet

And it was a bad throw because Bridges didn't block the Cincy DE who was in Skelton's face before any of our WR's were open. If anyone should be the goat for that play it is Bridges not Doucet. JB blocks the DE and the game is tied as both Doucet and LSH were open for TDs. And we win our 5th OT game!

Actually it wasn't a bad throw. It was either heave it in the direction of the guy 2D sees wide open or take a sack.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Floyd tweeted that Micheal Irvin showed up today to help out and give some pointers. Who would have picked him to ever be helping us out

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Floyd tweeted that Micheal Irvin showed up today to help out and give some pointers. Who would have picked him to ever be helping us out

What, did he tell them not to let the white chalk on baseball fields fool them because it actually isn't cocaine?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
What, did he tell them not to let the white chalk on baseball fields fool them because it actually isn't cocaine?

Chopper, you mean you don't like when the "Cokemaker" goes into one of his cocaine indused yelling rages on air on the NFL Network? ;)

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

For all we know, Kolb could have donated half his salary to hiring the best QB coach the world has ever seen and is working 18 hours a day to improve as much as possible. However, because he's not at Fitz camp he doesn't care about winning? Fitz camp is generally targeted toward receivers, which is why guys like Jerry Sullivan and Michael Irvin come and help out. Kolb has a lot to work on in order to become a good quarterback. He can probably receive better quarterback training and instruction somewhere other than Minnesota.

Kolb's chemistry with Fitz is very important, I'm not underestimating the importance of that. However, there are more variables in the Kolb QB improvement equation than just throwing a ball around with Fitz in Minnesota.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Hold your cards while we check.

Sorry B4 wasn't called. Not a good Bingo.

No way Doucet gets to that ball after he'd stopped his route and turned the other way from the pass. Usain Bolt might have gotten to it don't know if he could have caught it though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold your cards while we check.

Sorry B4 wasn't called. Not a good Bingo.

No way Doucet gets to that ball after he'd stopped his route and turned the other way from the pass. Usain Bolt might have gotten to it don't know if he could have caught it though.

You guys need glasses. VERY EASY CATCH! ;)