Eagles Trade Idea

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here's an idea. We swap 1st round picks with the Philly and we get Kolb (maybe we have to throw in a 4th or 5th). The Eagles need a corner and they would have a shot at either Peterson or Amakmara with the #5 pick.

Mock
1. CAROLINA - A.J. Green WR
2. DENVER - N. Fairley DE/DT
3. BUFFALO - M. Dareus DE/DT
4. CINCINNATI - D. Bowers DE
5. PHILADELPHIA - P. Peterson CB
6. CLEVELAND - R. Quinn DE/OLB
7. SAN FRANCISCO - P. Amukamara CB
8. TENNESSEE - V. Miller OLB
9. DALLAS - C. Jordan DE
10. WASHINGTON - B. Gabbert QB
11. HOUSTON - A. Smith DE/OLB
12. MINNESOTA - C. Newton QB
13. DETROIT - D Sherrod OT
14. ST LOUIS - Julio Jones WR
15. MIAMI - M. Ingram RB
16. JACKSONVILLE - A. Ayers SILB
17. NEW ENGLAND - R. Kerrigan OLB/DE
18. SAN DIEGO - J.J Watt DE
19. NY GIANTS - N. Solder OT
20. TAMPA BAY - A. Clayborn DE
21. KANSAS CITY - S. Paea DT/NT
22. INDIANAPOLIS - T. Smith OT
23. ARIZONA - J. Houston OLB/DE
24. NEW ORLEANS - M. Leshoure RB
25. SEATTLE - J. Locker QB
26. BALTIMORE - B. Harris CB
27. ATLANTA - J. Baldwin WR
28. NEW ENGLAND - A. Castonzo OT
29. CHICAGO - G. Carimi OT
30. NY JETS - C. Heyward DE
31. PITTSBURGH - M. Pouncey OC/OG
32. GREEN BAY - S. Acho OLD/DE
33. NEW ENGLAND - C. Liuget DE/DT
34. BUFFALO - R. Mallett QB
35. CINCINATTI - M. Wilson ILB
36. DENVER - A. Williams CB
37. CLEVELAND - T. Smith WR
38. ARIZONA - K. Rudolph TE

The Cards end up with QB -Kolb, OLB-Houston, and TE-Rudolph

Last edited:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
That is a very good trade proposal and I believe the Eagles would go for it. If the Cards really think Kolb can be a great QB for us then it looks like a great trade. Both Houston and Kyle Rudolph are also solid picks.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Good idea, but I think Houston's combine will send him up the draft boards. I really, really like Houston & think he will be the best OLB in this draft in time.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good idea..maybe we can get also nate irving ilb..amazing player really underrated..6.1 242 lb..noose for the ball..after a big injury in his junior year he had a very solid senior season 92 tackle 21.5 tackle for a loss(crazy numbers for a ilb) and 7 sacks

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I still feel Kolb is going to fail as a QB. But if he is the Cards target then this is an acceptable trade.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
good idea..maybe we can get also nate irving ilb..amazing player really underrated..6.1 242 lb..noose for the ball..after a big injury in his junior year he had a very solid senior season 92 tackle 21.5 tackle for a loss(crazy numbers for a ilb) and 7 sacks

I love Nate Irving. He's the only ILB who can be an impact player in this draft.

IMO he's much better than the more heralded Martez Wilson.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way we get him for swapping picks and a lower draft pick. Too many teams need a QB and I am afraid Kolb will be very costly.

I think it would be fair but the market may dictate differently.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

Prefer Kelvin Sheppard of LSU. Defensive captain on top 10 defense in the SEC. Dude is a leader on and off the field, if you haven't seen any of his pre-game huddle speeches you need to try and find one. Solid 250 pound thumper with 3 years of starting experience and 116 tackles, 11 TFL's and 4 sacks last year. He is also at my prototypical SILB size of 6-2, 250.

I want to see if Irving can add 5 pounds for the combine without losing speed. Might move up my chart if he does.

1. Martez Wilson - Poor mans Relando McClain, same body types, style, and abilities.
2. Kelvin Sheppard
3. Nate Irving - Right now I think he is more of a 4-3 MLB.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unless there is a rookie cap I am not sure they will want the #5 but may prefer multiple picks.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Prefer Kelvin Sheppard of LSU. Defensive captain on top 10 defense in the SEC. Dude is a leader on and off the field, if you haven't seen any of his pre-game huddle speeches you need to try and find one. Solid 250 pound thumper with 3 years of starting experience and 116 tackles, 11 TFL's and 4 sacks last year. He is also at my prototypical SILB size of 6-2, 250.

I want to see if Irving can add 5 pounds for the combine without losing speed. Might move up my chart if he does.

1. Martez Wilson - Poor mans Relando McClain, same body types, style, and abilities.
2. Kelvin Sheppard

Good stuff, Sheppard sound like a real fit here. Where will he go? Early 2nd?

What do you think of Phil Taylor from Baylor?

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score

2. Kelvin Sheppard

Martez Wilson is a freak with Patrick Willis explosiveness, McClain on the other hand has Gerald Hayes speed. I think Sheppard is the man for us though, Wilson is going to shoot up the draft boards into the first round after the combine.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

2. Kelvin Sheppard

Agree 100% on Sheppard. I like Wilson but I think he may be a tad overrated. He definitely has the physical abilty and is very athletic but I never really noticed him in games I saw the Illini play. That may because Corey Liguet was making every play though. The games i saw Irving play left me un-impressed. He looked very un-athletic and slow. Maybe I caught him on a couple bad days though.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Good stuff, Sheppard sound like a real fit here. Where will he go? Early 2nd?

What do you think of Phil Taylor from Baylor?

I think Brandon Spikes really helped some of these SILB types. Proved without a shadow of a doubt you dont need a good 40 time at that position to be succesfull in the NFL. So some of these SILB types might go higher then you would think. I can see him going anywhere from 2 to 4. Tough to tell with SILB's.

As for Taylor, never seen the kid play until the Senior Bowl Practices this week. Impressive athletic big man. With little info based on only one week of practices and other various reports on the kid I think he is a poor mans Haloti Ngata. If I was a 3-4 team I would take him in a heart beat late in the 1st. Play him at 3-4 DE and slide him around for various other looks.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Agree 100% on Sheppard. I like Wilson but I think he may be a tad overrated. He definitely has the physical abilty and is very athletic but I never really noticed him in games I saw the Illini play. That may because Corey Liguet was making every play though. The games i saw Irving play left me un-impressed. He looked very un-athletic and slow. Maybe I caught him on a couple bad days though.

Irving isnt the best athlete but he is smart and doesnt take any wasted steps or angles, which means he plays fast.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Martez Wilson is a freak with Patrick Willis explosiveness, McClain on the other hand has Gerald Hayes speed. I think Sheppard is the man for us though, Wilson is going to shoot up the draft boards into the first round after the combine.

McClain at 255 ran a 4.68, Hayes at 238 ran a 4.75. McClain is much faster then Hayes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard