Early coaching search observation

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have heard Reid's name tied to a couple openings. Lovie's name is getting bandied around as a coach or DC, his players seem angry he's gone. Norv's name as an OC seems to be popular...

I haven't heard Ken's name in a single rumor.. interview, possible OC or whatever yet. Interesting.

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
I hadn't thought about that. Very true.

Literally the only thing I've heard his name associated with was Steelers fans wanting him to come back and replace Todd Haley, which was just purely fan hopes.

I think Whis will catch on as a coordinator somewhere.

EDIT:

I just googled his name under NEWS and found this. Jason La Canfora says the Bills are interested in him. I'm sure he'd make Fitzpatrick look like a star :)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/j...d-to-pursue-ken-whisenhunt-fired-by-cardinals

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
true that...He has 5 million reasons not ot just take "any job".....tho, opportunities might not be there next year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have heard Reid's name tied to a couple openings. Lovie's name is getting bandied around as a coach or DC, his players seem angry he's gone. Norv's name as an OC seems to be popular...

I haven't heard Ken's name in a single rumor.. interview, possible OC or whatever yet. Interesting.
Buffalo.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He'll win wherever he goes. Take it to the bank! It's the Cardinal Curse.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My wife is a Bear's fan. We discussed how funny and not out of the realm of possibility it would be if Ken ended up in Chicago and we got Lovie.

I think if Ken doesn't get an OC job, he'll take a year off.

4-3 defense. Whis wants and prefers a 3-4. Peppers is no 3-4 OLB.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I thought I heard somewhere that SD might have an interest in Whis.

This is where I think he wants to be. Vertical coach, vertical QB. Great golfing. Light move from Phoenix.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Interesting that two relatively high profile coaches have expressessed interest in SD ( Reid and Whis) , but SD apparently has given the polite "no thanks"

I think SD is doing it the right way: get your GM (Keim is getting an interview) and then get your coach

The most disappointing aspect of the changes with the Cards is that Mike B seems to have no priorities -- coach then GM, GM then coach, eh, whatever.

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
Just saw this on rotoworld

A source tells the Buffalo News that new team president Russ Brandon "would like the opportunity to land" Ken Whisenhunt as the Bills' new head coach.

Much like Andy Reid, Whisenhunt is not expected to be out of work for long after getting fired by the Cardinals on Monday. It sounds like he'll be interviewing for the Bills' job along with the likes of his former defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Syracuse coach Doug Marrone and possibly ex-Bears coach Lovie Smith. Whisenhunt went 45-41 in six seasons with the Cardinals and led them to their only Super Bowl appearance.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Jeff said, Buffalo. I heard the Bills mentioned only an hour or so after the firing was announced. Grimm and I believe Horton were also mentioned as drawing interest from Buffalo, all three because of a Steelers connection.

Steve

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Interesting that two relatively high profile coaches have expressessed interest in SD ( Reid and Whis) , but SD apparently has given the polite "no thanks"

I think SD is doing it the right way: get your GM (Keim is getting an interview) and then get your coach

The most disappointing aspect of the changes with the Cards is that Mike B seems to have no priorities -- coach then GM, GM then coach, eh, whatever.
It depends on what type of orginization you want. I think Michael is building the one on the left.

Attachments

• org chart.jpg
    org chart.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 93

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As Jeff said, Buffalo. I heard the Bills mentioned only an hour or so after the firing was announced. Grimm and I believe Horton were also mentioned as drawing interest from Buffalo, all three because of a Steelers connection.

Steve
And possibly San Diego.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sure he will. But he wasn't going to win here.

Depends on the situation. I think if he went to a team like BUF his tenure there would be an extension of his last three years in AZ.

If I'm a fan of BUF, CLE or KC I'd be very nervous about getting KW. I think he could go to a team like CHI, SD and possibly PHL and be very successful.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He'll win wherever he goes. Take it to the bank! It's the Cardinal Curse.

What is this based on?

The fact that he can't evaluate and or develop talent?

Or the fact that he has no idea how to make game time adjustments?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard