Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I literally can't stand 1Suns constant negative comments in every damn thread

It's the same 5 comments over and over and over on every page

1Sun, you are acting like a troll. You have been banned for a month before

State your opinion once. If someone is talking to you then fine answer.

Volume is not content

lol. He is kinda one note.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I literally can't stand 1Suns constant negative comments in every damn thread

It's the same 5 comments over and over and over on every page

1Sun, you are acting like a troll. You have been banned for a month before

State your opinion once. If someone is talking to you then fine answer.

Volume is not content

Fair enough. Sorry.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So if I am reading right, if we finish the trade it may indicate we can bring back who we had last year. If we wait to finalize the trade that means we would be addding more from the outside.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So if I am reading right, if we finish the trade it may indicate we can bring back who we had last year. If we wait to finalize the trade that means we would be addding more from the outside.
And likely not bringing back at least a few of our rotation players from last year.

Sounds to me like the option is either pool up about 18m to sign 1 good player and lose depth or keep all our depth and add players from the outside for 9m and 3m.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Correct... and the trade is officially complete so we have rights to Baynes and Saric, as well as exceptions of 9.3 million and 3.6 million.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Correct... and the trade is complete so we have rights to Baynes and Saric, as well as exceptions of 9.3 million and 3.6 million.

Could this put a sign-and-trade of Baynes in play? I thought the Suns had already renounced him.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
Could this put a sign-and-trade of Baynes in play? I thought the Suns had already renounced him.
Not sure on the sign and trade rules, but we haven’t renounced him.

this is where I got the info from:

https://arizonasports.com/story/245...-top-tier-help-pushes-suns-into-win-now-mode/

“With that in mind, Phoenix has the full room midlevel exception of $9.3 million and the biannual exception of $3.6 million at its disposal, along with the ability to go over the cap by re-signing unrestricted free agent Aron Baynes and restricted free agent Dario Saric.”

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Something that hasn't been brought up is that we now have a legit defender in one of the guard spots. Now with Mikel, CP and Ayton, we have 3 good defenders. That's huge and means we won't have to worry as much about Devin Booker's lack of defensive skill.
Oh trust me, Paul’s defense has been on my mind plenty!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What other all NBA Team players could we get for Rubio, Oubre, and a middling first rounder?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just a fact that Paul was a top 20 NBA player last year.

So he regresses and he is still far and away the best player in the trade.

He immediately is the 2nd best player on the Sun's and even that is debatable if we are being honest

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
From what I'm hearing, possibly Russell Westbrook and James Harden...
Westbrook... maybe, but he will be an awful fit next to Booker. Harden for that package?... I guarantee you aren’t “hearing” that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And then look at the record of teams the year after he leaves. The only one that didn't get significantly worse was Houston, but that is because they still had Harden and replaced Paul with Westbrook.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing, possibly Russell Westbrook and James Harden...

Westbrook maybe but honestly I would way rather have Paul. Westbrook is too ball dominant for this team.

Harden is picking where he wants to go. Just like the All NBA player that picked us

We are the guy that hasn't scored in years upset cause an 8 is willing to call it a night rather than the 10 at the bar

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about this. Don't get me wrong. A healthy Chris Paul is an improvement over Rubio. However, the Suns once again are the team where FHOF players come to die. It's the Suns M.O. We can't get them to come here until they are on the way out.

The Suns gave up plenty. They get a 24 year old Oubre and Rubio which IMO was enough for a rent a player for a couple seasons. You don't make a move like this unless the plan is to WIN NOW. Plus we included a 2022 first round pick which means the it hampers what the Suns can do with the picks around that one (you can't trade back to back 1st round picks).

Let's get real, even FHOF players at this age rarely results in a title. It's happened with Tim Duncan, Ray Allen, Kidd and Rodman off the top of my head. Those teams were much better than the Suns IMO and the vast majority of the time it doesn't work out.

Having said that? I still don't see major free agents lining up to come here and the only way this team has a shot is through slowly building through the draft or making trades like this. I guess no risk no reward but I would have been so much more excited had this been CP3 from a few years ago verses now. The good news is that 17.6 points and 6.7 assists is nothing to scoff at by a long shot from a PG.

P.S. The Thunder are showing the league how to setup your team for potentially long term success through the draft. Sam Presti has managed to accumulate 16 first-round picks over the next seven drafts after this trade.

:jawdrop:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about this. Don't get me wrong. A healthy Chris Paul is an improvement over Rubio. However, the Suns once again are the team where FHOF players come to die. It's the Suns M.O. We can't get them to come here until they are on the way out.

The Suns gave up plenty. They get a 24 year old Oubre and Rubio which IMO was enough for a rent a player for a couple seasons. You don't make a move like this unless the plan is to WIN NOW. Plus we included a 2022 first round pick which means the it hampers what the Suns can do with the picks around that one (you can't trade back to back 1st round picks).

Let's get real, even FHOF players at this age rarely results in a title. It's happened with Tim Duncan, Ray Allen, Kidd and Rodman off the top of my head. Those teams were much better than the Suns IMO and the vast majority of the time it doesn't work out.

Having said that? I still don't see major free agents lining up to come here and the only way this team has a shot is through slowly building through the draft or making trades like this. I guess no risk no reward but I would have been so much more excited had this been CP3 from a few years ago verses now. The good news is that 17.6 points and 6.7 assists is nothing to scoff at by a long shot from a PG.

P.S. The Thunder are showing the league how to setup your team for potentially long term success through the draft. Sam Presti has managed to accumulate 16 first-round picks over the next seven drafts after this trade.

:jawdrop:
Actually I think this trade makes it 17. If you just hit .333 you’ve likely got a good young team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was 2nd team all NBA and an all star last year and people are acting like he is trash

I really haven't seen much of that here, even from the small group of us that were against the trade. Regardless, he's coming and I'm sure we're all hoping for the best from him.