Final Cuts - Across the NFL

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may be right, but you could be wrong. I’ve heard it said multiple times by people that have watched the team practice that AI was the MOST improved player from last year to this year. Last year’s preseason was a brutal one for Andy with Covid & injuries. All this being said, if trading him would net us a decent CB, I would do it in a heartbeat.
A decent cb for AI? Not going to happen.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I backed AI from the day he was drafted until the start of last year. Personally I think Bolden has faster game speed and field awareness. Yes he muffed a punt but also made a great adjustment and catch vs. Titans. Hope he makes it back on our reserve squad.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I backed AI from the day he was drafted until the start of last year. Personally I think Bolden has faster game speed and field awareness. Yes he muffed a punt but also made a great adjustment and catch vs. Titans. Hope he makes it back on our reserve squad.

Same, I'd take Bolden over AI all day. No way AI makes that catch and he also can't play ST's.

The only reason I can think they didn't is that either was gone when Hop was back and they are hoping to find a trade for Andy by then.

I always hated the pick though. He was a 4th rounder at best (and it turns out not even that good).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same, I'd take Bolden over AI all day. No way AI makes that catch and he also can't play ST's.

The only reason I can think they didn't is that either was gone when Hop was back and they are hoping to find a trade for Andy by then.

I always hated the pick though. He was a 4th rounder at best (and it turns out not even that good).
AI plays special teams. He was routinely a gunner.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiver claims are coming in!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said can't play, not doesn't play.

After 3 years he's finally playing ST's and he's about as good as he is at WR.
If he couldn't play, he wouldn't be on the field. Simple as that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he couldn't play, he wouldn't be on the field. Simple as that.

Agreed. That's why he played 5% of offensive snaps and 11% of ST snaps last year.

They tried him at gunner this preseason and he did nothing. I doubt they try it in season. I expect Guidry will now do it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I recall some high hope on Javonta Payton to be the tall possession WR (to replace Wesley) during the camp. Did he sign up elsewhere after clearing the waiver?

Not that I've seen. Maybe just seeing if there are better fits? Or maybe the Cards didn't like him that much. Don't recall him doing anything in preseason games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard