Draft trades and draft rumors

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Lol so wouldn't the Knicks just take Morant in that scenario. Why work out White? Unless they're considering trading back.

I think they would draft Morant but they never thought Barrett would be gone. Now they are working out garland and white to compare the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Knicks would love having an opportunity to draft Morant.

They may not see a big dif between Garland, Ja, and White and prefer getting the extra assets. It's really hard to know.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They may not see a big dif between Garland, Ja, and White and prefer getting the extra assets. It's really hard to know.

Maybe. Bottom line someone needs to draft Culver for the Suns to have a chance at White.

I think the Suns would have a huge market to trade down if Garland is there at #6.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe. Bottom line someone needs to draft Culver for the Suns to have a chance at White.

I think the Suns would have a huge market to trade down if Garland is there at #6.

I don't want white - I am praying someone takes him before the suns.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't you think it's funny that virtually the entire NBA world thinks of Coby White than Suns fans do?

Not really. The entire world loved lonzo ball, they loved sam bowie, they loved Markelle Fultz, Josh Jackson, they loved andrew wiggens, Dragan Bender was rated highly etc.

I know what my eyes see, Coby White is never going to be an all-star level player - he will be lucky to ever hold down a starting job.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not really. The entire world loved lonzo ball, they loved sam bowie, they loved Markelle Fultz, Josh Jackson, they loved andrew wiggens, Dragan Bender was rated highly etc.

I know what my eyes see, Coby White is never going to be an all-star level player - he will be lucky to ever hold down a starting job.

From what I see, I don't think White will be an all-star level player, but I think he can be a good starting point guard.....

Hmmm....I'm talking myself into wanting him now LOL.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not overwhelmingly in favor of any of the possible players at #6, but I'm leaning Coby White at this point.

I also have some interest in Brandon Clarke, and count me as one who doesn't care if we pick him at 6 or trade back. The 6 is worth so little right now--it's hard to pigeonhole a player like Clarke who may not be "worth" that draft slot.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From what I see, I don't think White will be an all-star level player, but I think he can be a good starting point guard.....

Hmmm....I'm talking myself into wanting him now LOL.

Garland is twice the prospect, the fact the suns are refusing to even consider him infuriates me.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not overwhelmingly in favor of any of the possible players at #6, but I'm leaning Coby White at this point.

I also have some interest in Brandon Clarke, and count me as one who doesn't care if we pick him at 6 or trade back. The 6 is worth so little right now--it's hard to pigeonhole a player like Clarke who may not be "worth" that draft slot.

It's worth more than you think. Hunter, Culver, Garland, and White all have highish value - 2 of those guys are going to be there.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Garland is twice the prospect, the fact the suns are refusing to even consider him infuriates me.
They are? Where did you hear that?

I heard just yesterday that we did indeed bring him in for a private workout--it was the first time it was even talked about.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's worth more than you think. Hunter, Culver, Garland, and White all have highish value - 2 of those guys are going to be there.
Um, the way people are talking about those prospects, even on this board, tells me it's barely worth the effort.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are? Where did you hear that?

I heard just yesterday that we did indeed bring him in for a private workout--it was the first time it was even talked about.

Gambo is saying under no circumstance will they draft him - says we will trade down if he is on the board.

He says our preferred picks are in this order - White, Hunter, Culver - which is the exact opposite order I would have those 3.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Gambo is saying under no circumstance will they draft him - says we will trade down if he is on the board.

He says our preferred picks are in this order - White, Hunter, Culver - which is the exact opposite order I would have those 3.
Yeah and some other media guy is saying our preference is Garland, White, Culver. Do you actually believe Gambo?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is an interesting draft for me. The only way I’m mad is if we could draft Zion and/or morant and we either pass or don’t do the trade for them. Otherwise I’m good with any of the prospects. But not because I like them all. Because I am not excited about any of them, so who cares which we get. I’ll just be hopeful whomever it is turns into a good player.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Gambo has been shutting down every possible out come of everything, I don't trust one thing he's saying right now all smokescreen

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is an interesting draft for me. The only way I’m mad is if we could draft Zion and/or morant and we either pass or don’t do the trade for them. Otherwise I’m good with any of the prospects. But not because I like them all. Because I am not excited about any of them, so who cares which we get. I’ll just be hopeful whomever it is turns into a good player.
That's pretty much where I'm at, I'm MUCH more interested in what the trade market and free agency nets us. I'm frankly tired of having young guys that we "hope" work out well for us. Think about it--between the year we draft Booker and last summer with Ayton/Bridges, we have NOTHING good to show for it. Nothing at all. That's like 4 years and we don't even have a decent player or asset to trade from those 4 years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gambo has been shutting down every possible out come of everything, I don't trust one thing he's saying right now all smokescreen
That’s because the suns are going to do nothing other than draft whomever falls to their two picks and call it an offseason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's pretty much where I'm at, I'm MUCH more interested in what the trade market and free agency nets us. I'm frankly tired of having young guys that we "hope" work out well for us. Think about it--between the year we draft Booker and last summer with Ayton/Bridges, we have NOTHING good to show for it. Nothing at all. That's like 4 years and we don't even have a decent player or asset to trade from those 4 years.
Man that’s bleak.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

To me this is just not a good way to look at things.

Where did the suns get all three of their core players - the draft.

The draft is the most likely way the team will improve. Yes, the track record hasn't been great, but it is more likely we get a good to great player in the draft than through free agency.

Just because the team did not win a ton of games last year does not mean the draft failed us - on the contrary we have Ayton and Bridges for a minimum of the next 4 years, and most likely a lot longer than that. Nobody starts off great as a rookie - even luka did not lead Dallas to wins. Anthony Davis had worse stats than Ayton as a rookie. To me you are just saying I am impatient. That's fine, but it doesn't change anything.

The draft is still critical for the suns to dig themselves out of the hole they are in.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To me this is just not a good way to look at things.

Where did the suns get all three of their core players - the draft.

The draft is the most likely way the team will improve. Yes, the track record hasn't been great, but it is more likely we get a good to great player in the draft than through free agency.

Just because the team did not win a ton of games last year does not mean the draft failed us - on the contrary we have Ayton and Bridges for a minimum of the next 4 years, and most likely a lot longer than that. Nobody starts off great as a rookie - even luka did not lead Dallas to wins. Anthony Davis had worse stats than Ayton as a rookie. To me you are just saying I am impatient. That's fine, but it doesn't change anything.

The draft is still critical for the suns to dig themselves out of the hole they are in.
Not the #6 pick in a historically weak draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard