Durant to Suns

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have been missing Eric Gordon, Bradley Beal, and some games of Nurkic in that span.

Latest PHNX had the cast disappointed in KD. I had some of those same feelings building up. I just dont like his body language most times.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Sure, KD stats are impressive. But his turnovers are simply cringe-worthy. Often leading to a layup on the other side. 4 point potential swings every time! Usually in 4th qtr. Part of it is coach not telling the team to immediately pop a guy open the second KD gets double teamed. But they absolutely refused to do this!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, KD stats are impressive. But his turnovers are simply cringe-worthy. Often leading to a layup on the other side. 4 point potential swings every time! Usually in 4th qtr. Part of it is coach not telling the team to immediately pop a guy open the second KD gets double teamed. But they absolutely refused to do this!
It's been a problem across this team all season long. It wasn't that long ago that "Point Book" was in the same boat driving fans crazy with all the turnovers. Things improved when they found a primary ball handler. How many times do we see players on this team throwing cross court passes because nobody is open and guys are standing around? Don't know if it's Vogel, Jones or both but someone made the decision getting a primary ball handler wasn't important. Couple that with the offensive scheme and it's UGLY.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knives Out this morning on 98.7 just trashing KD AND Booker for their pathetic fourth quarters all year.

Stick a fork in this team, especially with Booker being out 7 to 10 days as our schedule FINALLY gets tough.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hell no. The Durant trade looks worse with each passing day.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I didn't like it because I thought it only gave us a 2 year window...

Turns out we have a no year window.
Yeah it was risky but I could understand why they made the choice they did at the time. Now we're likely on the path of a play in game. For a team that allegedly had championship aspirations, that's pathetic. KD isn't playing anywhere near a superstar level right now. Considering what we gave up for him and what he's being paid, that's a disaster.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it was risky but I could understand why they made the choice they did at the time. Now we're likely on the path of a play in game. For a team that allegedly had championship aspirations, that's pathetic. KD isn't playing anywhere near a superstar level right now. Considering what we gave up for him and what he's being paid, that's a disaster.

It was risky and extremely shortsighted. I'd say the time past to make the KD trade when the season started. Had they made the move before last season then it would have given them 2 full years, and off-seasons, to build a contender. Ishbia came in and wanted to make a splash so he pulled the trigger on a deal that was best left in the past as a "What If?" situation. The Nets bent him over because he was working on borrowed time. They didnt need to make a deal, and honestly the Suns didn't either, Ishbia did. I can't help but wonder what the price might have been if they played out the season and tried to acquire him this past offseason, if at all. At least then they would have known and understood the ramifications of the new CBA.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was risky and extremely shortsighted. I'd say the time past to make the KD trade when the season started. Had they made the move before last season then it would have given them 2 full years, and off-seasons, to build a contender. Ishbia came in and wanted to make a splash so he pulled the trigger on a deal that was best left in the past as a "What If?" situation. The Nets bent him over because he was working on borrowed time. They didnt need to make a deal, and honestly the Suns didn't either, Ishbia did. I can't help but wonder what the price might have been if they played out the season and tried to acquire him this past offseason, if at all. At least then they would have known and understood the ramifications of the new CBA.
I agree the Suns may have done something different had they known where the new CBA was headed. The Suns absolutely had to do something. That team was going nowhere.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree the Suns may have done something different had they known where the new CBA was headed. The Suns absolutely had to do something. That team was going nowhere.

But they didn't have to do anything. There were injuries all year that had them struggling but they were still about where they are currently in the standings with all of their assets in tow. They could have gone a number of different directions. Lillard, Siakam, Holiday, and many more have all been moved since then. There's always deals to be made, narrowing in one is a recipe for disaster. Especially when the key piece has maybe 2 years left playing at a high caliber.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But they didn't have to do anything. There were injuries all year that had them struggling but they were still about where they are currently in the standings with all of their assets in tow. They could have gone a number of different directions. Lillard, Siakam, Holiday, and many more have all been moved since then. There's always deals to be made, narrowing in one is a recipe for disaster. Especially when the key piece has maybe 2 years left playing at a high caliber.
That’s assuming any of those scenarios were viable. Just because they were out there doesn’t mean it was viable. The KD was different because he wanted to be here.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We should have looked at moves like Boston's acquisition of Portzingis.

Build on the talent you already have and extend the window.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We should have looked at moves like Boston's acquisition of Portzingis.

Build on the talent you already have and extend the window.
I'm not saying you weren't wrong, but what window did you think we had before the trade?

To think that Mikal and Cam would have made us contenders is laughable. And if we were going to trade for another star player, then Mikal would have 100% been part of any deal. That's a fact.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s assuming any of those scenarios were viable. Just because they were out there doesn’t mean it was viable. The KD was different because he wanted to be here.

You're just going to continue going in circles as if only the KD could have happened because it was fate or something. Everyone knew Siakam was on the move before he expired. Everyone knew Dame wasn't long for Portland. Maybe we don't land either, ok, we're still in a better position today than we are currently. Our record hasn't improved nor has our title hopes. Our payroll has. Our war chest is bare. Smart move though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not saying you weren't wrong, but what window did you think we had before the trade?

To think that Mikal and Cam would have made us contenders is laughable. And if we were going to trade for another star player, then Mikal would have 100% been part of any deal. That's a fact.

We were a year removed from the finals. We were contenders. Maybe we weren't favorites but we most definitely were in the hunt, and young with a ton of assets.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No, I think we needed to make moves, but a we should have been looking to add to that group and compliment it, not rip it apart, and especially not for a dude of Durant's age.

Trading two good starting players in their mid 20s and the better part of the next decade of draft picks for a 35 year old was just insane to me. Even IF Durant was still an MVP talent, we paid so much to get him that building a contender around him was going to take a minor miracle.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're just going to continue going in circles as if only the KD could have happened because it was fate or something. Everyone knew Siakam was on the move before he expired. Everyone knew Dame wasn't long for Portland. Maybe we don't land either, ok, we're still in a better position today than we are currently. Our record hasn't improved nor has our title hopes. Our payroll has. Our war chest is bare. Smart move though.
You mean like going to in circles with all these guys available that would have happened? You must have a crystal ball. One was possible because he wanted to be here. All others are just speculation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard