Does T. Jone have any trade value?

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
I know Graves said TJ is welcome back but if they decide to sign Emmitt there is no room for TJ. Seeing that Terry Glenn was only worth a sixth round pick that makes me think he has no trade value.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Send him to the Raiders for the Raiderettes.

I think we'll probably try to package him in a draft day deal or something. He won't be here next year.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T Jones could join Alf, Terry Bradshaw, Mike Piazza, and Carrot-Top doing commercials for calling collect. <RIMSHOT!> :D

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Yeah, we should have tagged... :D ... oh, wait. Jones. Right! No value what-so-ever is my guess. Doesn't mean he'll never be a good one, just no value, trade wise, to us.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
T Jones could join Alf, Terry Bradshaw, Mike Piazza, and Carrot-Top doing commercials for calling collect. <RIMSHOT!> :D

Your sick Brian! Are you trying to maim the poor guy for life!? No phone commercials. I see a strong career in marketing pillows. :D

*Note to self- Get replacement for T.Jones jersey before training camp.*

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He can't be on a commercial about telephone calls, the insurance would be to high because of his history with injuries and phones :D

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
The Rams got a 4th for Trung Canidate...why does Jones have no value...He is much better than Canidate...and he is cap freindly...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we'll probably try to package him in a draft day deal or something. He won't be here next year.
That's my hope. This year's draft is the weakest in years with regard to RB's. Even McGahey is saying that if they don't draft him high enough, he won't sign a contract. Maybe we can get lucky.

We can all hope and pray that, indeed: PT Barnum was right. But I wouldn't bet the store on it.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jones has no value because he stinks! He got the job handed to him three years in a row and lost it three years in a row, the last time to an undrafted RB! Look what Jones did last season -vs- what Shipp did.

He has NO value. The Cards will have to keep him or cut him June 1.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
That's my hope. This year's draft is the weakest in years with regard to RB's. Even McGahey is saying that if they don't draft him high enough, he won't sign a contract. Maybe we can get lucky.

We can all hope and pray that, indeed: PT Barnum was right. But I wouldn't bet the store on it.

McGahee sure has some balls. Blows out the knee bad and still enters the draft. Now says he won't sign if he isn't drafted high enough? Insanity.

IMO Jones does have some value but nothing too high. I think the Cards could get a 7th rounder or maybe a 6th rounder. There is a team out there who would roll the dice and give up a 6th for Jones.

He is the wrong back for this offense. This offense is built for a battering ram back and Jones is a scat type back.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Originally posted by TRW
Jones has no value because he stinks! He got the job handed to him three years in a row and lost it three years in a row, the last time to an undrafted RB! Look what Jones did last season -vs- what Shipp did.

He has NO value. The Cards will have to keep him or cut him June 1.
........You should be comparing Jones to Canidate whom the Rams got a 4th for....this is the problem with our assests as a team....we would rather give them away than say :idea: ......maybe explore who might want them...or who might see a value in a TJ....if indeed we don't bring him back. If Canidate can garner some pedestrian return...plus a 4th then I say Jones...who is way better could get us at least that...and you also don't just give away Homerun hitters in this league...especially when they have something to prove.....

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
In all fairness I believe that was said about McGahee, which he flat out denied. I'm kinda quoting here...

"I can't wait to get drafted and will play for whoever drafts me, I can't wait to play in the NFL, I will not sit out a year.....blah, blah, blah, blah"

Or words to that effect.

That was recent.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not going to speculate what trade value he has.

But remember he did have a 237 or whatever yard rushing game last year.

It IS NOT inconceivable that SOME GM might be willing to take a trade, especially considering there are very few RB's available..in free agency, or draft, and he isn't going to be a cap breaker.

This may be the best year to trade him considering the above, although his value??????I don't know

Last two 200 yard runners in one game for cardinals

Thomas Jones 237 (roughly)
Le 'who' Johnson 221 (roughly)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will PT Barnum be Right?

It IS NOT inconceivable that SOME GM might be willing to take a trade,
Confucious say - It only takes one GM who loves him...

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
i think he is worth keeping if we cant get anything better than a 5th round pick. I think he played pretty well until he hurt his ankle. He had like 75 yds with a bad ankle against a strong charger defense. I like shipp but i think jones is a better backup than anderson.