Exploring Arizona and Outdoors Forum

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Hollywood mentioned this, I thought it was a good idea. The "official camping thread" only has a few regular posters but ultimately, lots of good places, ideas, and discussion happen in there where if we could separate it into multiple threads, it would be cool. With this we could have a thread for specific locations and etc instead of reading through the whole single thread to find everything. This would allow people to learn about new places and check out spots others have used. Also threads like keeping your cooler its coldest, ideas for shelter while in the the woods and other tips and advise could be shared.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there enough out there to fill up the new section it won't have just a few threads in it?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think so. Having it ONE thread makes it difficult to follow. Plus there are other outdoor activities that would fit nicely there.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there enough out there to fill up the new section it won't have just a few threads in it?

I am very Avid in this arena, it would have quite a few threads to start off and then it would just depend on community involvement.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this could include hiking trips, camping spots, fishing spots, 4 wheeling trips, trip reviews, outdoors advise, purchases and reviews on coolers, tents, DIY camping items and more.

I think Hollywood and I are easily the most active posters in that area but having a forum could boost it. Also, Jon could use it for birding stuff and other things.

Ultimately, if its slow, we can just kill it and go back to the official camping thread.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, i think it could pull traffic to the board if we manage to get enough activity on it. Maybe it would be best served under "other sports"? Thoughts?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, i think it could pull traffic to the board if we manage to get enough activity on it. Maybe it would be best served under "other sports"? Thoughts?

"other stuff"? yeah I agree. Down there with EE, P&R, etc.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe whoever mods EE could help with diverting the camping thread into a bunch of threads to build on. I dont mind helping with that, could provide the post numbers to move into a new thread and etc.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"other stuff"? yeah I agree. Down there with EE, P&R, etc.
No, i meant More Sports. To me, camping/outdoors kinda falls into a sporting category, but I don't really care where it goes. Just offering suggestions. :)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe whoever mods EE could help with diverting the camping thread into a bunch of threads to build on. I dont mind helping with that, could provide the post numbers to move into a new thread and etc.
That would be me, and I'd be happy to help move them to new threads. I'd also welcome the help!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be me, and I'd be happy to help move them to new threads. I'd also welcome the help!

Cool, If we move down that path I'll make some suggestions. Some will be easy like the cooler thread but then some will have to be spliced out of that camping thread.

For a lot of mine, I can always just make a whole new thread and post the same photos though

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, i meant More Sports. To me, camping/outdoors kinda falls into a sporting category, but I don't really care where it goes. Just offering suggestions. :)

IMO "more sports" is a ghost town that I never visit due to lack of interest. I think "other stuff" would be much better :)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could we post solid oak items for sale in this new proposed forum? I have a feeling that solid oak furniture is due to catch fire in the near future.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could we post solid oak items for sale in this new proposed forum? I have a feeling that solid oak furniture is due to catch fire in the near future.

It is harvested from the outdoors

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
See already going way off topic and the forum section isn't even up yet. :D

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name the forum, "The Great Outdoors"?

I would also like it to be a place where members can talk about their atvs and atv rides.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That works. Or my title [emoji41]

Trail riding is 100% part of an outdoor subsection

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all have our giant scissors today, ready to cut the ribbon and open this thing up

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson