Filling the PG hole this Offseason

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Absolutely look into it. But no way we can get him without gutting the team imo.
I think you nailed it. For all intents and purposes, I haven't heard a lot of bad things about Sarver the person. He's just not smart enough to run a basketball franchise.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
So perhaps Russell Westbrook may be hitting the trade market. He has the same kind of supermax deal as Wall.

Anyone interested? I'm not sure I am considering his attitude.
Is this just speculation based on how OKC is doing or is there something I missed? Either way, while I'm a huge Westbrook fan but I'm not sure how he'd fit on the team. I suspect him and Ayton would not get along, but that is purely conjecture on my part.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this just speculation based on how OKC is doing or is there something I missed? Either way, while I'm a huge Westbrook fan but I'm not sure how he'd fit on the team. I suspect him and Ayton would not get along, but that is purely conjecture on my part.

Just a thunder fan saying he thinks they will look to trade him this offseason.

I could believe it seeing as how they seem to be going nowhere, and he has the Super max kicking in.

I think the price might be cheaper than you think, he is getting up there in age has the giant contract, flops every year in the playoffs, and does not seem to coexist very well.

We probably should stay away.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
(Reminiscent of the weeks before the Barkley trade with Colangelo). Can he make them an offer they can't refuse and still keep the core of this team? I think so.

Go get him James.

The Suns won 56 games the year before they traded for Barkley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Do they consider going the other direction and try to parallel the Larry Nance trade by exchanging Booker for, say, DeAaron Fox, Marvin Bagley and Buddy Hield?...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Do they consider going the other direction and try to parallel the Larry Nance trade by exchanging Booker for, say, DeAaron Fox, Marvin Bagley and Buddy Hield?...

I would make that trade.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

53 but still really good. I think 90’ was the year KJ was hobbled vs Portland but played thru it and nearly made the finals right? They wouldn’t played the Bad Boys.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Do they consider going the other direction and try to parallel the Larry Nance trade by exchanging Bender for, say, DeAaron Fox, Marvin Bagley and Buddy Hield?...
I would go for that! :thumbup:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course you would. Booker isn’t worth that much.

That depends. I think Booker is and will be the best player in that trade so no, I wouldn't do it. But those 3 players definitely help a team like ours more than 1 player would, even if that player is better, so if your goal is simply to improve right away, it's a no-brainer. Once you have a full roster ready to compete though, you're better off with the best player.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't see OKC trading Westbrook. He is the face of that franchise and while they may be better off with Paul George as their superstar and surrounding him with pieces they won't compete for a title that way. Their best bet is Westbrook gets hot at the right time and leads them somewhere, otherwise they risk alienating their fanbase by trading Russ while he still has a lot left in the tank. They may not compete for a title but the blame for that doesn't seem to fall to Russ as much as it does KD, amongst Thunder fans, so they're in a unique position of being able to put out a 50 and fade team every year with their fanbase being ok with it. They won't start calling for Russ to be dealt for another year or two. When they see KD winning outside of Golden State is when they may start voicing their displeasure with Westbrook.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I'd be doing backflips if they pulled that trade off , unfortunately the king's arent that stupid

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Holiday wanting to be a SG, gives me pause as well.

Rozier has been brought up by the Suns as well, I also can see the Lakers blowing it up and Ball being made available as well

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Holiday wanting to be a SG, gives me pause as well.

Rozier has been brought up by the Suns as well, I also can see the Lakers blowing it up and Ball being made available as well

I think if the Lakers blow it up, they're more likely to keep Ball and trade Lebron. But even if we could acquire him, dude needs to be able to hit his 3's and free throws. Even with the rest of his all around game, we need shooters, especially from our pg position. I might rather have Garland who is a knock down shooter.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Of course you would. Booker isn’t worth that much.

Sure but there is some form of the Nance trade that would be fair.

The Suns are more at the spot they were before the Nance trade than they were before the Barkley trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That depends. I think Booker is and will be the best player in that trade so no, I wouldn't do it. But those 3 players definitely help a team like ours more than 1 player would, even if that player is better, so if your goal is simply to improve right away, it's a no-brainer. Once you have a full roster ready to compete though, you're better off with the best player.

It seems like when a team trades a star they end up on the short end of the deal although Bagley might become a star.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you are smoking sherm if you think the Kings would do anything but fart in our general direction if that was proposed to them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Probably going to argue Westbrook is more of a combo guard.
Doesn't matter. He's the starting point guard on his team. I ask again, name 5 point guards -- heck, name 5 "combo" guards -- better than Russell Westbrook. I can think of two, Harden and Curry, and it's debatable that Curry is better than Westbrook.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. He's the starting point guard on his team. I ask again, name 5 point guards -- heck, name 5 "combo" guards -- better than Russell Westbrook. I can think of two, Harden and Curry, and it's debatable that Curry is better than Westbrook.
Oh, I agree with you. I am probably one of the few that could envision Westbrook and Booker playing together. With Westbrook, there's NO doubling Booker. Heck, you have to stop Westbrook first. I just see no way we get him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh, I agree with you. I am probably one of the few that could envision Westbrook and Booker playing together. With Westbrook, there's NO doubling Booker. Heck, you have to stop Westbrook first. I just see no way we get him.
I definitely don't either. I just took issue with Mao saying that he's not a top 5 point guard.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson