Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a really solid cast they put together for the spinoff. Watching the beginning of the end should be interesting and good way to go to differentiate it from the original.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fear The Walking Dead: Second Season to Have 15 Episodes

http://film-book.com/fear-the-walki...campaign=Feed:+film-book/dAVg+(Film-Book.com)

The freshman season of Fear The Walking Dead hasn’t premiered yet, but the creators have already given a tease at what’s coming up. Speaking with the media at the Television Association Summer Press Tour (via TVLine), AMC President Charlie Collier gave some good news that the already ordered second season will have 15 episodes, more than the episode count for the first season.

So it looks like the show’s first season will move in a steady pace, meaning that we will only see the early signs of the inevitable zombie outbreak. “We purposely built the show a bit more slowly than the original,” showrunner Dave Erickson told reporters. “We call them ‘infected’ and not ‘walkers.’ There’s absolutely going to be walkers, [but] there will be a build.”

Erickson also adds that while the show will put the spotlight on the “anxiety and paranoia and tension” from the early days of the virus, the turmoil and panic will quickly spread in a much larger scale in season two. “By the end of Season 1, we definitely know the world has changed,” he states. “It is the end of the world as we know it.”

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fear The Walking Dead: Second Season to Have 15 Episodes

http://film-book.com/fear-the-walki...campaign=Feed:+film-book/dAVg+(Film-Book.com)

The freshman season of Fear The Walking Dead hasn’t premiered yet, but the creators have already given a tease at what’s coming up. Speaking with the media at the Television Association Summer Press Tour (via TVLine), AMC President Charlie Collier gave some good news that the already ordered second season will have 15 episodes, more than the episode count for the first season.

So it looks like the show’s first season will move in a steady pace, meaning that we will only see the early signs of the inevitable zombie outbreak. “We purposely built the show a bit more slowly than the original,” showrunner Dave Erickson told reporters. “We call them ‘infected’ and not ‘walkers.’ There’s absolutely going to be walkers, [but] there will be a build.”

Erickson also adds that while the show will put the spotlight on the “anxiety and paranoia and tension” from the early days of the virus, the turmoil and panic will quickly spread in a much larger scale in season two. “By the end of Season 1, we definitely know the world has changed,” he states. “It is the end of the world as we know it.”

Awesome!

Is this going to be the same writers as the Walking Dead?
I believe it does, including kirkman playing a big role.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good, then I don't have to bother watching the pilot.

lol.

What, did you think they would change everything on a show that is the most successful cable show ever? Come on now.

I'm stoked.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
lol.

What, did you think they would change everything on a show that is the most successful cable show ever? Come on now.

I'm stoked.

Oh, they can be brilliant--at times--but the boneheaded writing decisions that kill large swathes of each season killed the show for me. I think the show's early successes--and it was good early--led to it being the popular, it show, and most people wouldn't know a good show if it jumped off the screen and bit them. It's not hard to please the Michael Bay generation.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, they can be brilliant--at times--but the boneheaded writing decisions that kill large swathes of each season killed the show for me. I think the show's early successes--and it was good early--led to it being the popular, it show, and most people wouldn't know a good show if it jumped off the screen and bit them. It's not hard to please the Michael Bay generation.
That's just grumpy get off of my lawn talk blaming "the Michael bay generation" for its popularity. I don't think I like any Michael bay movies honestly and the walking dead is my all time favorite. It has slow moments yeah but they have always paid off in a big way. TV is better than it ever has been, TWD is a big part of it. IMO with the shows I am watching, the movies that come out these days just can't hold water in comparison anymore. I understand your not a big fan but the show into season 5 has gained viewership rather than declining. That is truly impressive, especially for a cable show. I for one can't get enough, if that makes you point your nose up in disgust, that is a shame.

Granted, I binged all five seasons this year without commercials so I may be getting a different experience than you anyway. IE the slowdowns weren't horrible for me but I would watch 3 episodes a sitting rather than waiting all week and getting a boring set up episode. That usually led to me getting instant gratification for watching Andrea cry all day about her sister

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Stout

Reaction score
That's just grumpy get off of my lawn talk blaming "the Michael bay generation" for its popularity. I don't think I like any Michael bay movies honestly and the walking dead is my all time favorite. It has slow moments yeah but they have always paid off in a big way. TV is better than it ever has been, TWD is a big part of it. IMO with the shows I am watching, the movies that come out these days just can't hold water in comparison anymore. I understand your not a big fan but the show into season 5 has gained viewership rather than declining. That is truly impressive, especially for a cable show. I for one can't get enough, if that makes you point your nose up in disgust, that is a shame.

Granted, I binged all five seasons this year without commercials so I may be getting a different experience than you anyway. IE the slowdowns weren't horrible for me but I would watch 3 episodes a sitting rather than waiting all week and getting a boring set up episode. That usually led to me getting instant gratification for watching Andrea cry all day about her sister

That could be a huge difference, sure. Half of season two, Andrea, bringing back the stupid governator, the completely awful midseason finale last year...ugh! I mean, there was just enough good stuff to string me along, but how good show writers can take absolute dumps on the page time and again is beyond me. Finally broke me and I left. I was hoping these were different people penning the spinoff.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That could be a huge difference, sure. Half of season two, Andrea, bringing back the stupid governator, the completely awful midseason finale last year...ugh! I mean, there was just enough good stuff to string me along, but how good show writers can take absolute dumps on the page time and again is beyond me. Finally broke me and I left. I was hoping these were different people penning the spinoff.

I would lose track, remind me in spoiler tags what the midseason finale was in season 5?
was that when they found the kids town and everyone was dead? I think that was all about setting up the wolf clan to be their nemesis in season 6. thats why they showed all of the half bodies in the box truck and etc.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
I was looking forward to enjoying a zombie show without hearing about that horribly predictable 'The Walking Dead'. I was wrong.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to enjoying a zombie show without hearing about that horribly predictable 'The Walking Dead'. I was wrong.

eh?

There are several other zombie shows on TV. If you are seeking straight up zombie fun the movies are the way to go though, TWD is more about the people than the zombies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll be a different writing staff by and large. That's how TV works. The upper ups from the original will have say so, but on the whole, it's a different staff.

Stout

Reaction score
I would lose track, remind me in spoiler tags what the midseason finale was in season 5?
was that when they found the kids town and everyone was dead? I think that was all about setting up the wolf clan to be their nemesis in season 6. thats why they showed all of the half bodies in the box truck and etc.

It's
the one where the exchange is going down in the hospital and the young girl stabs the chick in the neck. Usually the season would start okay, drag until the midseason finale, and have a good enough midseason finale to hook me back in. This one damn near put me to sleep and was the last straw.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's
the one where the exchange is going down in the hospital and the young girl stabs the chick in the neck. Usually the season would start okay, drag until the midseason finale, and have a good enough midseason finale to hook me back in. This one damn near put me to sleep and was the last straw.
Do you mean when
beth was shot? That was very unexpected. I wanted beth back.

Stout

Reaction score
Do you mean when
beth was shot? That was very unexpected. I wanted beth back.

Yes. The entire episode was boring as all get out, then when that happened, it was a giant WTF, that made no sense moment. Not a wow moment that intrigued you with a cool twist, just a WTF moment.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. The entire episode was boring as all get out, then when that happened, it was a giant WTF, that made no sense moment. Not a wow moment that intrigued you with a cool twist, just a WTF moment.

I hope you finished the season, it got really good after that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson