Final Cuts - Across the NFL

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Andy didn’t decide to draft Andy in the second round, so I don’t fault him for that. However, it is on Isabella that he has done nothing with multiple opportunities he has had to date. He deserves absolutely nothing from the team at this point.
Over DHop, Hollywood, AJ or Rondale? No he deserves nothing over those guys.

Over 8 YPC the last 4 weeks of the season Antoine Wesley? Yea Im not rewarding that guy a spot just cause he got hurt. You roll with the guys who have been practicing, playing preseason games and showing signs of giving more than that.

Wesley is there if Andy is still the same old Andy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Over DHop, Hollywood, AJ or Rondale? No he deserves nothing over those guys.

Over 8 YPC the last 4 weeks of the season Antoine Wesley? Yea Im not rewarding that guy a spot just cause he got hurt. You roll with the guys who have been practicing, playing preseason games and showing signs of giving more than that.

Wesley is there if Andy is still the same old Andy.
Well I mean I’m playing Dortch before both of them.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t buy that he wasn’t fully recovered from his ankle injury… His first game back was on a sloppy icy field in Chicago and he was running like a man possessed during that game with no issues. He didn’t have a huge ton of yards but the 60 he had were impressive and he made some incredible cuts and scored two touchdowns….
Yea Kyler was healthy and was actually running better after the injury. Injury didnt impact him at all.

I gave it a pass for losing Hopkins + AJ sorta running out of gas. However, he's had an entire offseason to prepare for life w/o Hopkins and has been paid so no excuses.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brett Kern got released by Titans. Is he better than Andy Lee at this moment?
Shall we also kick the tires on Vernon Butler?
He is slightly better but the actual Lee looks like a bad version of himself, his short punts can be a problem
He kicks from the own 30 and barely cross the midfield
Honestly i don't like Keim strategy this year regarding the kicker and punter, can cost us
some games

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
According to the official Cardinals site, it seems that Brewer is part of a move/moves that will take place, tomorrow. Someone goes on IR and Brewer returns. At least that is what I think I read.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Andy didn’t decide to draft Andy in the second round, so I don’t fault him for that. However, it is on Isabella that he has done nothing with multiple opportunities he has had to date. He deserves absolutely nothing from the team at this point.

His ball tracking and hands are far too poor to play outside and his get off and agility are too poor to be good inside.

There's like a tiny of slither of things he can do at an NFL level. If you can get him up against a bad DB, run a slant or cross and give him 3 seconds to get open then he can play. Good luck building an offense around that.

Just a terrible pick by Keim and a super limited player. Frankly tired of Andy acting like he deserves more playing time when he very clearly does not. Will be glad when he's gone come week 7.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't stress about the 5 RB's or any other position group. The initial 53 is never the final 53.

For now, they keep the best 53 and will balance it out more over the coming days as they pick guys up or make moves.

I expect Alford to come in for example and lose one of the RB's.

Last edited:

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
For all those under the illusion that Andy is better than Wesley, stop the madness... and that does not mean Wesley is great either :)
Its a wait and see, AI looked different this year. His form catching the ball with his hands away from his body was very much improved. He looks physically bigger, was disappointed he got caught from behind. Like Murray they always talk about the speed but they always get caught? I would like to see them use him during the 6 week window for at least trade bait if he works out

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its a wait and see, AI looked different this year. His form catching the ball with his hands away from his body was very much improved. He looks physically bigger, was disappointed he got caught from behind. Like Murray they always talk about the speed but they always get caught? I would like to see them use him during the 6 week window for at least trade bait if he works out
Andy will have 6 weeks to show he’s worth keeping. Also possible that we use him as trade bait to get another CB. The same applies with our 5 RB’s. Perhaps we package AI with one of those RB’s to snatch up a starting CB. Either way we need at least 1 more starting caliber CB on this roster.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt Andy barely plays a snap. He played 5% last year before Hollywood brown.

I doubt Andy is going to prove anything in the first 6 weeks.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt Andy barely plays a snap. He played 5% last year before Hollywood brown.

I doubt Andy is going to prove anything in the first 6 weeks.
You may be right, but you could be wrong. I’ve heard it said multiple times by people that have watched the team practice that AI was the MOST improved player from last year to this year. Last year’s preseason was a brutal one for Andy with Covid & injuries. All this being said, if trading him would net us a decent CB, I would do it in a heartbeat.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You may be right, but you could be wrong. I’ve heard it said multiple times by people that have watched the team practice that AI was the MOST improved player from last year to this year. Last year’s preseason was a brutal one for Andy with Covid & injuries. All this being said, if trading him would net us a decent CB, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Most improved is subjective though.

He was terrible last year, which is why he played 5% and had 1 catch. Not hard to improve significantly on that and I saw nothing in preseason that suggested he's corrected any of his major issues.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most improved is subjective though.

He was terrible last year, which is why he played 5% and had 1 catch. Not hard to improve significantly on that and I saw nothing in preseason that suggested he's corrected any of his major issues.
Again, that was last year. If you didn't see improvement this preseason from his first 3 seasons, then you weren't looking or you just don't want to see it. And that's OK. When you see how long it has taken for physically gifted athletes like Simmons & Collins to develop, then it's not shocking that a small kid out of UMASS would take time to be at his best. It's possible that we would have seen more of this out of him last season had he not had Covid & injuries. Bottom line, what happened last year means nothing now. Where is he NOW? That's all that matters.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, that was last year. If you didn't see improvement this preseason from his first 3 seasons, then you weren't looking or you just don't want to see it. And that's OK. When you see how long it has taken for physically gifted athletes like Simmons & Collins to develop, then it's not shocking that a small kid out of UMASS would take time to be at his best. It's possible that we would have seen more of this out of him last season had he not had Covid & injuries. Bottom line, what happened last year means nothing now. Where is he NOW? That's all that matters.

He hasn't improved where he needs to improve. He had a statistically good preseason because he played practically every snap.

But look at his receptions and show me a contested catch, or good ball tracking. I'll take a catch at full extension or a toe drag. Nearly all his catches are in space against scrubs, catching with his body of balls at chest height. And most of them were on long developing plays where he required an age to get open.

He's in his 4th year playing against guys that were playing small school football in college last year or who have done nothing in a couple of years. I'd be concerned if he didn't have stats.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard