Does anyone else find it it odd.....

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly, not concerned with this at all. If you think about the context (prior relationship with fam/recruiting) and the fact that he *thought Ward did not stay in bounds on the play, it pretty much sums up the pat on the back (atta boy, I always knew you had the skills, maybe next one). Although in hindsight, had it been originally called a TD, the whole board would explode if Kliff followed through with the same actions (which, in my mind, he wouldn't have done).

Here's what I DO HAVE A PROBLEM with. Kliff's seemingly laid back attitude resonates throughout the whole team, especially the D. We've got guys like PP and our linebackers dabbing the opposing team up seemingly multiple times during the game. Go back and watch the game film. Do you think Aaron Donald or Jalen Ramsey will laugh with the opposing team while we're in the middle of a playoff fight? Did we ever see this during the Legion of Boom's heyday, where their whole premise was intimidation and striking fear in the opposing O?

We need Dockett-like players with an all out attitude that doesn't give an eff about the other team until the clock strikes zero. Give me 100 Byron Murphy's who will hound you all game (even if he is subpar sometimes on coverage) and will talk smack about your grandmother. This whole buddy-buddy thing is driving me insane.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember many posters in this board saying we shouldn’t even be cordial to other fans when they are in Our stadium.... saying we should make it miserable so they don’t want to come back that we’re too nice.... Now some think it’s ok to celebrate with the other team scoring on you with your HC in your own house..... lol
You're exactly right. I had no idea KK did that? Save it for after the game. I would've found it strange had I saw it during the game. I've never watched another HC do that during a tight game, especially run all the way down the sideline to do it, after he just scored on yo ass lol.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're exactly right. I had no idea KK did that? Save it for after the game. I would've found it strange had I saw it during the game. I've never watched another HC do that during a tight game, especially run all the way down the sideline to do it, after he just scored on yo ass lol.

yep it’s super bizarre

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, not concerned with this at all. If you think about the context (prior relationship with fam/recruiting) and the fact that he *thought Ward did not stay in bounds on the play, it pretty much sums up the pat on the back (atta boy, I always knew you had the skills, maybe next one). Although in hindsight, had it been originally called a TD, the whole board would explode if Kliff followed through with the same actions (which, in my mind, he wouldn't have done).

Here's what I DO HAVE A PROBLEM with. Kliff's seemingly laid back attitude resonates throughout the whole team, especially the D. We've got guys like PP and our linebackers dabbing the opposing team up seemingly multiple times during the game. Go back and watch the game film. Do you think Aaron Donald or Jalen Ramsey will laugh with the opposing team while we're in the middle of a playoff fight? Did we ever see this during the Legion of Boom's heyday, where their whole premise was intimidation and striking fear in the opposing O?

We need Dockett-like players with an all out attitude that doesn't give an eff about the other team until the clock strikes zero. Give me 100 Byron Murphy's who will hound you all game (even if he is subpar sometimes on coverage) and will talk smack about your grandmother. This whole buddy-buddy thing is driving me insane.
Ramsey does it quite a bit. So does Sherman. I don’t know about Donald. Byron has also dapped up opponents mid-game as well, lol.

These dudes are still friends, brothers, & got love for one another at the end of the day. It might just be only football to folks on here, but not to the guys actually playing the game. They still want to see each other prosper & have a good time while doing it.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
He was recruiting him for us for next year lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel ya but I think there is something between those two which goes beyond football and probably something tied to the family of Ward which is bigger than football because I agree that was un... now if he would have ran across to congratulate a guy who just lite one of our players up on a game changing defensive play, I would be tad disgruntle lol
Before and after the game appropriate. When he just scored on you in a crucial game, not so much. How much does your team appreciate that?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, I think KK was already down in that area, near the LOS, so it's not like he ran endzone to endzone...but more to your point, you see opposing player make great plays, going out of bounds into the other teams sideline all the time and coaches help them up, slap their butts, whatever and congratulate them. Really much ado about nothing, regardless of any previous relationship, IMO.

this was not that

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap people will find the tickiest tackiest things to criticize Kingsbury about...

they’ll also bend over backwards to defend him.

come on Krang, this absolutely is NOT a BIG deal, but to not be able to admit it’s a little weird seeing your head coach smiling and fist bumping with the opponent who just scored a TD against his own team in the heat of the playoff race, is defensive in the extreme.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The polarization on this board is ridiculous. Some hate KK no matter what he does (the Harry’s of the world), some will fluff him for whatever he does (cardcub).

this feels like one of those moments from his fluffers. Congratulating any player on the opposing team that has just scored a TD in a close MUST WIN playoff game just seems stupid and unfocused.

It’s okay to criticize the guy you support every once in a while... same way it’s okay to give credit to a guy you don’t support when it’s merited.

promise doing so won’t kill you.
Also, how does that make your player, Peterson, feel after he just got burnt? It’s so lacking in self-awareness that it fully cements why he’s so bad at situational football and clock management.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll never understand why people can’t just say... “yeah, that’s weird” and just move on.

The pretzeling defense of this is actually weirder than the action taken in the first place and just one more example of what’s wrong in this country. People refuse to give AN INCH about anything.

(says the guy who’s admittedly been going back and forth with @daves in that Tie-Breaker thread. Watch and learn folks... this isn’t that hard. Dave, I was overly harsh there and being a douche. I just think you’re trying to wish something into existence in that last week because it looks like there’s a good chance we’re gonna have to win and doing so at a full Rams team is the tallest of order for us).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They didn’t and it wasn’t.

But very convenient that your “evidence” can’t actually be presented.
Lol. This is an argument where neither side has any actual insight. You don’t either. What most of us that have played the game believe is that, yeah, it’s a problem. I know if either my high school or college coaches would’ve done something like this they would’ve lost their entire teams. I would guarantee it in both cases.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We're not in a court of law, nobody is saying they have evidence of anything. But in the context of nanner nanner, nor do you.

It was just brought up in the context of "I find it odd". Some will agree and some won't. As an FOG I find it odd in that old school dudes would never do that, now the younger generation might find it appropriate. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. It's just an opinion.
Nope, they’re wrong.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll never understand why people can’t just say... “yeah, that’s weird” and just move on.

The pretzeling defense of this is actually weirder than the action taken in the first place and just one more example of what’s wrong in this country. People refuse to give AN INCH about anything.

(says the guy who’s admittedly been going back and forth with @daves in that Tie-Breaker thread. Watch and learn folks... this isn’t that hard. Dave, I was overly harsh there and being a douche. I just think you’re trying to wish something into existence in that last week because it looks like there’s a good chance we’re gonna have to win and doing so at a full Rams team is the tallest of order for us).

this 100x over great post cheese

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one said he has to be a Dick, but maybe don’t openly root for your opponent MID-GAME. There’s a lot of distance between the two.
Before and after the game appropriate. When he just scored on you in a crucial game, not so much. How much does your team appreciate that?
Also, how does that make your player, Peterson, feel after he just got burnt? It’s so lacking in self-awareness that it fully cements why he’s so bad at situational football and clock management.
this was not that
Again that’s different. Fitz doesn’t run down the field and congratulate the opponent during the game.

:notworthy:

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Does any one have the all 22 of this play?

@Shane are you sure he ran down to dab Ward or did he run down the sideline to yell at the ref that Ward didn't have two feet down and the pass was incomplete? Then he dabbed ward after the ref gave the incomplete signal.

Reaction score
When your HC in the middle of a close hard fought game that your team is trying to win? Makes a point to go all the way down the sideline and dab a WR in celebration/congratulate after he scores a TD on your team? Seems odd to me and not something I would think your players or fans want to see???? I don’t care if he knows him and has a “recruiting history” or not it should be saved for after the game at midfield. If they are that close that’s what ore game and post game is for. I’m sure they hugged it out.

You must be registered for see images attach
Yes this was a f ing disgrace

Reaction score
When your HC in the middle of a close hard fought game that your team is trying to win? Makes a point to go all the way down the sideline and dab a WR in celebration/congratulate after he scores a TD on your team? Seems odd to me and not something I would think your players or fans want to see???? I don’t care if he knows him and has a “recruiting history” or not it should be saved for after the game at midfield. If they are that close that’s what ore game and post game is for. I’m sure they hugged it out.

You must be registered for see images attach
Great point
Do you think bill bellichik does that?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson