Dortch has been tendered…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
In the Cardinals offense, it’s necessary that WR’s can block. Pascal is a very good ST player & the guy can block.
Pascal is a nothing burger. He gave us nothing last year. He'll give us nothing next year. What good is a receiver who can't catch passes? Dead giveaway that we aren't throwing, then, if our "run-blocking only WR" is in the game. He needs to go.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because it should be irrelevant for a player like Pascal. You want your ST players younger and cheaper. Like, bottom of the roster and crazy to stay on the roster cheap.
I forgot about his contract cost, I apologize sincerely.

Geez, I should know better but yet again, I have you:)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Because it should be irrelevant for a player like Pascal. You want your ST players younger and cheaper. Like, bottom of the roster and crazy to stay on the roster cheap.
I was on board with Pascal when I thought he might get you 40 catches like he has previously.

Right now he's a prime cut candidate since a motivated UDFA can essentially fill his job.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was on board with Pascal when I thought he might get you 40 catches like he has previously.

Right now he's a prime cut candidate since a motivated UDFA can essentially fill his job.
Not to mention it's a great draft to double dip wr...and if we have a couple rookies it makes no sense to waste snaps on an unproductive vet

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I disagree he's a prime cut candidate (what are you going to do with the money anyway?), but he definitely suxxxxx as a pass catcher.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I disagree he's a prime cut candidate (what are you going to do with the money anyway?), but he definitely suxxxxx as a pass catcher.
You can save almost $2 million cutting him. Almost a guarantee he's gone if there is more than one new receiver added.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can save almost $2 million cutting him. Almost a guarantee he's gone if there is more than one new receiver added.
Since the cap only counts thr top 51 contracts, Pascal cap hit is $2.64 million. When all is said and done, #51 will count about $1.1 million against the cap, so you're only saving about $1.54 cap money, plus $750k in dead money. Cutting him only about $790k in cap space.

I'm surprised we have 63 players under contract.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So? What are we going to do with that money this year with no one to re-sign and a meager FA market? We have plenty of cap space.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep ignoring ST play?
Is there ANY tangible evidence to support that he’s a good ST player? Or is that just what people say about a guy who has absolutely zero measurable stats to justify his existence on the roster?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there ANY tangible evidence to support that he’s a good ST player? Or is that just what people say about a guy who has absolutely zero measurable stats to justify his existence on the roster?
Not saying this is the case, but sometimes guys like this exist purely for practice and scout team. Some zero measurable guys have a role. No clue about him though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying this is the case, but sometimes guys like this exist purely for practice and scout team. Some zero measurable guys have a role. No clue about him though.
I def believe there are guys like that on teams, but that doesn’t strike at the heart of the argument that he’s a good STer, either.