Dr. Seuss' The Grinch

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes. It’s the best version. It’s a classic regardless if you like it or not. Plus I am pretty sure if listed all the movies I love you would be stuck watching Mac and Me.

Just because that’s my favorite version doesn’t mean I don’t love the original too. Too bad you can’t watch it anymore. [emoji23]

Just because you say it is? Bwahahaha!

Jim Carey dancing around in fugly makeup yelling "Somebody's fabulous!" *shudder* Ah, the crappy movies you'll deign (and pay!) to watch to get with a beautiful woman lol

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because you say it is? Bwahahaha!

Jim Carey dancing around in fugly makeup yelling "Somebody's fabulous!" *shudder* Ah, the crappy movies you'll deign (and pay!) to watch to get with a beautiful woman lol

Uh no not because I say so. It was a box office hit and I don't control streaming, broadcasts or anything else that makes it popular even today. Do you honestly think it would be shown everywhere if it wasn't popular still today?

Ratings last Christmas would seem to disagree with you. It helped solidify NBC last year to second in the targeted demo only behind a basketball game.

https://www.thewrap.com/the-grinch-nbc-nba-abc-christmas-ratings/

You don't like it. We get it. It must be everywhere still because Stout says it sucks. :rolleyes:

There are lots of movies in history that were not "critically rated high" but are classics today.

It's only the second highest grossing Christmas movie in the last 40 years. :lmao: It's only behind Home Alone.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=christmas.htm

But you know....cuz Stout say so.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We agree on that much. I just have a hard time believing those kids are actually alive. They literally look like animated corpses to me.

I believe they were still experimenting with motion capture but what gets me is the DEAD EYES. That actually is the most creepy part of it. Some aspects of the animation were actually pretty good. Others.....terrible.

I do remember watching the train part when it was rushing down the mountain in 3D. That and the snow effects in 3D were pretty cool.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's A Wonderful Life
A Christmas Carol(Alister Simm version)
Miracle on 34th Street-original
Home Alone
The Santa Clause
The Polar Express
White Christmas
A Christmas Story
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Scrooged

Just to name a few. The live action Grinch isn't even in the same ballpark as these movies.
Wtf? Where’s Elf?!?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Uh no not because I say so. It was a box office hit and I don't control streaming, broadcasts or anything else that makes it popular even today. Do you honestly think it would be shown everywhere if it wasn't popular still today?

Ratings last Christmas would seem to disagree with you. It helped solidify NBC last year to second in the targeted demo only behind a basketball game.

https://www.thewrap.com/the-grinch-nbc-nba-abc-christmas-ratings/

You don't like it. We get it. It must be everywhere still because Stout says it sucks. :rolleyes:

There are lots of movies in history that were not "critically rated high" but are classics today.

It's only the second highest grossing Christmas movie in the last 40 years. :lmao: It's only behind Home Alone.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=christmas.htm

But you know....cuz Stout say so.

It wasn't just the critics that crushed it; less than 60 percent of the viewers liked it, too. Michael Bay movies are still popular and still shown everywhere, and they certainly aren't classics. And neither is this one. Because, you know, I say so :)

The movie got me laid--a good lay, too--and I'm not sure it was worth it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't just the critics that crushed it; less than 60 percent of the viewers liked it, too. Michael Bay movies are still popular and still shown everywhere, and they certainly aren't classics. And neither is this one. Because, you know, I say so :)

The movie got me laid--a good lay, too--and I'm not sure it was worth it.

At the time Wizard of Oz wasn’t a hit with critics or fans. Same with Willy Wonka etc. Fans sometimes attach to things to make them classics even if critics, fans and/or box office wasn’t great or a combo of any of those scenarios.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/59990/11-beloved-movies-were-box-office-flops

If it wasn’t poplar with people people wouldn’t tune in like last years ratings indicated. I read somewhere it’s one of the most streamed movies at Christmas time. You can’t say that about Bay films. By the way some of Bay’s films were boosted by overseas markets and I don’t see them at the top of streaming lists or broadcast yearly to get top ratings for a network. Apples to oranges.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What?!? Now THATS’s a classic. And HILARIOUS. I have honestly never met a soul that didn’t like it. See it. Now. Tonight. Do it.

I was literally just going to post the only way you don't like this movie is either you've got no soul or literally zero sense of humor.

the movie's got everything. Easily Ferrel's best movie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson