Do you have a question about the Cardinals? Ask Dave Pasch Here!

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Re: Question for Dave

Originally posted by Garthshort
Dave, I know the team keeps saying that Josh Mc K will be the starting QB, but then Neil O'Donnell becomes a salary cap casualty. Do you think that the Cards should/will make him an offer?

I don't see it right now. They like Josh and Preston both.

MAKTEN

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Dave!

With his talent what do you foresee as Damien Anderson's role with the team this year as our third string back. Assuming Smith/Shipp stay healthy how will he be used?

Thanks for taking the time to answer...

GO CARDS

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Re: Hi Dave!

Originally posted by MAKTEN
With his talent what do you foresee as Damien Anderson's role with the team this year as our third string back. Assuming Smith/Shipp stay healthy how will he be used?

Thanks for taking the time to answer...

GO CARDS

Anderson will play on special teams, and could see time as a third down back.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by red desert
Dave -

What are your thoughts on the Cards lack of urgency in not pursuing Marco Coleman?

It appears that most teams are waiting until next week, when vested veterans salaries for the season will no longer be guaranteed. Anyone that signs this week gets guaranteed money, even if cut during the season. There is some concern that signing a guy like Coleman, who might be only good for 1 season, may force them to cut Dennis Johnson. They don't think much of Johnson right now, but he's a third round pick, and only in his second year. They don't want to make the same mistake they made with Darwin Walker. Still, I don't think the Cardinals are done with changes, but probably nothing until next week.

Dave

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Dave -

Do you know if Sully plans to platoon wideouts in games, or even through the first quarter of the season, to see who's the "hot hand," or are we looking at Gilmore and Foster for the next seventeen weeks?

Thanks in advance!

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dave-

Thanks for answering all of our questions we really appreciate it!!!

I was wondering why Kasper is not one of our starting receivers? He is the lowest guy on the depth chart and all he seems to do is make plays, in the preseason and last year. Also if we do pick up Jenkins is Kasper cut?! I think McCaddley should be the first cut but according to the depth chart he is ahead of Kasper. The depth chart just doesn't make any sense to me...

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dave,

I was wondering if you feel that Dave McGinnis' job is in immediate jeopardy if the Cardinals start the season off poorly.

Last edited:

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
Dave -

Do you know if Sully plans to platoon wideouts in games, or even through the first quarter of the season, to see who's the "hot hand," or are we looking at Gilmore and Foster for the next seventeen weeks?

Thanks in advance!

No, I think you'll see a lot of different receivers. They need to get a feel for what each one can do in a game situation. They will have special plays in for each guy too. In particular, Johnson and Boldin.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCardfan
Dave-

Thanks for answering all of our questions we really appreciate it!!!

I was wondering why Kasper is not one of our starting receivers? He is the lowest guy on the depth chart and all he seems to do is make plays, in the preseason and last year. Also if we do pick up Jenkins is Kasper cut?! I think McCaddley should be the first cut but according to the depth chart he is ahead of Kasper. The depth chart just doesn't make any sense to me...

Kasper is ahead of McAddley right now, and you're right, he made some plays last year. Still, he's about a #4 or #5 WR. Sorry.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Dave,

I was wondering if you feel that Dave McGinnis' job is in immediate jeopardy if the Cardinals start the season off poorly.

No I don't Ryan. I also think the Cardinals have a great chance to start the season well.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Dave, I still think Kasper could be better than a #4 or #5 though. He seems to have the speed and strength and has good hands, where would he be lacking?! Why would Foster be considered a better prospect then him? Don't really get it but oh well.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave,

What was the locker room like after the Lions game? How did Emmitt handle it?

Thanks,

Mike

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dave, this is from another post on this board and I was wondering what you thought of it and if you felt it was true?!

"Jurecki spoke to some Detroit guys after the game & asked about their game plan. They said that they knew the defensive signals, audibles, & coverage schemes.

Carl Mauck (father of our own Chrissy Mauck & our old OL coach & now Det's line coach) & Matt Joyce said they knew all of the def signals. When MJ asked some Cards people, they said these haven't changed in the past 5-6 years"

Could this possibly be true?! If so do the Cardinals coaches have any plans to change their schemes so other teams won't know what we're going to do?!

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease
Dave,

What was the locker room like after the Lions game? How did Emmitt handle it?

Thanks,

Mike

Nobody is hanging his head. It's too early in the season. Emmitt handled it like you would expect. I think they were pretty upbeat about the execution on offense, but not the penalties.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCardfan
Dave, this is from another post on this board and I was wondering what you thought of it and if you felt it was true?!

"Jurecki spoke to some Detroit guys after the game & asked about their game plan. They said that they knew the defensive signals, audibles, & coverage schemes.

Carl Mauck (father of our own Chrissy Mauck & our old OL coach & now Det's line coach) & Matt Joyce said they knew all of the def signals. When MJ asked some Cards people, they said these haven't changed in the past 5-6 years"

Could this possibly be true?! If so do the Cardinals coaches have any plans to change their schemes so other teams won't know what we're going to do?!

It certainly looked like the Lions knew when and where our blitzes were coming from, because they had the right play called, to the correct side of the field every time. I haven't asked the coaches about whether the Lions were stealing signals.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
Give us your impressions of Ford Field upon your return. Thanks - Keep up the good work!

I thought it was fantastic, except that it doesn't have a retractable roof. I thought it was the second best new stadium I've been to, behind Denver's new facility.

Take care guys. It's only one game. They'll be back.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thanks for replying to my question. Could you ask the coaches or anyone else in the Cardinals organization of importance if it seemed like Detroit knew their game plans to them? It just seems unacceptable to me that they would know all of our packages. I would hope that would change in the future and I hope they recognize that the fans noticed it.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
Review Question

Dave,

Did the officials have the right to use instant replay to determine if there was 1 second left at the end of the 1st half at Detroit (there clearly was)? It seems like they (or the replay official) did not even consider this option (this is used in the NBA & College Hoops all the time)? Why not? Does the replay request have to come from the replay official at just the end of the game, or end of 1st half as well? Why was Coach Mac not more pissed about this screwing? If he runs out there with some Cowher-esque chin fume maybe they at least take a look, or realize they can't continually screw us and get away with it just b/c we are the Cardinals!

Damn that pissed me off!

Thanks for taking your time to answer our questions. It is greatly appreciated.

Dylan

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Re: Review Question

Originally posted by dylanbw
Dave,

Did the officials have the right to use instant replay to determine if there was 1 second left at the end of the 1st half at Detroit (there clearly was)?
Dylan

Dylan, they're not allowed to use instant replay to make that determination. There was nothing Coach Mac could do.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Hi Dave. What do you think are the Cards plans for all the cap money they have available this year? Why didn't they spend more before week 2? Thanks.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dave, just wanted to pass along some props to you for calling a great game even when it was a blow out. That must be difficult at best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn