End of an Era - MadJack is out.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
My oldest is trying to convince me to support Leicester City, but I'm leaning toward Brentford.
I'd advise you pick a top 4 or 5 team. Cheering for minnows in EPL is tough - they rarely do anything of significance, and the only time you'll see them on TV is against top flight teams.

I've been a Liverpool fan since FIFA 98 - even with their recent success they are still nothing financially compared to Chelsea/City/Arsenal/United, and now Newcastle.

Spurs or Reds are your best bet for teams that aren't sportswashing for billionaires/oil.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
How much later? No way I'm waking up at 4:30 to watch Man City (my son's club -- we're distantly related to Phil Foden) vs Liverpool (my other son's club). But they'll watch it at 8.

EPL's and the Champion's League's game summaries are the best things on YouTube.

My oldest is trying to convince me to support Leicester City, but I'm leaning toward Brentford.
Remember, between Peacock and NBC Sports and the cable networks, you can watch any game you want live.

I'm not exactly sure. I know you can't watch directly after the game, as I've tried. If I can't watch right away I usually have to wait until that night. I think maybe two hours after game end? You'd have to check their policies. The good news is you know the games won't go into overtime.

Leicester City is tough as they are in trouble. I've been a fan of an up and down team, and it's no fun. Brentford is doing well now but their long-term stability in the league is questionable. TV isn't really a consideration now that you can watch whatever games you want with Peacock. I would advise against picking a top team, though, because it's so front runner. It's no longer an age where you have to do so to see the games.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
How much later? No way I'm waking up at 4:30 to watch Man City (my son's club -- we're distantly related to Phil Foden) vs Liverpool (my other son's club). But they'll watch it at 8.

EPL's and the Champion's League's game summaries are the best things on YouTube.

Peacock is frustrating with their delay, especially because it's hard not to find news of the big clubs

This problem doesn't exist with any of the ESPN+ coverage, or Serie A on Paramount+

Shoot, it's all in Italian but I can watch my side in Serie B on the Helbiz app fairly quickly after the game is completed

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Plenty of room still available next to me on the Brighton and Hove Albion bandwagon!
Brighton aren't a bad alternative to the Big 6. I don't see them going back down anytime soon as they've built wisely. They're either challenging for European places or already sitting there.

Reaction score
Fellow die hard STHs,

Well this is it. End of an era as I've finally decided to not renew my Cardinals season tix after 30 years and 194 banners

So a heartfelt thanks to all of you that supported the banner all these 27 years. It was a helluva run!!

MadJack.

It really is a low time for Cardinal fans.

Dedicated fans and long-time season ticket holders, such as MadJack, expressing that they can no longer rationalize continued support for the organization! Guys that were RABID Cardinals fans during even the toughest days at Sun Devil Stadium, that continued to hope and encourage others when there was little reason for better expectations, and now no longer have any emotion remaining to give and state: NO MAS! Great fans, just worn out!

:deadhorse2:

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Full disclosure I let my payment date lapse as promised. Instead of a phone call I got an email extending my date and pointing out my contract. So apparently they have dismissed the club account reps for more cost savings or they are afraid to call.

I asked the Cardinals what the penalty was for not keeping my contract for the club seats. I am going to wait to see what they say.
Same here. Have been waiting to pay deposit. Got the email extending to today. Still haven’t paid. I’m waiting to see they actually call

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work Madjack. Maybe you could do a virtual banner here to keep the tradition going but just do something digitally so it would be super easy. I'm acually suprised they didn't just give you season tickets.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work Madjack. Maybe you could do a virtual banner here to keep the tradition going but just do something digitally so it would be super easy. I'm acually suprised they didn't just give you season tickets.
And a food box to go.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It really is a low time for Cardinal fans.

Dedicated fans and long-time season ticket holders, such as MadJack, expressing that they can no longer rationalize continued support for the organization! Guys that were RABID Cardinals fans during even the toughest days at Sun Devil Stadium, that continued to hope and encourage others when there was little reason for better expectations, and now no longer have any emotion remaining to give and state: NO MAS! Great fans, just worn out!

:deadhorse2:

I had my eye on an Autobot logo front plate for my new truck. My wife got me a Cards one for Christmas, and my instant (silent, thank goodness) reaction was "well, crap."

As far as Premiere League goes, I kinda like AFC Richmond. :p

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Fellow die hard STHs,

Well this is it. End of an era as I've finally decided to not renew my Cardinals season tix after 30 years and 194 banners.

Cardinals emailed me this week to remind me that my deposit is due. Here's my (lengthy) reply:

"Arizona Cardinals,

Hmmm….some good reasons NOT to renew my Cardinals tix - after 30 years!

- successive losing seasons!
- 15 coaches since 1988!
- horrible contract extensions for Kiem, Kingsburg and Kyler!
- eating the contracts and $$$ for fired Kingsbury and Kiem!
- increased ticket prices
- QB is an immature prima Donna that is regressing and not a leader at all!
- Great Lawn has become a commercial enterprise where the fans are pushed out for car dealers, betting, home sellers etc.
- Cardinals tied for last Place in recent players satisfaction survey!
- no bling offered at games any more including even a game program!!
- concession prices are ridiculous!
- MadJack banner (after 27 years) now censored and can no longer express any message except positives. Forget about ‘speaking for the fans!’

Thanks for listening and tell me where I’m wrong.”

So a heartfelt thanks to all of you that supported the banner all these 27 years. It was a helluva run!!

MadJack.
Sorry to hear this but completely understandable. I wish there was a way we could see pictures of every banner you’ve done with the date and team we were playing in chronological order.

Hope they get this turned around and get you back.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I told my grandkids not to get me any Cards gear for Christmas. My youngest ignored that request because she just couldn't resist. At least she got me slippers so I don't have to wear them in public!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr