Filling the PG hole this Offseason

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I just don’t agree, not when we’re talking about a player that has the skills to AVERAGE a triple double. I don’t care how it is divvied out, that’s one of the more impressive feats in the modern game.
Exactly!

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Westbrook just put up a 20-20-20 game, only the second ever, because he felt like it. A tip of the hat to Nipsey and the rollin 60's. He might not be shooting particularly well this year, but any player that can dominate on a whim like that is an all time great still in their prime.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Westbrook just put up a 20-20-20 game, only the second ever, because he felt like it. A tip of the hat to Nipsey and the rollin 60's. He might not be shooting particularly well this year, but any player that can dominate on a whim like that is an all time great still in their prime.
That's like Wilt. Everyone kept saying all he could do was score. So he told everyone he would lead the NBA in assists one year. Wilt actually did it. He called his shot and followed up on it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd trade Ayton, our pick, and virtually everyone other than Booker for Lillard. He's a top 3 PG in the league and making a case for being a top 5 player. Everyone thought the Blazers would fall apart when Aldridge left and again this year when Nurkic went down but Lillard just steps his game up more to cover the holes created.

I hope the Suns didn't have a chance to trade for him in the last year or two because hearing that we could have had him and didn't pull the trigger would be a new level of depressing.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd trade Ayton, our pick, and virtually everyone other than Booker for Lillard. He's a top 3 PG in the league and making a case for being a top 5 player. Everyone thought the Blazers would fall apart when Aldridge left and again this year when Nurkic went down but Lillard just steps his game up more to cover the holes created.

I hope the Suns didn't have a chance to trade for him in the last year or two because hearing that we could have had him and didn't pull the trigger would be a new level of depressing.
Book would do similar stuff in the playoffs. He would thrive in that environment.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book would do similar stuff in the playoffs. He would thrive in that environment.

He has stepped up this postseason but he's elevated his game a lot over the last few years. He's making a case for being the top PG in the league, provided you don't categorize Harden as a PG. I know Steph is still there and playing great also but with his subpar defense and Lillard's superior playmaking I think those 2 are closer to even now than the last 3-4 years of the Warriors run. There hasn't been another PG in that time that you could say was better than Curry or on the same level until now, IMO. I wouldn't say Lillard is better than Curry right now but he's on the same level right now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...eted-damian-lillard-kemba-walker-terry-rozier

Don't know how serious the offer was. Could have just been:

Suns, "Is Lilard available?"
Portland, "No!" Portland hangs up.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
About as absurd as thinking it was a mistake to trade Chriss, right?

Why don't you offer a rebuttal instead of one or two word replies that provide no real insight as to why you agree or disagree with something.

Your suggestion, along with obtaining a role playing Center, just might make the team much better. And allow Booker to function as an All Star Shooting Guard.

And thank you for calling out Slin's one- or two-word retorts with no detailed opinion. All negatives with no positives. I have found that disappointing, as well.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Your suggestion, along with obtaining a role playing Center, just might make the team much better. And allow Booker to function as an All Star Shooting Guard.

And thank you for calling out Slin's one- or two-word retorts with no detailed opinion. All negatives with no positives. I have found that disappointing, as well.
Concur...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Just have to stay away from many Suns fans love affair Ricky Rubio.

I think he would add next to nothing.

Cant have such a bad shooter next to dominant playmaking guard.

In theory he is a nice passer but he never showed he could run an offense. Jazz fans are consistently complaining that nobody on their team can create offense except Mitchell. If Rubio was a good PG they wouldn‘t allow Mitchell to take so many shots being that inefficient

So what does Rubio actually bring? Defense. Not sure if he would actually be much of an or any improvement over Tyler Johnson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just have to stay away from many Suns fans love affair Ricky Rubio.

I think he would add next to nothing.

Cant have such a bad shooter next to dominant playmaking guard.

In theory he is a nice passer but he never showed he could run an offense. Jazz fans are consistently complaining that nobody on their team can create offense except Mitchell. If Rubio was a good PG they wouldn‘t allow Mitchell to take so many shots being that inefficient

So what does Rubio actually bring? Defense. Not sure if he would actually be much of an or any improvement over Tyler Johnson.

Mitchell may be the next James Harden in the making. Perhaps the same thing happens with Booker.

I'm not a huge Rubio fan but I think the reason he gets a lot of attention is that he is more obtainable. Two seasons without a point guard makes almost any one an improvement.

Do you have a point guard you prefer?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Mitchell is more like the next Monta Ellis he is terribly inefficient, doesnt get to the line and isn‘t much of a passer. He is definitely not the next Harden and much worse than Booker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitchell is more like the next Monta Ellis he is terribly inefficient, doesnt get to the line and isn‘t much of a passer. He is definitely not the next Harden and much worse than Booker.

Harden wasn't sitting the world on fire his first few seasons. Something about watching Mitchell play reminds me of Harden.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don’t agree, not when we’re talking about a player that has the skills to AVERAGE a triple double. I don’t care how it is divvied out, that’s one of the more impressive feats in the modern game.

I really don't want to put much effort in to taking Westbrook down but I think I was being way too generous allowing that he might still be top 10. And, to me, there is just no doubt that he pads his stats. Do you really think OKC's assist and rebound numbers go up consistent with the big numbers he puts up? And even if you think those numbers are fully legit, his shooting efficiency cancels out so much of what he gives you. Not to mention he just isn't a great defender any more. His D stats still look decent but all too often he plays defense like Booker did 2 years ago.

I read an article earlier today quoting Lowe saying that he agreed with a highly respected GM that Russell has the second worst contract in the NBA. And he showed stats that make Russell appear to be the worst jump shooter in the game, in fact he was 104th out of 104 players that take at least 3 jump shots per contest. The only thing that has kept his efficiency from being historically bad is that he is still a very good finisher when he's willing and able to drive to the hoop.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think the Nets won't match a big offer for Russell of sign and trade him.

If a team offers Russell the max on day 1 the Nets would have some serious problems matching that without ending their offseason.

And giving Russell that kind of a deal is risky anyway since you are banking on continued improvement.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I think the Nets won't match a big offer for Russell of sign and trade him.

If a team offers Russell the max on day 1 the Nets would have some serious problems matching that without ending their offseason.

And giving Russell that kind of a deal is risky anyway since you are banking on continued improvement.
You definitely don't give Russell the max right now but seeing as the nets were actually a decent team this year I dont see them getting rid of their best player for anything other than a superstar , they'll make room to match any offer