Encouraging Kyler Murray Trends

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on guys, give me a break. "Transcendent" doesn't have to mean better than anyone else, but just a player in the conversation for the best at his position year-to-year. I know the definition, but, right now that's Mahomes, that's Jackson... Watson might get there. Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are guys who were or are in that conversation.

The functional point of the term and the arguments that were going on were that KM was going to be one of the best QBs this league has ever seen. I believe it was @DVontel (and sorry man, I don't mean to drag you into things, I just think you said this in one of our discussions, this might have been Vacard), that said they'd be disappointed if Kyler doesn't have an MVP, Super Bowl, experience extremely memorable playoff moments, etc. And that was during the season.

I think Kyler might end up top 10 some seasons, and he'll put up some pretty awesome stats.
Yea, I said that if he had a similar career to Philip Rivers, I would be extremely disappointment. Especially with talent that Rivers had.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This offseason and the next are critical in his development. It has become very clear that you can see greatness by year 2 or 3.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What else is he supposed to do to earn his salary as "Senior Vice president, media relations "?

It can't be much. I wish I could dig up stuff to Tweet about the Cardinals and be a Senior Vice President.

I thought he was in more of a director of coms position in terms of setting up players with interviews and controlling the media throughout the week/game day... I never remembered him as twitter hype man. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All these numbers represent are "how Murray did in the past." How they predict how good he'll do in the future will have a lot to do with how well he and his coaches learn from their mistakes and how this translates into future W's and L's.

Future looks promising, but it will depend on how Kyler and Kliff (& Steve and Michael) make use of Year One.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Lamar Jackson has made many naysayers eat a large dose of crow.His continued development shows that with real coaching and hard work a player can raise his game to the next level.Murray should take note and aspire to do the same.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Lamar Jackson has made many naysayers eat a large dose of crow.His continued development shows that with real coaching and hard work a player can raise his game to the next level.Murray should take note and aspire to do the same.
I AGREE!!!! It finally happened!!! hahaha

This off-season and the next will be crucial.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but makes sense here. Credit azcardinals Reddit.

K1 is with some good company here. Especially as a rookie.

You must be registered for see images attach
I think the hope is one day he can be a 4000/500 (35 td total) kind of QB

Basically if he's Deshaun Watson esque I'd be pretty happy.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now imagine he's got Lamb or Jeudy to make those deep throws to.
Fair...

However, imagine if we got him a really good Olineman in the 1st round and then trade up for Henry Ruggs.

I really like Lamb and Jeudy. I just want Kyler to have time in the pocket.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Fair...

However, imagine if we got him a really good Olineman in the 1st round and then trade up for Henry Ruggs.

I really like Lamb and Jeudy. I just want Kyler to have time in the pocket.
Bring in an experienced lineman in free agency that can make an immediate impact and draft Lamb or Jeudy.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was all in for keeping Rosen and drafting Q at the end of last season, BW52 and I seemed to be in the same camp.

Once we drafted Murray I was a bit gutted but had to change to be all in on him otherwise what’s the point. I was worried about injuries etc (and still am) but I can say was completely wrong and I am so happy we drafted him. He’s done incredible things and if the D and WRs were a bit better I am convinced we’d be in the playoffs.

So BW52 I know you are still sceptical but come on aboard, way more fun on this ship.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That'd be nice, but Keim will likely bring in someone with injury issues.

To be fair if any OLineman is available in free agency he either has injury issues or some other "warts", reality is not a lot of quality, durable OL hit free agency.

I'm not excusing Keim at all mind you but teams just don't let quality guys hit free agency too often.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair if any OLineman is available in free agency he either has injury issues or some other "warts", reality is not a lot of quality, durable OL hit free agency.

I'm not excusing Keim at all mind you but teams just don't let quality guys hit free agency too often.
Kugler: “ I can work with what we got.”
Or
Kugler: “ Hey you can only put so much lipstick on a pig. We need to upgrade.”

I think we will add to the o-line in the mid rounds of the draft unless we let Humphries walk. I don’t think so unless we sign another OT out there that we believe is better.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Well thats why if we have a chance to get a young talented lineman in the draft I say get em.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Well thats why if we have a chance to get a young talented lineman in the draft I say get em.

I agree 100%, unfortunately this franchise seems to miss on OL prospects more than hit. Our starting OL this past season had 1 guy drafted by the Cardinals--Humphries, then a bunch of journeyman, that is yet another indictment of this front office being unable to identify quality OL prospects in the draft. Free agent journeyman OL are nothing more than band-aids, we need a long term solution for sure.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree 100%, unfortunately this franchise seems to miss on OL prospects more than hit. Our starting OL this past season had 1 guy drafted by the Cardinals--Humphries, then a bunch of journeyman, that is yet another indictment of this front office being unable to identify quality OL prospects in the draft. Free agent journeyman OL are nothing more than band-aids, we need a long term solution for sure.
True as well.

I guess if we're thinking about Keim making the pick we'd feel safer it was Jeudy or Lamb.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is pretty cool...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Notice the time he had for that route to develop..... I want Oline help so bad...but I get the WR love...

Anyway here is the rest of that thread
I think the hope for that top GIF is that eventually Murray will slide up and hit Christian Kirk instead of taking off. Kirk maybe gets to the endzone.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Russ Smith I see what you mean. On the TD to Fitz...Andy is wide open. Kyler sees him and still doesnt trust throwing to him.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Isabella and Butler can get going (or insert rookie)...

they REALLY need to get a legit downfield threat. Felt like more often than not when Kyler really let it go, it was either caught for a big gain or hit the WRs hands and dropped. His arm and accuracy on downfield shots were what impressed me the most season.

man... watching those videos reminds me also of just how shocked I was at his arm-strength. The kid has a cannon on his arm... like an Elway size cannon.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Notice the time he had for that route to develop..... I want Oline help so bad...but I get the WR love...

Anyway here is the rest of that thread
I think the hope for that top GIF is that eventually Murray will slide up and hit Christian Kirk instead of taking off. Kirk maybe gets to the endzone.
Lmao @ the Dragon Balls and Namekian language reference. Good stuff.

Get Kyler an offensive line please! Big WRs can be had later on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave