ESPN INSIDER for 3/16/03

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Vonnie Holliday

Cardinals
Seahawks

Mar. 15 - With Hugh Douglas all but signed and sealed in Jacksonville, the Seahawks will turn their attention to Holliday, whom head coach Mike Holmgren drafted in Green Bay. Holliday visited Seattle and Arizona last week, but both teams were waiting for a resolution of Douglas' future before stepping up negotiations.

Junior Seau

Cardinals?

Mar. 15 - Seau and the Chargers effectively parted ways on Friday, with the veteran linebacker saying he doesn't envision a return to the team, despite Marty Schottenheimer's insistence that Seau remaining a Charger remained an option. Instead, the 12-time Pro Bowler and his agent will explore trade possibilities. The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that any team acquiring Seau will have to assume his $3 million base salary this season and salaries of $5 million and $5.5 million for 2004 and '05.

The Cardinals have been working to upgrade their defense and to bring in marquee players (Emmitt Smith) to help sell tickets. But Arizona VP Rod Graves indicated to the Arizona Republic that it's too soon to say if the Cardinals will explore a trade for the 34-year-old Chargers' star.

Emmitt Smith

Cardinals
Chiefs
Buccaneers
Patriots

Mar. 15 - Cardinals VP Rod Graves held discussions Friday with Smith's representatives but did not extend a formal offer, reports the Arizona Republic. That, however, is expected to come by Monday. Smith visited with the Cardinals on Thursday.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The seau thing shocked me. Holmgren will be the reason holliday does not come to the desert. If seau signs, does that make fischer the odd man out?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If SEAU vame here (Oh man would that be sweet!) I would bet he would rotate with Fisher and Ronny Mac...

But man I would LOVE to see SEAU as a cardinal!!!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
between Seau and Smith...that would sell some tickets

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn