End of an Era - MadJack is out.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope the energy turns positive with that repair.

How about Keim's quote during the interview about Rocky IV that basically defended the crappy training room? WTH is up with this franchise? I just don't get it.
I really thought the penny pinching had stopped when Bill Sr. stepped down. Turns out, Michael was just smoother in hiding the dysfunction of the family.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I really thought the penny pinching had stopped when Bill Sr. stepped down. Turns out, Michael was just smoother in hiding the dysfunction of the family.
Yep. Tough stuff bro.

And speaking on the Premier League for a second:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Man…this is seriously sad, but completely and totally understandable MadJack. Thank you so much for the awesome banner work over the years. It was a true highlight of the game day experience to see your efforts as you deftly and creatively expressed our thoughts as fans.

This development really speaks volumes but is, unfortunately, somewhat helpful as I’ve been grappling with my recent lack of interest in this team (which until the past 2-3 seasons had never before wavered). Something is truly “off” about the Cards nowadays. It’s bad enough to get frustrated with our lousy history, but something altogether more concerning that many of us have adopted a “meh” attitude. MB…are you listening? Do you care? You best, because a lot of us don’t anymore.
I have a love/hate with posts like this. Hate it that the team has causes this type of response but love it because it show's I'm not alone in feeling like that. I never thought that my love of the game would drop this low but Mikey's disfunction has proved to be even stronger than his dad's.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Hope the energy turns positive with that repair.

How about Keim's quote during the interview about Rocky IV that basically defended the crappy training room? WTH is up with this franchise? I just don't get it.
Buying a plane as a personal toy for Mikey is more important than facilities. Good facilities might only get you a winning team. Being an owner with his own plane keeps getting him media attention and write ups. The choice is easy!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Buying a plane as a personal toy for Mikey is more important than facilities. Good facilities might only get you a winning team. Being an owner with his own plane keeps getting him media attention and write ups. The choice is easy!
Yep.

And I am confident that this plane was a good investment from a cash flow perspective as well. Now he isn't chartering a plane and can take that profit straight to the bank. He already had to pay for fuel, runway expenses, etc.

This had to be a money maker for him as well as a vanity item IMO. All the owners want their golden halo to shine a little brighter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have a love/hate with posts like this. Hate it that the team has causes this type of response but love it because it show's I'm not alone in feeling like that. I never thought that my love of the game would drop this low but Mikey's disfunction has proved to be even stronger than his dad's.
For me it’s not that his dysfunction is more than his dad’s. Realistically it’s not. The respective records and stories speak for themselves. For me it’s the compounding effect. We got from underneath bill and thought we had it much better only to find out it is just somewhat better. It’s disappointment upon disappointment. I also think as we age we just have less patience for stupidity and incompetence.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me it’s not that his dysfunction is more than his dad’s. Realistically it’s not. The respective records and stories speak for themselves. For me it’s the compounding effect. We got from underneath bill and thought we had it much better only to find out it is just somewhat better. It’s disappointment upon disappointment. I also think as we age we just have less patience for stupidity and incompetence.
Yeah, I used to always compare the team under Mike to his dad and the days at SDS. Obviously, competitively, business wise it improved.

But now? That's not relevant any more. Today, our ownership is back to the bottom of the NFL barrel.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Nah nah nah, Liverpool is the way to go for sure.

Peacock lets you stream the games live, and later in the day as well.

This is why peacock sucks.

Zero reason for any games to be on a big delay.

Picture quality isn't great, but here is the header for their sports section

You must be registered for see images attach

With 8 games, you get the results for 3 of them smacking you in the face

If I wanted to watch Wolves against Chelsea, I'd have to wait until 6 am tomorrow - why?!

Same delay for Man United.

2 global clubs that you can't watch the same day

Don't have this issue with any other service or league - it's obnoxious

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I resemble that remark! :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

100% my opinion.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nah nah nah, Liverpool is the way to go for sure.

Peacock lets you stream the games live, and later in the day as well.
Liverfool? Sure, if you want to support one of the evil big six that has outspent teams by a kajillion dollars and now complain that other teams outside the big six get to spend twenty bucks, support Liverfool :D

I keed, I keed! I mean, I don't kid on Klopp, who is a massive hypocrite about the spending, but Newcastle, after finally getting to play catch up after years of massively underspending, is going to become one of those massively spending evil big 7 teams.

Stout

Reaction score
This is why peacock sucks.

Zero reason for any games to be on a big delay.

Picture quality isn't great, but here is the header for their sports section

With 8 games, you get the results for 3 of them smacking you in the face

If I wanted to watch Wolves against Chelsea, I'd have to wait until 6 am tomorrow - why?!

Same delay for Man United.

2 global clubs that you can't watch the same day

Don't have this issue with any other service or league - it's obnoxious
They must have been NBC Sports games. No 2nd-day delay when you watch it later that day on NBC Sports. I don't know about you, but I get NBC Sports at no extra cost.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
They must have been NBC Sports games. No 2nd-day delay when you watch it later that day on NBC Sports. I don't know about you, but I get NBC Sports at no extra cost.
Nope

They weren't. If they were on the network, I typically record and watch when I get a minute.

They tend to delay the ones that aren't on the actual broadcast

I can even watch Serie B without such garbage

Even aside from the delay is that they smack you in the face with results on the path to watch the actual game - so dumb

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife is a Bronco fan so there's damn little excitement around our house for either team. We dumped Sunday ticket and didn't come over for a single game last year for the first time in a decade or more. We're usually anxiously waiting for the schedule coming out so we can plan our fall trips. Not so this year. The only thing she's remotely excited about for the upcoming season is coming over to watch Joe Burrow.

Free agency was underwhelming to say the least, new GM and coaching staff is, like, ok whatevs...

With my boy Andy440 gone, RIP, things just aren't the same anymore.

I used to read this forum religiously, now I'm on here maybe twice a week.

We'll be in Mexico for the draft so I'll only understand about half of what's said anyway. I've never considered finding another team to root for and that likely won't change, but I'm just burned out on Cardinal football.

@MadJack, you don't know me from Adam but I've come by your tailgate a few times. You even used one of my suggestions once. I want you to know that I've always appreciated the work and enthusiasm you've invested, lo, these many years. Thank you!

btw, I hate soccer.

Last edited:

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nope

They weren't. If they were on the network, I typically record and watch when I get a minute.

Even aside from the delay is that they smack you in the face with results on the path to watch the actual game - so dumb
I’m a Forest fan and, since they suck (and are too damn close to getting relegated), they’re always on Peacock. That said, I find Peacock somewhat bewildering—they bury the EPL inside the app, which means wading through all the crap NBC shows to get to main reason many of us subscribe to the service. Frustrating!

Stout

Reaction score
Nope

I didn't say the network; the NBC sports app, which is typically free. I have yet to find a game I can't watch later in the same day between cable, Peacock, and the NBC sports app.

Stout

Reaction score
I’m a Forest fan and, since they suck (and are too damn close to getting relegated), they’re always on Peacock. That said, I find Peacock somewhat bewildering—they bury the EPL inside the app, which means wading through all the crap NBC shows to get to main reason many of us subscribe to the service. Frustrating!
I almost feel bad for Forrest, stealing their money through the Shelvey and Wood sales. Then I remember how awful they whined and dived (especially "Angela" Lansbury) years ago in that Championship game that could've cost Newcastle, and I feel just fine :D

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sad to hear this @MadJack but I can understand you. I hope we make this online now and maybe, they give you a call and talk with you. But yes we have some big problems in our FO all over the place... Maybe it gets better3 but not many of us have hope at the moment and that is understandable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If true, it's sad.

New training facilities did a world of good to help improve the quality of players the Suns were able to attract.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I didn't say the network; the NBC sports app, which is typically free. I have yet to find a game I can't watch later in the same day between cable, Peacock, and the NBC sports app.
I'll have to check it out.

I removed the NBC sports app awhile back because it stunk

If it works and fills that gap, then great.

It would also be mind boggling that one of their apps would have it and the other would have as delay

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
Wife is a Bronco fan so there's damn little excitement around our house for either team. We dumped Sunday ticket and didn't come over for a single game last year for the first time in a decade or more. We're usually anxiously waiting for the schedule coming out so we can plan our fall trips. Not so this year. The only thing she's remotely excited about for the upcoming season is coming over to watch Joe Burrow.

Free agency was underwhelming to say the least, new GM and coaching staff is, like, ok whatevs...

With my boy Andy440 gone, RIP, things just aren't the same anymore.

I used to read this forum religiously, now I'm on here maybe twice a week.

We'll be in Mexico for the draft so I'll only understand about half of what's said anyway. I've never considered finding another team to root for and that likely won't change, but I'm just burned out on Cardinal football.

@MadJack, you don't know me from Adam but I've come by your tailgate a few times. You even used one of my suggestions once. I want you to know that I've always appreciated the work and enthusiasm you've invested, lo, these many years. Thank you!

btw, I hate soccer.
Right on, bro. Thanks for your support (and others) all these years! Do you recall the banner you suggested? There were 194 total so….

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right on, bro. Thanks for your support (and others) all these years! Do you recall the banner you suggested? There were 194 total so….

Slow news day so not one of the best, fo' sho' but I got my shot in!!

Sack Dak

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

I had one suggestion make it back in the SDS day, when we were playing the winless Jets “Flight 0-? Now departing”(can’t remember their record exactly) We lost of course and the Jets got their only win of the season I believe. LOL

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The only suggestion of mine that made to the banner was “Pound the Dawgs”. There were many great ones over the years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fellow die hard STHs,

Well this is it. End of an era as I've finally decided to not renew my Cardinals season tix after 30 years and 194 banners.

Cardinals emailed me this week to remind me that my deposit is due. Here's my (lengthy) reply:

"Arizona Cardinals,

Hmmm….some good reasons NOT to renew my Cardinals tix - after 30 years!

- successive losing seasons!
- 15 coaches since 1988!
- horrible contract extensions for Kiem, Kingsburg and Kyler!
- eating the contracts and $$$ for fired Kingsbury and Kiem!
- increased ticket prices
- QB is an immature prima Donna that is regressing and not a leader at all!
- Great Lawn has become a commercial enterprise where the fans are pushed out for car dealers, betting, home sellers etc.
- Cardinals tied for last Place in recent players satisfaction survey!
- no bling offered at games any more including even a game program!!
- concession prices are ridiculous!
- MadJack banner (after 27 years) now censored and can no longer express any message except positives. Forget about ‘speaking for the fans!’

Thanks for listening and tell me where I’m wrong.”

So a heartfelt thanks to all of you that supported the banner all these 27 years. It was a helluva run!!

MadJack.

Yup I quit after that ridiculous playoff game and then extending Kliff and SK.

This franchise is pure trash and it will always be until that family decides to sell

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave