Entourage (HBO)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man. Nice end of the season. To all you E naysayers, he nailed the call on Medellin. I loved Billy's freakout on stage after the credits rolled. I wonder what happens to "SILO" now. Lots of good stuff. Drama in love. Hilarious.

Totally agree...great finale...Eric usually knows what's going on.

And they could have had $35 million, but went with an idiot who now owes them nothing.

Will be cool though to see what Harvey does with it...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. I think they are dating...secretly. It was too unexplained.

They were talking about being attracted to each other...then he's no longer working for her?

It's the way they got out of Billy's script drama for her, and for E and her to start hitting it on the sly.

oh yeah, in regards to the weirdness here regarding this storyline, Doug Ellin recently said in an interview that there was another scene that dealt with E and Anna but ended up on the cutting room floor because of technical difficulties.

story line's caput IMO.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one dollar! He's going to bury it like he did Boondock Saints in real life!

Maybe if they're planning on retiring the show by sending the boys back to Boston, I can see that happening. If Medellin fails, Vince is going to be begging Drama for script readings.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe if they're planning on retiring the show by sending the boys back to Boston, I can see that happening. If Medellin fails, Vince is going to be begging Drama for script readings.

Boston?!?!?! Vinnie Chase IS Queens Boulevard!

They could just blurb that Harvey blackballed it though. Eh, youre probably right. he doesnt have to blackball it. As it stands everyone already thinks it sucks, so theres no need for that. I guess giving harvey a bigger role and watching him save it is a better option. Billy is funny, but I wouldnt mind seeing him crash and burn.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harvey Weinstein -er, Weingard will have this sucker all cleaned up for Oscars. Promise. That's what Weinstein, -er Weingard does.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and Perrey Reeves is motherflippin hot!! Damn, Ari. I don't blame him for keeping her on lockdown.

I can't believe none of you have commented on this fact yet.

Um yeah. :thud:

We just blew through Season 4 and I color me horribly underwelmed.

I think The Wire has ruined me forever. Entourage is everything it always was; a sort-of throwaway comedy.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Glad to see it's coming back next weekend. I love the show, but it's one of the few shows that I wouldn't want to watch all at once. Once every week or two is perfect.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese, you notice that they had Faris in the previouslies? I say there's still a chance! :D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice start. More of the same, escapist fun. No one watching?

I agree. At the end of the day there's little to no redeeming value in the show except for a half hour of comedy and eye candy.

Joe

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed this most recent season. Good stuff. Herr director was funny...Martin at the end was great, Dom's redemption, Meadow (good job Turtle).

The show remains fun and lighthearted.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not enough skin for me this year... and I thought Ari's story line was immensely more interesting than Vince's, especially the two episode will he or won't he take the studio gig run.

also, the Scorcese thing just felt like the writer's wrote themselves into a corner and decided to wave a magic wand to make everything better.

loved Drama's line when they all met back in E's office.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not enough skin for me this year... and I thought Ari's story line was immensely more interesting than Vince's, especially the two episode will he or won't he take the studio gig run.

also, the Scorcese thing just felt like the writer's wrote themselves into a corner and decided to wave a magic wand to make everything better.

loved Drama's line when they all met back in E's office.

Those bold above were good episodes, I agree. But Ari is the most interesting character on the show, anyway.

I don't know about writing themselves into a corner with Scorcese. They took Vince to rock bottom, and E threw a desperation punch in the air. Then Scorcese comes along to catch that punch, and a lead in a Martin movie pretty much means oscar attention, so Vince will be catapulted from the bottom to the top. I don't think there's another director other than Spielberg that they could have used to instantly put Vince as universally relevant again (and I think they already went to the Spielberg well in an early episode).

The show's formula is rags to riches to rags to riches, rinse and repeat. In a show that never really has "ok" as a result and the outcomes are always either "terrible" or "blockbuster of all time" I understand using Martin as the catylst to get Vince back on top after being so low where nobody would even think of hiring him. It was a jolt and left no doubt that Vince was back on top in a big way. Getting a Van Sant role, not so much.

Gary Cole is going to be a freaking disaster, though. Complete. (the character, not the actor..I love Cole).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the first 3 seasons of this show on DVD. This show might be the next one I start after Arrested Development.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those bold above were good episodes, I agree. But Ari is the most interesting character on the show, anyway.

I don't know about writing themselves into a corner with Scorcese. They took Vince to rock bottom, and E threw a desperation punch in the air. Then Scorcese comes along to catch that punch, and a lead in a Martin movie pretty much means oscar attention, so Vince will be catapulted from the bottom to the top. I don't think there's another director other than Spielberg that they could have used to instantly put Vince as universally relevant again (and I think they already went to the Spielberg well in an early episode).

The show's formula is rags to riches to rags to riches, rinse and repeat. In a show that never really has "ok" as a result and the outcomes are always either "terrible" or "blockbuster of all time" I understand using Martin as the catylst to get Vince back on top after being so low where nobody would even think of hiring him. It was a jolt and left no doubt that Vince was back on top in a big way.

i understand what the show is. I just didn't think the ending was earned. That being said, his fall from grace was'nt earned either, but whatever. it's just a TV show.

Gary Cole is going to be a freaking disaster, though. Complete. (the character, not the actor..I love Cole).

yeah, I hope that's a story line they don't just throw away. Entourage has a wird way of completely ignoring things they set up (like Adam Davies blackmailing Ari to get a piece of Ari's new shop which Ari had to agree to... but then nothing ever came of it). We'll see if Cole's around next year... and Meadow. I'm thinking she was just a three episode run, much like Faris was.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i understand what the show is. I just didn't think the ending was earned. That being said, his fall from grace was'nt earned either, but whatever. it's just a TV show.

You're right, and nothing's ever earned on this show. It always feels kind of scattershot and ridiculous. It's got an over-the-top element of everything either being great or sucking (though not really sucking...relative sucking), but it works for them.

yeah, I hope that's a story line they don't just throw away. Entourage has a wird way of completely ignoring things they set up (like Adam Davies blackmailing Ari to get a piece of Ari's new shop which Ari had to agree to... but then nothing ever came of it). We'll see if Cole's around next year... and Meadow. I'm thinking she was just a three episode run, much like Faris was.

You were right on that last season of how they just have plot amnesia from time to time. They set up great things, then completely abandon them 1984 style, as if they never happened in the first place. It's weird for sure. There are certain things you just have to accept in this show that for some reason we do...things we would never tolerate in other shows.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I really wish they hadn't gone from HORRIBLE to TOP OF THE WORLD in like 4 minutes of the finale. Hell I would have been fine if the season ended with just the phone call and left you wondering who had called to offer him a job. I have no problem with the way things seem to go great or horrible, just think they could have used this amazing news of the Martin film a little better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wish they hadn't gone from HORRIBLE to TOP OF THE WORLD in like 4 minutes of the finale. Hell I would have been fine if the season ended with just the phone call and left you wondering who had called to offer him a job. I have no problem with the way things seem to go great or horrible, just think they could have used this amazing news of the Martin film a little better.

agreed.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have no problem with the way things seem to go great or horrible, just think they could have used this amazing news of the Martin film a little better.

I feel the same way about the Vince/E blow up, that conflict lasted all of 3 minutes.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I feel the same way about the Vince/E blow up, that conflict lasted all of 3 minutes.

Finally finished off the season. I'm glad they didn't drag out the drama. I don't watch for the drama, I watch for the wacky situations and Ari. Actually I'd prefer more Ari/Lloyd and less Vince & crew.

I hope they pursue the Cole storyline too. Cole is a complete disaster waiting to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard