Firefly

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The signature of a good series is that you want more when all is said and done. All 3 of his TV shows had that feeling.

Eh, not really. I'm not sure about Angel, but Buffy was definitely finished. It went on a little too far, but by wrapping it up when he did, they were able to avoid burning out too much.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, not really. I'm not sure about Angel, but Buffy was definitely finished. It went on a little too far, but by wrapping it up when he did, they were able to avoid burning out too much.
I thought Buffy was ended well, but I was so sad to see it go. Same for Angel.

Stout

Reaction score
I thought Buffy was ended well, but I was so sad to see it go. Same for Angel.

It did end well, but there were large segments of late episodes where you just had to roll your eyes and wonder if the series had anything left to offer. Old themes kept getting revisited, and situations started to repeat. Glad he ended it when he did.

Also glad he ended the main Angel story line when he did, because that had gotten incredibly old. I felt Angel's original death was a good place to end that story line, and to Whedon's credit, he didn't have nearly as prominent role as before. I just got sick and tired of the whole Buffy-Angel drama.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It did end well, but there were large segments of late episodes where you just had to roll your eyes and wonder if the series had anything left to offer. Old themes kept getting revisited, and situations started to repeat. Glad he ended it when he did.

Also glad he ended the main Angel story line when he did, because that had gotten incredibly old. I felt Angel's original death was a good place to end that story line, and to Whedon's credit, he didn't have nearly as prominent role as before. I just got sick and tired of the whole Buffy-Angel drama.

When you look at the overall ark of the show that only made up a small portion even if it was referenced Ad Nauseam . It also helped that DB moved on to his own series.:)

There is still a huge following that would like to see more even today. If you look at DVD sales, all the campaigning and even the rerun ratings that says it all IMO. Not to mention the Whedon penned comic books (Buffy Season 8) are expected to be one of the year’s best sellers. I agree though that Buffy had a good run. Unlike the Angel series and especially Firefly where I felt the shows really had a lot of good stories left to tell. I would say the majority of fans would have liked to see them all continue though.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is still a huge following that would like to see more even today.
Don't confuse a still-devoted following with a premature finish to a show.

I didn't see but the first couple of Buffy seasons, so I'm not saying it ended prematurely or not, but just because people are still devoted doesn't mean it didn't run its course.

And, it's tough to say that because its been resurrected in a different medium (comic books) that the TV show still had legs. Different mediums are conducive to different stories and what works in one may not work in another.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't see but the first couple of Buffy seasons, so I'm not saying it ended prematurely or not, but just because people are still devoted doesn't mean it didn't run its course.

And, it's tough to say that because its been resurrected in a different medium (comic books) that the TV show still had legs. Different mediums are conducive to different stories and what works in one may not work in another.
I think Buffy ended very well, when it should have. Angel ended so abruptly, they just didn't have time to finish it well, and I feel that one could have gone on for another season, at least.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's why I said I thought Buffy had a good run. Having said that, having a good run doesn't mean fans wouldn't like to see more. I totally agree on your point about different mediums. If Buffy Season 8 comic is a smash, I wouldn't attribute it all to the TV show fans by any stretch. However, it would seem to indicate there is probably something to it.

Stout

Reaction score
When you look at the overall ark of the show that only made up a small portion even if it was referenced Ad Nauseam . It also helped that DB moved on to his own series.:)

There is still a huge following that would like to see more even today. If you look at DVD sales, all the campaigning and even the rerun ratings that says it all IMO. Not to mention the Whedon penned comic books (Buffy Season 8) are expected to be one of the year’s best sellers. I agree though that Buffy had a good run. Unlike the Angel series and especially Firefly where I felt the shows really had a lot of good stories left to tell. I would say the majority of fans would have liked to see them all continue though.

:thumbup:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realized I only have 6 episodes plus the movie remaining. :(

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to start this tonite. Just rented the 1st two discs.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realized I only have 6 episodes plus the movie remaining. :(

It's going to end horribly for you. Like finally admitting you've fallen in love only to discover she didn't love you back. Just eats a hole in the heart when there's nothing left to watch.

We've got the entire season on DVD and although we crave to watch it through again, we don't want to because there's that bitterness of only one season and realizing the movie has very little continuity. Argh.

If I owned Doc Brown's DeLorean, I would go back in time and kick every then-Fox executive in the nuts. Twice. And a third time for good measure.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to end horribly for you. Like finally admitting you've fallen in love only to discover she didn't love you back. Just eats a hole in the heart when there's nothing left to watch.

We've got the entire season on DVD and although we crave to watch it through again, we don't want to because there's that bitterness of only one season and realizing the movie has very little continuity. Argh.

If I owned Doc Brown's DeLorean, I would go back in time and kick every then-Fox executive in the nuts. Twice. And a third time for good measure.

Yeah, and Jericho is getting a second chance...WTF?!?!?!

Mike

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good description.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Great post. I couldn't agree more. Make sure after you go back you then take another trip to the future. I could use one of them Greys' sports Alamanacs. ;)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished episode #4

Its a good show so far. Its certainly not a GREAT show. But entertaining none the less.

#4 was the worst one of the 4 though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not GREAT??

:thud:

:)

Which was episode 4?

The one where half of it was spent on the ballroom dance floor. The Captain punches the guy out to protect the hookers honor and realizes he challenged a master sword fighter to a sword duel. :shock:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved the first episode...definite Joss Wheadon (or however it's spelled) feel.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished episode 6 titled "My Mrs. Reynolds"

It was a fantastic episode and downright funny as hell. If it stays like this it will turn into a great show. By far the best episode Ive watched so far.

" Im going to SPECIAL HELL "

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
I just finished episode 6 titled "My Mrs. Reynolds"

It was a fantastic episode and downright funny as hell. If it stays like this it will turn into a great show. By far the best episode Ive watched so far.

" Im going to SPECIAL HELL "

:biglaugh:

Yeah. And she's SMOKIN' hot.