Ex-Cardinals VP Terry McDonough accuses Bidwill of cheating

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever heard of the Rooneys trying to be as involved as Michael is trying to be.
Not many are. His time would be better spent building other sources of income. This team, like all NFL teams, will print money on it's own. The winning aspect is independent of that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Guilty or not, Michael is going to have a long road to getting his name back into good graces with the fans & State of Arizona imo. If ever. The Bidwill name has always had its skeptics, but it’s most likely is at an all time low. Hopefully the WHOLE truth eventually comes out, so the franchise can go forward in a productive way with him or turn the page to new ownership.

So sad for all involved including us, the fans
If this team comes out and plays hard, get's back to the playoffs and competes for the division/conference in a couple years, nobody will be talking about any of this. He just needs to do what's being rumored now, go away and let the football guys handle the team, and he'll be just fine.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If this team comes out and plays hard, get's back to the playoffs and competes for the division/conference in a couple years, nobody will be talking about any of this. He just needs to do what's being rumored now, go away and let the football guys handle the team, and he'll be just fine.
Disagree. This is Bidwill's mistake. Thinking that winning makes a top franchise. Improve your player amenities, facilities, and your fan experience. Those areas don't get injured, don't hold out, and don't have a three year career average.

You do these things, the right people will want to be a part of it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have no faith in Monti or Gannon but Bidwill should keep them for the duration of their contracts regardless of the results.
Mostly agreed. He needs to give these guys at least three years, if not four. Especially given the dirt they're starting out with. Wilks inherited an... okay roster. And both had to still deal with Keim.

Gotta let the new braintrust really put their stamp on the organization and give them space before declaring the experiment a failure.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

read the whole thing: not a good look for Mike

on the other-- it sounds like Mike's defense might be that he isnt guilty of racial or gender discrimination because he treated everyone terribly
Holy crap!

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael's desperation to be the owner of a winning franchise and a league blue blood is obviously wearing on him. Can't get out of his own way.
I think that there is some solid truth to what you are saying. The losing may have taken a toll on him. Getting rid of Keim and his drinking buddies is a step on the right direction. Letting GM Monti and HC Gannon run the football side of the business makes sense. But he needs to also change as it starts with him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I have actually been thinking about the Commanders a bit since this news / story broke.

If I was a prospective NFL team buyer...... Why would I want that franchise over the Cardinals? If I'm offering 5.5bn and Snyder wants 6bn, why wouldn't I just offer that 5.5bn to Bidwill for the Birds?

Regardless..... Bidwill ain't selling unless he's shamed into it or forced into it. And we haven't seen or heard the smoking gun yet. Alot of smoke.... but nothing that will crush him in the eyes of NFL owners yet.
Because Washington was one of the premier franchises in the NFL and the Arizona Cardinals are like the 26th team most casual fans could name?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I have no faith in Monti or Gannon but Bidwill should keep them for the duration of their contracts regardless of the results.
im not sure he has a choice there

sure, there will always be somebody who will take the job, but there is some serious franchise reputation re-hab that needs to take place

suddenly: all this talk from Monti and Gannon on aligning everyone in the building around the mission, "servant leadership", etc is taking on a some new meaning

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it took Daniel Snyder cheating his fellow owners out of revenue share by cooking his books, sharing video from his cheerleader squad dressing room AND trying to pimp out his cheerleaders to big sponsors before the NFL put its foot down -- and even that wasnt 100%.

i think the best we could hope for is a fellow owner intervention / other family member intervention that suggests the Mao Tosi solution: hire somebody competent to run the day to day and you go to league meetings
Mao Tosi?

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Because Washington was one of the premier franchises in the NFL and the Arizona Cardinals are like the 26th team most casual fans could name?
Although true..... the Patriots were once a bottom 10 team until Kraft came in around 1994.

Not saying we have the cache of the DC market, or the East coast Bias. But we have to be an option for a buyer who may be feeling squeezed by Snyder.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Although true..... the Patriots were once a bottom 10 team until Kraft came in around 1994.

Not saying we have the cache of the DC market, or the East coast Bias. But we have to be an option for a buyer who may be feeling squeezed by Snyder.
If you feel like it’s difficult to find buyers for an NFL franchise I think you’d be surprised.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If you feel like it’s difficult to find buyers for an NFL franchise I think you’d be surprised.
I don't think it would be difficult at all. I'm talking about MB being offered money by people who are already vetted and want in the club. Clearly someone will lose out on the Commanders, or may just want to use us as another option.

This isn't a vanity project for Bidwill. The Cardinals are his business. If he's offered 4.5bn he may choose to exit the freeway rather than stay around and deal with all of this backlash. I mean, it's similar to quitting on the employee survey instead of facing the hard truths of your behavior. Especially when his family will be uber rich until the sun engulfs the planet one day.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't think it would be difficult at all. I'm talking about MB being offered money by people who are already vetted and want in the club. Clearly someone will lose out on the Commanders, or may just want to use us as another option.

This isn't a vanity project for Bidwill. The Cardinals are his business. If he's offered 4.5bn he may choose to exit the freeway rather than stay around and deal with all of this backlash. I mean, it's similar to quitting on the employee survey instead of facing the hard truths of your behavior. Especially when his family will be uber rich until the sun engulfs the planet one day.
It's not soley up to him. He's just in charge of running the team. I don't think he can sell without the siblings consent.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No one talks about the happy employees who have left the Cards and enjoy a non-toxic environment elsewhere.