Film study

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they put the clause in to...humiliate him for no reason? And he and his agent accepted it without complaint why?

According to Rapport, Michael would have put that clause in any players contract of that dollar figure. It wasn't really about Kyler but about Michael protecting his money.

Right after that report came out they rescinded the clause. Like 3 hours later.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
According to Rapport, Michael would have put that clause in any players contract of that dollar figure. It wasn't really about Kyler but about Michael protecting his money.

What's really ridiculous is the four hour requirement. It's so pitiful.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

He's an attorney and he knows there is very little he can do to go about "protecting his money". It just shows how arrogant, petty and vindictive MB truly is IMO. The Bidwills might not be on the "Mt. Rushmore" of the worst sports owners in history but they make honorable (maybe dishonorable) mention.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Not true even a little bit.

It proves that ownership may have that perception. What a great way to make your QB look like an idiot.
Your making the assumption that Murray's game preparation is flawless and his history had nothing to do with the clause. I find it hard to believe that the clause is totally on management and zero, nada is on Murray. I can't wrap my head around the notion that management put that clause in with absolutely no reason at all other than to piss off their QB. Common sense said otherwise.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's an attorney and he knows there is very little he can do to go about "protecting his money". It just shows how arrogant, petty and vindictive MB truly is IMO. The Bidwills might not be on the "Mt. Rushmore" of the worst sports owners in history but they make honorable (maybe dishonorable) mention.

We live in a right to work state but I have a No Compete clause that I had to sign. It likely would never hold up but I still had to do it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Occam's razor.

A franchise with a century of mostly incompetence.

Why accept it? He has 230 million reasons to accept a pitiful requirement.
Are you just ignoring the genesis of all this? Kylers own comments. We would never have had any of these conversations if not for kylers own comments. The clause likely never exists but for kylers own comments. In court those would likely be considered an admission.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We live in a right to work state but I have a No Compete clause that I had to sign. It likely would never hold up but I still had to do it.
There’s a chasm of difference between your bargaining power and kyler’s. How would a holdout on your part go over with your employer?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Are you just ignoring the genesis of all this? Kylers own comments.
Nope, not ignoring. I'm just stating that I think it was a gross overreaction by an incompetent owner.
We would never have had any of these conversations if not for kylers own comments. The clause likely never exists but for kylers own comments. In court those would likely be considered an admission.
According to information that came out after the extreme overreaction on this board, the clause had nothing to do with Kyler's comments. Bidwill would put this clause in any contract of that size.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, not ignoring. I'm just stating that I think it was a gross overreaction by an incompetent owner.

According to information that came out after the extreme overreaction on this board, the clause had nothing to do with Kyler's comments. Bidwill would put this clause in any contract of that size.
Come on, Krang… you are not this naive.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Huh? Of what size? Does Bidwill have some predetermined contract value where, anytime that value is hit he puts in an Independent Study clause?
Or, maybe he reacted to the chorus of concerns sent his way, about Kyler's poor preparation habits... It will be debated for years to come as to whether or not he should've put that clause into the contract, regardless of Kyler's poor study habits... But make no mistake, the value of contract sits WAY behind the real reason that clause was there.

As an aside...the fact that Bidwill felt the need to put that clause into the contract certainly speaks volumes about Kyler. But, IMHO, it also speaks equally loud about Kliff and his inability to actually lead. I mean, can you imagine Parcells, Belichick, Arians, Cowher, etc.. putting up with Kyler? Hell no...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Huh? Of what size? Does Bidwill have some predetermined contract value where, anytime that value is hit he puts in an Independent Study clause?
Or, maybe he reacted to the chorus of concerns sent his way, about Kyler's poor preparation habits... It will be debated for years to come as to whether or not he should've put that clause into the contract, regardless of Kyler's poor study habits... But make no mistake, the value of contract sits WAY behind the real reason that clause was there.

As an aside...the fact that Bidwill felt the need to put that clause into the contract certainly speaks volumes about Kyler. But, IMHO, it also speaks equally loud about Kliff and his inability to actually lead. I mean, can you imagine Parcells, Belichick, Arians, Cowher, etc.. putting up with Kyler? Hell no...
Parcels, Belichick, and Arians would not have drafted Kyler. Cowher would have given him the Cordell Stewart treatment.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can you imagine them being bad enough to be in a position to draft someone like those listed? Hell no.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to a reporter?? Guaranteed those words didn’t come from MB. SMH

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you haven't listened to it, I recommend you check out last week's Big Red Rage podcast. You can hear Rob Fredrickson do an about-face on this issue IN REAL TIME.

Start of show: The clause is good and it shows accountability.
2 minutes in: BULLETIN: The clause has been removed.
Next 58 minutes: Actually the clause didn't matter and now we've moved on.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Come on, Krang… you are not this naive.
You can speculate all you want.

Either way, the FOUR HOURS part was exceedingly dumb. It was reported that Kyler and his camp were like...."uh ok, 4 hours...I do way more than that anyway...".

If it was such a problem, 4 hours doesn't address the problem.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Or, maybe he reacted to the chorus of concerns sent his way, about Kyler's poor preparation habits...
What chorus? Rumors and a comment he made about not killing himself with film study.
It will be debated for years to come as to whether or not he should've put that clause into the contract, regardless of Kyler's poor study habits... But make no mistake, the value of contract sits WAY behind the real reason that clause was there.

I could see McVay putting up with Kyler.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose