End of an Era - MadJack is out.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Seems like yesterday you and I posed for a pic with your "Shock the World" sign. I have it somewhere but too down to look for it. Take care, my friend.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People have short memories.
Remember when this was a 3-13 to 5-11 team every season for decades?

Now people are hopping mad at limping into the playoffs at 11-6.

We are clearly going to have to rebuild now, so morale is down. But the worst ever??

And curse Keim's awfulness all you want, but his seasons at GM were:

10-6
11-5
13-3
7-8-1
8-8
3-13
5-10-1
8-8
11-6
4-13

10 seasons. 4 double digit win seasons for a team than never had one before in AZ.
3 more seasons at about .500
3 losing seasons.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown and I were just talking on the phone today if this is the lowest fan morale we’d ever seen on the board with so many decades long season ticket holders throwing up their hands and saying No Mas… no pun intended.

Sad state of affairs right now at State Farm.
There have been onesies and twosies of STHs that flew the coop, but I can never recall this many across just a couple seasons.

SOCALCARD

Rookie
Reaction score
Fellow die hard STHs,

Well this is it. End of an era as I've finally decided to not renew my Cardinals season tix after 30 years and 194 banners.

Cardinals emailed me this week to remind me that my deposit is due. Here's my (lengthy) reply:

"Arizona Cardinals,

Hmmm….some good reasons NOT to renew my Cardinals tix - after 30 years!

- successive losing seasons!
- 15 coaches since 1988!
- horrible contract extensions for Kiem, Kingsburg and Kyler!
- eating the contracts and $$$ for fired Kingsbury and Kiem!
- increased ticket prices
- QB is an immature prima Donna that is regressing and not a leader at all!
- Great Lawn has become a commercial enterprise where the fans are pushed out for car dealers, betting, home sellers etc.
- Cardinals tied for last Place in recent players satisfaction survey!
- no bling offered at games any more including even a game program!!
- concession prices are ridiculous!
- MadJack banner (after 27 years) now censored and can no longer express any message except positives. Forget about ‘speaking for the fans!’

Thanks for listening and tell me where I’m wrong.”

So a heartfelt thanks to all of you that supported the banner all these 27 years. It was a helluva run!!

MadJack.
Don't worry. Mike Bidwill is having his staff package up and send you a commemorative Rashad Stevens-Howling drink cup for those decades of dedicated effort and support. You just need to include $15 for shipping and handling.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Don't worry. Mike Bidwill is having his staff package up and send you a commemorative Rashad Stevens-Howling drink cup for those decades of dedicated effort and support. You just need to include $15 for shipping and handling.
*LaRod Stevens-Howling

Now there is a kid you could root for.

I've been a fan as long as the Cards have been in AZ. And a Suns fan before that.

Right now...... Historically speaking...... is the worst it has ever gotten IMO. If you need me to list off the coaches again, or the GM's, I will. Our franchise is a joke. And our owner is the worst punchline ever. He's no Sarver..... but that only means that the Bidwill name will be around until we all die.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Let me be the first to predict: The Cardinals will start doing the same banners themselves so no one asks questions, and they will all be super dumb positive messages about the team. There might even be a #BirdCity appearance.

As a fellow ex-season ticket holder since 2023, welcome to the less than exclusive club!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cardinals are destroying the loyal fan base little by little

So sad to see this happening
I mean, yeah. The Kyler contract is an albatross. He was unproven over time and given the contract far too early, and now they’re stuck with him. I think he is talented for sure, but who is he going to throw to and who is going to block for him? How is he going to be able to take the next step if all his WRs are 5’6”?This is shaping up to be the worst roster since the McGinnis era. At least McGinnis had David Boston and then Anquan Boldin.

Couple that with the recent black eye that the team is run like a circus by an owner who cares more about schmoozing politicians while setting up Super Bowls with a taxpayer-funded aging stadium than running a competent ball club, and then they had to interview 10 coaches before the agreed to terms with one. I have very little faith they’re going to pull it all together.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean, yeah. The Kyler contract is an albatross. He was unproven over time and given the contract far too early, and now they’re stuck with him. I think he is talented for sure, but who is he going to throw to and who is going to block for him? How is he going to be able to take the next step if all his WRs are 5’6”?This is shaping up to be the worst roster since the McGinnis era. At least McGinnis had David Boston and then Anquan Boldin.

Couple that with the recent black eye that the team is run like a circus by an owner who cares more about schmoozing politicians while setting up Super Bowls with a taxpayer-funded aging stadium than running a competent ball club, and then they had to interview 10 coaches before the agreed to terms with one. I have very little faith they’re going to pull it all together.

Yes, the contract is indeed an albatross. However, if I remember correctly, the majority on here were shouting for "this poverty franchise" and "cheap Michael Bidwill" to pay what Kyler and his agent were demanding.(despite all the red flags from the horrific collapse just weeks prior)

No doubt this franchise and ownership often deserve criticism for being frugal.(to put it kindly, lol) However, the decision to throw money at Keim, Kliff and Kyler is a significant reason why the situation is so dire at the moment.

I admit, I also don't quite understand the extreme pessimism and at times insults on here directed at Gannon who hasn't even coached a single game for us yet. Perhaps he and his young staff do well, or perhaps they will suck. Time will tell. The uncertainty is preferable to the alternative of Kliff and Vance Joseph for another season though.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If they hadn't signed him we'd be in a terrific position to go in a different direction. He did not play well last season before the injury so that huge extension is even more questionable. Heck, we could go after Lamar (who I wanted us to draft originally) had we not signed Kyler. SMH.

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
It would be a real disappointment if you didn’t hear from someone higher up in the organization about this decision.

The banners are a real part of the tradition of the team in AZ. Sad to see it go; would be worse if someone decided to do a bad corporate version.
To be fair, I did hear the very next day from their VP of Sales expressing his thanks and appreciation so that was classy.

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, that last banner above was a subliminal message as I feared it would be banned and thus No More banners. In the SDS days I truly spoke for the fans. My favorite of all time was the last game in SDS:

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES - BOTH OF ‘EM!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, the contract is indeed an albatross. However, if I remember correctly, the majority on here were shouting for "this poverty franchise" and "cheap Michael Bidwill" to pay what Kyler and his agent were demanding.(despite all the red flags from the horrific collapse just weeks prior)

No doubt this franchise and ownership often deserve criticism for being frugal.(to put it kindly, lol) However, the decision to throw money at Keim, Kliff and Kyler is a significant reason why the situation is so dire at the moment.

I admit, I also don't quite understand the extreme pessimism and at times insults on here directed at Gannon who hasn't even coached a single game for us yet. Perhaps he and his young staff do well, or perhaps they will suck. Time will tell. The uncertainty is preferable to the alternative of Kliff and Vance Joseph for another season though.
Huh I guess miss all of the football-related insults at Gannon in the every post I’ve read. I’ve seen the pee wee Herman comment based on his attire and some pokes based on some clips of him hugging players and the “pew pew pew!” Interaction with Rondale. But almost everyone seems to be giving him the benefit of the doubt from a coaching perspective. Maybe I missed some stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose