Draft Grades

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's next year's draft we need to get an A in. It will be hard to blow it, but one never knows with the Cards.
I'll addend that we need to get an A without considering future draft capital gained. If we don't do that--and, more realistically it needs to be an A+ under those circumstances--we aren't competing in 2024.

Reactions: TRW

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll addend that we need to get an A without considering future draft capital gained. If we don't do that--and, more realistically it needs to be an A+ under those circumstances--we aren't competing in 2024.
You can only push the "future" so far. Pretty much every year in the past decade it seems to be "next year we will have "x" number of millions of cap space". Year in and year out that seems to be the mantra.

Some day, some way, the "future" needs to be NOW. At least, IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You can only push the "future" so far. Pretty much every year in the past decade it seems to be "next year we will have "x" number of millions of cap space". Year in and year out that seems to be the mantra.

Some day, some way, the "future" needs to be NOW. At least, IMO.
I'll say now as in next season, but yes. I've heard people talk about always trading down (never getting the top talent), trading back every single season to get a 1st-rounder ever single season (just fantasy land stuff), that we can't be competitive for a couple of years, and other viewpoints. I just want to ask a question from Spaceballs: "When's it going to be "now" now?"

Reactions: TRW

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Four weeks in....

The Athletic posted an article on their "Early All-Rookie Team" today. Snippets:

Wide receiver: Puka Nacua, Rams; Tank Dell, Texans; Zay Flowers, Ravens​

Honorable mention: Marvin Mims Jr., Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, Michael Wilson, Jayden Reed, Trey Palmer, Rashee Rice, Ronnie Bell, Dontayvion Wicks

Offensive line: Dawand Jones, Browns; Jarrett Patterson, Texans; Steve Avila, Rams; Matthew Bergeron, Falcons; Paris Johnson Jr., Cardinals

Honorable mention: O’Cyrus Torrence, Darnell Wright, Cody Mauch, Chandler Zavala, John Michael Schmitz Jr., Anton Harrison, Joe Tippmann, Peter Skoronski, Atonio Mafi

Cornerback: Christian Gonzalez, Patriots; Devon Witherspoon, Seahawks; Emmanuel Forbes, Commanders​

Honorable mention: Jakorian Bennett, Deonte Banks, Kei’Trel Clark, DJ Turner, Tyrique Stevenson

I did want to shout out Clark, an honorable mention, who’s leading all defensive rookies in snaps played (272) by a healthy margin and has yet to allow a touchdown for the Cardinals. — Brugler