Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I have to be in the minority but I like the show. I'm learning to appreciate it a lot more this season.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to watch, but five minutes in, I officially deleted it from my DVR.

These have been stacking up on my DVR and I decided to catch up yesterday. You are right this show is just ridiculous. I've given it enough time and the show continues to spiral downwards. I'm out.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Finally, a good episode. The balcony scene was kinda dumb, but other than that it was a solid episode.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the first half was boring but the rest was good. Madison is terrible, even that final scene lacked something when she came on screen

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This last episode was really good I thought, one of their best

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked this episode. The last one wasn't bad either. Maybe this is where they turn around what has been simply an awful show.

My only complaint is how stupid it was they didn't take the boat out before Madison went down the pier. That was completely moronic. I guess it wouldn't be FTWD without some stupidity.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked this episode. The last one wasn't bad either. Maybe this is where they turn around what has been simply an awful show.

My only complaint is how stupid it was they didn't take the boat out before Madison went down the pier. That was completely moronic. I guess it wouldn't be FTWD without some stupidity.

I thought it made sense with the timing as they all had to be in the same spot at the same time and then they ran to the boat but couldnt start it right away. Them all being exactly on time was more hokey IMO

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it made sense with the timing as they all had to be in the same spot at the same time and then they ran to the boat but couldnt start it right away. Them all being exactly on time was more hokey IMO

I didn't think it made any sense. When she started across that pier there was no turning back. From the boat perspective, the motor could have stalled. The tide could have made the timing extremely difficult. There are a host of things that could have gone wrong.

It was incredibly piss poor stupidity. They should have been out on that spot with the boat long before she got to almost the end of the pier. That way if something went wrong she had an out. Instead they manufactured drama with stupidity by her leaping at the last second.

If that kind of foresight and planning is cool with you during an apocalypse.....remind me to be part of a different group. ;)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think it made any sense. When she started across that pier there was no turning back. From the boat perspective, the motor could have stalled. The tide could have made the timing extremely difficult. There are a host of things that could have gone wrong.

It was incredibly piss poor stupidity. They should have been out on that spot with the boat long before she got to almost the end of the pier.

If that kind of foresight and planning is cool with you during an apocalypse.....remind me to be part of a different group. ;)
I suppose one of the many people could have simply already been out there waiting, there were two extra people by the boat that were not part of one of the three main groups.

Where did the boat come from? whatever, it was a good one :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose one of the many people could have simply already been out there waiting, there were two extra people by the boat that were not part of one of the three main groups.

Where did the boat come from? whatever, it was a good one :)

Yeah, like I said it was my only complaint. The episode was good. It wouldn't be FTWD dead though without at least one incredibly dumb moment.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Much better episode. Still a bunch of characters I don't care if they live or die but the story itself this episode was well played out.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So, hey, if y'all are constantly annoyed by the mistakes and idiotic actions of the characters on the Walking Dead shows, like I am, maybe my book will be up your alley. The drunk piano playing particularly made me facepalm.

I promise that any stupid decisions my characters make are for reasons that seem logical to them.
You must be registered for see images

tinyurl.com/WildEBook

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, hey, if y'all are constantly annoyed by the mistakes and idiotic actions of the characters on the Walking Dead shows, like I am, maybe my book will be up your alley. The drunk piano playing particularly made me facepalm.

I promise that any stupid decisions my characters make are for reasons that seem logical to them.
You must be registered for see images

tinyurl.com/WildEBook

That's a nice shameless plug Dan. ;)

I like Zombie stuff though so I will have to check it out.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they would write more logically I wouldn't facepalm and have to write something better . . . I really, really didn't want to write a zombie book . . . I wanted to do an alternate history horror novel with Doc Holiday as the main character, but no, my Muse wouldn't shut up. Zombies zombies zombies . . . :D

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they would write more logically I wouldn't facepalm and have to write something better . . . I really, really didn't want to write a zombie book . . . I wanted to do an alternate history horror novel with Doc Holiday as the main character, but no, my Muse wouldn't shut up. Zombies zombies zombies . . . :D

Ha! Would love to see something with Doc. You know my brother in law and I wrote a screenplay once (comedy). Once upon a time I wanted to be a writer/director. It was good enough that a friend of ours was able to get it to a producer. It went on and on and on and on until finally we gave up. I give so much credit to writers of books, plays, tv shows or movies. There is so much crap involved with getting anywhere with anything. It's cool that writers can now get there stuff out there like you did above.

Count me in for some alternate history Doc Holiday stuff. :thumbup:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaaand Madison's stupidity comes back full vengeance.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaaand Madison's stupidity comes back full vengeance.

This. Holy @#$#@. Come on. It's only been hammered home how dangerous the area they are in and how many armed groups would come with guns if they thought they had anything.

So what does she do? Advertising for everybody within an upteen mile radius in the dark to see that you are alive and come here. Really?!?!

It looks like they get people crashing the gate in the next episode but this was so dumb. Not to mention there is only 5 people to protect the entire grounds? One is stabbed? To add icing on the cake it appeared to be a convenient way for Travis to "see" the Hotel and head that way to reunite with the group.

Ugh. :pullhair:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit slow of an episode but it looks like we are learning how the gang reunites. Travis was alone, I wonder if he is ditching Chris and letting him become a villain. Maybe come back and claim he is dead and he will pop back up later.

I enjoyed it, hopefully the next few episodes get a load of action, I imagine Nick going at night isn't going to go well however he may not leave any longer

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter fell asleep early so we will likely rewatch the second half this week. A co worker things the pharmacist is getting sick because he keeps wiping his brow and stuff, said his skin looked a different color. I wanna look for this.

Also, I didnt realize until the end that daniels daughter was the one in the episode, I kept thinking it was nicks girlfriend for some reason. I wonder why they are still giving her storyline, something must happen where she reconnects.

Only two episodes left, I imagine next week is going to heat up and the final episode will be on fire. This show has gotten much better over time so really looking forward to it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter fell asleep early so we will likely rewatch the second half this week. A co worker things the pharmacist is getting sick because he keeps wiping his brow and stuff, said his skin looked a different color. I wanna look for this.

Also, I didnt realize until the end that daniels daughter was the one in the episode, I kept thinking it was nicks girlfriend for some reason. I wonder why they are still giving her storyline, something must happen where she reconnects.

Only two episodes left, I imagine next week is going to heat up and the final episode will be on fire. This show has gotten much better over time so really looking forward to it.

Much better? Let's not get carried away. They have had a couple good episodes bust mostly meh with a usual helping of stupid. Wait compared to what? Last season? OK, this season is better. ;)

I expect this show to go out with a thud but we shall see.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much better? Let's not get carried away. They have had a couple good episodes bust mostly meh with a usual helping of stupid. Wait compared to what? Last season? OK, this season is better. ;)

I expect this show to go out with a thud but we shall see.
yes, much better than season one. I'm enjoying it, I hope they really crank it up the next two episodes

Strand and Madison should die though, they still have not learned about their carelessness. opening doors casually like that and lighting up signs are just stupid ass things to do. I get how the sign came into play and forms the future but still, the opening of the door casually was still very stupid

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason, Xbox video doesn't have the new episode yet, watched this on Kodi in SD like a caveman.

I was expecting action tonight, this episode was a good development episode however i felt it would have been better placed earlier in the season. I'm doubtful they can tie in Chris's group and there Nick thing over two episodes without leaving it on a giant cliffhanger. I guess that'll help them get season 3 as imo this show is finally telling stories and getting things right. Travis took a long time to become real but I'm starting to buy his character

I bought into Nick a ways back and Alicia sets a good tone too. I still don't find much value in Madison and after losing strands boat, he is mostly useless too so far

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently this sunday is two episodes in a row for the end of the season.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This week's episode was OK. Pretty slow and honestly those people at the gate looked like they could push that gate over. No way they would allowed them to close when Travis went through either.

Hope they go out on a high note.