Do not overlook the 49ers

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I've been saying that. I like their new HC and believe he can start turning it around for them starting this year.

My bold prediction:
2nd in the NFC West and playoffs.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Been saying since the day after the Super Bowl that I would not be surprised if we are battling the 9ers for the West title this season. And, given all the grief caused by Q and Dockett and the wholesale coaching changes, it would not at all surprise me of we lost that battle to the 9ers...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I've been saying that. I like their new HC and believe he can start turning it around for them starting this year.

My bold prediction:
2nd in the NFC West and playoffs.

Nah, the wild cards will come out of the NFC North and East this season. My guess is that the Giants and the Bears snag them.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can't overlook any team.
Gotta admit, I'm rooting for Alex Smith and Shaun Hill to make it. Weird, right?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I certainly don't overlook the 49ers especially with the struggles the Cardinals have had with them over recent years.

Of course, if Rackers could have made that chip shot in '07, Warner would still be undefeated vs. SF(9-1) which is a nice omen.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i doubt they make playoffs, but an 8-8 finish with close losses and 2nd place in nfc west is very possible

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Nah, the wild cards will come out of the NFC North and East this season. My guess is that the Giants and the Bears snag them.
East yes (Philly or New York), but no to the North. The South (Carolina, New Orleans, or Atlanta) probably has a better shot than the north. Either way, a number of great teams will be left out this year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, some folks are buying into it, but I'm not. They still have a pathetic offensive line, no quarterback, a rookie WR coming off of surgery, and a defense with plenty of holes. Yeah, they don't scare me. They won't get to .500 and certainly won't make the playoffs. The year after? Maybe, depending on what kind of progress they make this year and next offseason.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Niners will be better.

But I am sorry, I fail to see how the Cardinals will not win the division this year.

The third year in Whiz's system, and the "whole sale" coaching changes were not as drastic as they are being made out to be.

We lost 2 starters from last year's team, and they have been replaced by better players IMO. And talk to me when teams have an answer for Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston.

And I love how it seems every team in this division is going to be "significantly better" because of their head coach.

I think Whiz has proved his worth and should get a little credit. I think our team will be better next year, and more well rounded. That is a scary thing.

The best thing about it ? Once again, we are quietly sitting in the background again. Written off again. The NFC Champions seem to be all but forgotten.

Fine with me. Advantage Cards.

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score

But I am sorry, I fail to see how the Cardinals will not win the division this year.

The third year in Whiz's system, and the "whole sale" coaching changes were not as drastic as they are being made out to be.

We lost 2 starters from last year's team, and they have been replaced by better players IMO.

Give this man a cigar!

49ers will be a little bit better because of better leadership and a top 10 defense, but they will be schlepping an older Frank Gore with a pathetic o-line. Not to mention that they might as well have one of those ball launchers behind center than one of their QBs.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
We can't overlook any team in the NFL and no division game is ever a gimme' no matter what the records are.

The NFL wants so bad for the 49ers to be good and every year is the the year the 9ers are supposed to win the division and it hasn't materialized yet. Eventually the pundits will be right, but I don't think it will be this year.

Cards should be the favorite to win the division and I think the division overall will be better this year.

Our team will have to bring it every game with their 1st place schedule and the targets on thier backs for being NFC Champions.

My prediction:

Cards 10-6
SF: 8-8
Sea: 8-8
STL: 5-11

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The more I look at our roster.

The more I listen to how our coaches are speaking.

The more I realize Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston, and Urban are all back.

The more I realize the O-Line has yet ANOTHER year together as a unit.

The more I realize Gabe Watson was only at 50% last year.

And more it sinks in that we were NFC Champs last year.

The more I think this team is going to win 12 games. :duckstomato:

I just ask you......Name a team we CANNOT beat in the NFL.

Our schedule is nothing as bad as it was last year. We can beat any one of those teams.

Actually the more I look at that schedule the more excited about the season I am. This might be the first time I look at our schedule, and have the feeling we can play with any of those teams.

I can't wait to play the Vikings again. CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
7-9 last year playing statistically the easiest schedule in the NFL

consider me a skeptic

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9 and 7, not 7 and 9.

I think he was talking about the 49ers that went 7-9, not the Cards that went 9-7 in 2008.

Call me skeptical, Skkorp, but I'm not buying into it. I think the 9'ers do no better than 8-8 this year and we win the division. I'd bet you, but you still owe me a hat from our last bet.

TJ

Reaction score
As I have mentioned before, my conservative estimate is 10-6 for the good guys. 49ers will be three back @ 7-9. Seahawks 6-10 and Rams 4-12

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I look at our roster.

The more I listen to how our coaches are speaking.

The more I realize Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston, and Urban are all back.

The more I realize the O-Line has yet ANOTHER year together as a unit.

The more I realize Gabe Watson was only at 50% last year.

And more it sinks in that we were NFC Champs last year.

The more I think this team is going to win 12 games. :duckstomato:

I just ask you......Name a team we CANNOT beat in the NFL.

Our schedule is nothing as bad as it was last year. We can beat any one of those teams.

Actually the more I look at that schedule the more excited about the season I am. This might be the first time I look at our schedule, and have the feeling we can play with any of those teams.

I can't wait to play the Vikings again. CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!
DAMN SKIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

We lost 2 starters from last year's team, and they have been replaced by better players IMO. And talk to me when teams have an answer for Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston.

And I love how it seems every team in this division is going to be "significantly better" because of their head coach.

I think Whiz has proved his worth and should get a little credit. I think our team will be better next year, and more well rounded. That is a scary thing.

The best thing about it ? Once again, we are quietly sitting in the background again. Written off again. The NFC Champions seem to be all but forgotten.

Fine with me. Advantage Cards.

I agree in theory and am excited for the season as well.

But this is the NFL. The football gods can destroy even the best laid plans.

As long as we have Whisenhunt I feel 5 win season are a thing of the past. But there will be things that happen to every team this season, Cardinals included that we just can't see.

If we remain healthy and get a couple good bounces I like our chances.

And IMO the Seahawks are the team to worry about if we want to worry. I have actually seen their current QB have success.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
They won't win 8 games. No QB, no OL and a certifiable head coach.

I'm more concerned with the (healthy)Seahawks than the 49ers.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The more I look at the 49ers the more I see lack of talent.

ARI
SEA
MIN
STL
ATL
HOU
IND
TEN
CHI
GB
JAC
SEA
ARI
PHI
DET
STL

Where are they going to get wins? They have two games against the Rams and Hawks. They have three non-division losing teams: Lions, Jags, Packers. Jags have restructured their offense (three new tackles, Torry Holt) and got their all-pro CB back. Packers have an amazing offense and rebuilding their defense. Lions are getting overlooked, they have brought in a bunch of good vets seemingly unnoticed. I'll write off the Lions for now, but I have my doubts about them beating the Packers and Jags. They play two fringe wildcard teams: Texans and Bears. Texans are just too much for the 49ers to handle and the Bears run-D will stonewall Gore. They play 6 playoff teams: Cardinals (twice), Vikes, Colts, Eagles, Falcons, Titans. The chances of beating any of them are slim to none.

I see a couple scenarios. If they are as talentless as I think they are, I see 3-5 wins depending on the Seahawks. If they overacheive and beat some of the other losing teams, I see 6-7 wins. For them to be a playoff team they have to beat potential wildcard teams and playoff teams. I don't see it in them to beat the Texans, Bears, Colts, Cards (twice), Vikes, Titans, Falcons, and Eagles. The beatable teams are Bears, Vikes, Colts. The Vikes will beat the 49ers with their speed, look for AD to break off at least a long one and Bly to be scortched all day by Harvin. When it comes to the Colts, the Colts will have problem with established teams and not "next year" teams, I doubt the 49ers will be the Colts simply because of Peyton. That leaves the Bears, but the combo of Cutler-Hester with a punch of Forte will be too much.

7-9 and another season of "Next year they can break out!".

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
WIN @Arizona
WIN @Seattle
LOSS @Minnesota
LOSS VS St. Louis
WIN vs Atlanta
BYE
LOSS @Houston
LOSS @Indianapolis
LOSSvs Tennessee
WIN vs Chicago
WIN @Green Bay
WIN vs Jacksonville
WIN @Seattle
LOSS vs Arizona
WIN @Philadelphia
WIN vs Detroit
WIN @St. Louis

10-6 (3-3) Playoffs as a 6th seed

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I don't think they can top a 7-9 record this year looking at their schedule. They've still got a crappy oline and no clue who will be taking snaps at starting QB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson