Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This week's episode was OK. Pretty slow and honestly those people at the gate looked like they could push that gate over. No way they would allowed them to close when Travis went through either.

Hope they go out on a high note.
it was a bit silly that Travis could get through but no one else but I let it slide.

Did you notice who was at the gate at the end? I wonder if their little buddy is the one in the wheelchair? and if the wheelchair is an excuse to get in? as if someone was in a wheelchair they have proven they would just kill them instead of trying to find them help.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was a bit silly that Travis could get through but no one else but I let it slide.

Did you notice who was at the gate at the end? I wonder if their little buddy is the one in the wheelchair? and if the wheelchair is an excuse to get in? as if someone was in a wheelchair they have proven they would just kill them instead of trying to find them help.

I noticed the guys from earlier but I missed the wheelchair. My daughter burst into the room at the end.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed the guys from earlier but I missed the wheelchair. My daughter burst into the room at the end.
it started with a view from behind of people walking up with a wheelchair, I thought it was going to be people from the pharmacy general store thing until it swung around and showed who the other people were.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it started with a view from behind of people walking up with a wheelchair, I thought it was going to be people from the pharmacy general store thing until it swung around and showed who the other people were.

Damn..put that in spoiler quotes. Who was it?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn..put that in spoiler quotes. Who was it?

it didnt show who was in the wheelchair, I am assuming Chris. It was Chris's buddies that he bailed on travis with that it showed standing at the gate after showing them from behind

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it didnt show who was in the wheelchair, I am assuming Chris. It was Chris's buddies that he bailed on travis with that it showed standing at the gate after showing them from behind

Ahh....OK. I thought I missed who was in the wheelchair. His new buddies I did see. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. Obviously, they are sort of telegraphing a showdown of some sort over control of the Hotel.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh....OK. I thought I missed who was in the wheelchair. His new buddies I did see. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. Obviously, they are sort of telegraphing a showdown of some sort over control of the Hotel.
That's what I'm thinking, an attempt at hostile takeover.

and I hope Travis puts a bullet between Chris's eyes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, an attempt at hostile takeover.

and I hope Travis puts a bullet between Chris's eyes

Actually I hope it's Alicia that puts him down but I agree. Sort of tired of the I gone rogue and have not remorse story line.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I hope it's Alicia that puts him down but I agree. Sort of tired of the I gone rogue and have not remorse story line.
That would be good too, either one is fine. Likely a huge development moment for Travis if he does it though.

I don't mind the story line, figured he would disappear and become a villain later on but it appears they aren't going to wait around for that. This last episode was pretty gut wrenching as a father, I want that damn kid dead! lol

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be good too, either one is fine. Likely a huge development moment for Travis if he does it though.

I don't mind the story line, figured he would disappear and become a villain later on but it appears they aren't going to wait around for that. This last episode was pretty gut wrenching as a father, I want that damn kid dead! lol

Travis was the saving grace for that episode for me too. I just said Alicia because of what he did to her before taking off. I wonder what the over/under is for a dramatic scene where he has a revelation of what he has become before doing a Greg Louganis off the roof of the hotel?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis was the saving grace for that episode for me too. I just said Alicia because of what he did to her before taking off. I wonder what the over/under is for a dramatic scene where he has a revelation of what he has become before doing a Greg Louganis off the roof of the hotel?

Or maybe ending the finale with a gun pointed at his head forcing us to pretend to ponder for 8 months on what happens next.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Action packed episodes! What a way to end the season.

I thought the two episodes were pretty good.

Strand leaving is fine by me, he became useless after they left his boat.

The guy who stopped ofelia must be with the group that was now firing on and killing some of nicks group, yet they then stopped shooting people and started capturing them. :shrug:

So I guess the gang will get back together on the border next season as you know Madison and company are heading north to find Nick.

I thought Chris's death was a bit anti climactic from the options they had but it was nice to see Travis pummel those kids to death.

overall, it was a good hour and a half. Look forward to next season but far more to october 23rd and the return of the main show!

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I thought the two episodes were pretty good.

Strand leaving is fine by me, he became useless after they left his boat.

The guy who stopped ofelia must be with the group that was now firing on and killing some of nicks group, yet they then stopped shooting people and started capturing them. :shrug:

So I guess the gang will get back together on the border next season as you know Madison and company are heading north to find Nick.

I thought Chris's death was a bit anti climactic from the options they had but it was nice to see Travis pummel those kids to death.

overall, it was a good hour and a half. Look forward to next season but far more to october 23rd and the return of the main show!

Agreed.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fans jumping in droves and I don't blame them. I thought the last two episodes were pretty good. However, when I put it into context of this season about 1/2 was watchable and the rest pretty bad. If I put it into context of the series so far it looks even bleaker.

The show is off 52% from Season ones average. The finale lost more than half of the Season 2 premiere audience. It's right around a quarter of the audience that watched the series debut. No matter how you slice it that is bad.

The show needs an enema. If they are going to save the show they need to purge the show runners and/or writers.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/cable-recap-oct-5/

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fans jumping in droves and I don't blame them. I thought the last two episodes were pretty good. However, when I put it into context of this season about 1/2 was watchable and the rest pretty bad. If I put it into context of the series so far it looks even bleaker.

The show is off 52% from Season ones average. The finale lost more than half of the Season 2 premiere audience. It's right around a quarter of the audience that watched the series debut. No matter how you slice it that is bad.

The show needs an enema. If they are going to save the show they need to purge the show runners and/or writers.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/cable-recap-oct-5/
I also read that it is still the 3rd highest rated show on cable behind TWD and talking dead.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also read that it is still the 3rd highest rated show on cable behind TWD and talking dead.

That very well could be true but it has consistently shed viewers as it has gone on. No matter what you have to try and stop the bleeding. It would be one thing if it had a stable viewership but it's ratings chart more resembles a tumbling stock.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I heard today this returns in the summer this year instead of premiering a week after walking dead like last year?

I assume that means it won't have a mid season break? I'm not sure it could with starting months later than last season.

Also the showrunner is leaving the show after season 3 but will still be an executive producer moving forward, sounds like amc hired him or something?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season three of Fear the Walking Dead will be the last for current show runner Dave Erikson in his current role. Erikson, who worked closely with Robert Kirkman to develop the spin-off, will stay on Fear an Executive Producer as per his deal with AMC. His new focus will be developing new shows for AMC and its subsidiaries.

http://www.geekexchange.com/news/fear-the-walking-dead-has-big-changes-going-into-season-3/

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Fear returns in June it says. There are only 18 Sundays from June before October starts, 21/22 depending if TWD comes back end of October. So maybe it'll be a one month break instead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have about 10-12 of these sitting on the DVR. So hard to get enthused enough to watch it over other shows.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have about 10-12 of these sitting on the DVR. So hard to get enthused enough to watch it over other shows.

FWIW, season 2 was FAR better than season one and it got better in the second half of the season.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, season 2 was FAR better than season one and it got better in the second half of the season.

One of these days I'm sure we'll get to it. Annoys me that it feels like a chore, though. :bigyawn:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of these days I'm sure we'll get to it. Annoys me that it feels like a chore, though. :bigyawn:
how many episodes in did you get? Did you get to the one with the weird cult family that they got off the boat and met? that one was cool and early in the season

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn