DMX a dog fighter?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there was ANY rapper, that I would accuse of dog fighting, it would be him.

That said, I love DMX. Time to go download some more DMX.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liking rap is fine...but the dude has been arrested before for abusing Pit Bulls...

as long as you're illegally downloading his music, I guess I won't complain too much ;)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liking rap is fine...but the dude has been arrested before for abusing Pit Bulls...

as long as you're illegally downloading his music, I guess I won't complain too much ;)

Hahahaaha.

I haven't bought a CD since after my 300 cds or so got stolen right after high school.

To his credit... (for now) no charges have been filed. Same thing happened to Vick though.

Why do these people have what some of us would dream of, do something stupid like dog fighting?

He has been caught several times with driving without a license. How STUPID can you be?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if he isn't charged in this one, he pleaded guilty to it previously (not dogfighting, just neglect/abuse of pit bulls--13 of them). The man is scum.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if he isn't charged in this one, he pleaded guilty to it previously (not dogfighting, just neglect/abuse of pit bulls--13 of them). The man is scum.

Ouch, that's horrible.

Didn't know that.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to know how you get charged with stabbing and shooting your mother and then get cleared of that.

The police must've been like, "Ohhhhhh, not that guy. Phew! You guys almost blew it."

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont forget that Big Boi of Outkast breeds dogs and owns a kennel in Georgia.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMX is prolly my favorite rapper.. I'll wait to see what comes of this.. As far as I know DMX has two homes.. One in his native NY, and the one here in AZ.. DMX loves dogs because they were they only ones he could trust growing up.. He even has a BOOMER tat on his back from his first pitbull that has since died.. If anything he has so many dogs because he lo9ves em so much but hard to care for them.. As of right now they are saying his dog handler is the one to blame because appearently DMX isnt in AZ right now..

But we'll find out..

DMX gives alot to underprivledged people.. He's not the bling bling rapper you see on tv all the time, in fact he denounces the bling..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to know how you get charged with stabbing and shooting your mother and then get cleared of that.

The police must've been like, "Ohhhhhh, not that guy. Phew! You guys almost blew it."

I dunno, but his mom dropped off at a place she described as a camp when he was like 10 only to find out it was a kid prison and she never came back.. Youd have to read his book to understand why dogs became his only friends and why he acts the way he acts... I would give you my copy but I gave it to 100% to read almost three years ago and I havent seen it since lol..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excerpts from azcaentral article: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0824dmx-dogs0825-ON.html

12 pit bulls removed from home of rapper DMX
Judi Villa and Cyrus Karimi
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 24, 2007 05:54 PM

Stacey Richman, a New York attorney who represents Simmons, said the rapper had hired a caretaker to care for the dogs and was not aware until Friday that the employee was only checking on them once a day.

Simmons, 37, is a part-time Valley resident.

The rapper has raised many of the animals since they were puppies and is so devoted to them that he throws them birthday parties, Richman said.

"He loves his animals," Richman said. "He is so committed to them it's ridiculous. They are members of his family."

Deputies found the three dead dogs after digging up the rapper's back yard. Richman said Simmons has owned dogs for years, so it's possible the dead dogs died naturally and were buried.

Word of the animals' conditions was "very upsetting to us," Richman said. "We cannot understand how this can possibly be when we hired someone to care for those animals."

"He's been very public about his love for his animals," Richman said. "He adores them."

His attorny states when they hired someone to care them.. So His attorny was invovled and/or apart of the hiring process for the dogs..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another news report, this time from allhiphop.com: http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/08/24/18478323.aspx

DMX Home Raided; Police Seize 12 Pitbulls, Carcass
Published Friday, August 24, 2007 7:54 PM

By Roman Wolfe
Police in Maricopa County, Arizona raided the home of rapper DMX, removing 12 distressed pitbulls from the rapper's home.

Officers also made a gruesome discovery when they dug up the rapper's backyard, recovering a burned, buried carcass of one of the dogs.

According to reports, police also recovered a large cache of weapons in DMX's home, which is located in Cave Creek.

DMX's attorney Murray Richman said that a neighbor called the police because of the extreme Arizona temperatures the dogs were being subjected to.

He proclaimed DMX's innocence and claimed the rapper has not been at his Cave Creek home for months.

He said that DMX relied on a caretaker to take care of the animals.

In 1999, the rapper was fined and ordered to make a series of anti-animal cruelty PSAs for the Humane Society, after police found 13 pit bulls in his Teaneck, New Jersey home.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So from all the initial reports this is what I take from it.. DMX loves his dogs but was unable to care for them while on tour or making movies.. So to avoid another incident like before him and his attorny got a care taker for the dogs to avoid another incident like before..

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
What a scumbag. Richer than rich bastard "loves" his dogs so much he doesn't even know the condition of them for months.

I'm glad my parents didn't "love" me that much. I'm glad they didn't "love" me so much that CPS would have had to come in my house and remove me. Then my parents would have been all surprised that I wasn't being cared for.

Scum.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a scumbag. Richer than rich bastard "loves" his dogs so much he doesn't even know the condition of them for months.

I'm glad my parents didn't "love" me that much. I'm glad they didn't "love" me so much that CPS would have had to come in my house and remove me. Then my parents would have been all surprised that I wasn't being cared for.

Scum.

Dude, dogs cant talk.. Its not like he can ask to speak to them on the phone.. The care giver was suppose to be doing his job.. He could have asked they guy how his dogs were doing and he lied to him.. The care giver is to blame..

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno, but his mom dropped off at a place she described as a camp when he was like 10 only to find out it was a kid prison and she never came back.. Youd have to read his book to understand why dogs became his only friends and why he acts the way he acts... I would give you my copy but I gave it to 100% to read almost three years ago and I havent seen it since lol..

I was thinking either his mom outright lied or the cops were just bad/crooked. Either way, I'd love to see the rest of that story.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there was ANY rapper, that I would accuse of dog fighting, it would be him.
If any any rapper, DMX would be the one I wouldnt suspect of this.. All the time in his music his shows love for his dogs
Liking rap is fine...but the dude has been arrested before for abusing Pit Bulls

This quote from DMX's attorny says alot..

In 1999, the rapper was fined and ordered to make a series of anti-animal cruelty PSAs for the Humane Society, after police found 13 pit bulls in his Teaneck, New Jersey home.

Thats why he has them in AZ now.. IN 99 he didnt live in AZ.. When came out on tour to AZ he loved it and bought a house.. And it ounds as if he keeps his dogs out here now for the open areas at his AZ home and not in a house as he did before and hired a care giver to them.. Sounds like he learned..

Dont forget that Big Boi of Outkast breeds dogs and owns a kennel in Georgia.

Big Boi does have the kennels but he sells his dogs.. DMX just raises them for himself..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking either his mom outright lied or the cops were just bad/crooked. Either way, I'd love to see the rest of that story.

Im not gonna say one way or the other cuz I wasnt there ovbiously.. But the way his mother treated him as said in his book, I wouldnt be suprised that she lied.. DMX's Grandma took him in and raised him, thats why DMX makes songs about his Grandma..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No more man love for DMX

NO!.. DMX is not the typical rapper that gets drug thru the mud.. He makes songs called "Stop Being Greedy" where talks about give back to your common man and quit buying stupid crap like gold chains and diamonds.. Everyone lumps all rappers into this special lil lump and then call it a day just cuz their a rapper..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if DMX wants to be a dog himself.. He wears a dog chain.. Sometimes he wears a chain with his record on it, but this dog chain he wears the most it seems..

You must be registered for see images

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Dude, dogs cant talk.. Its not like he can ask to speak to them on the phone.. The care giver was suppose to be doing his job.. He could have asked they guy how his dogs were doing and he lied to him.. The care giver is to blame..

DMX is to blame. The dogs belong to him.

If Pits weren't such a ghetto rapper image thing he wouldn't own more than he can take care of.

I can understand a week or two, but the ASPCA or whoever doesn't remove dogs from a home unless the dogs have been neglected for a LONG time. The caretaker can't get away with lying for that long.

Now his lawyer is trying to spin it.

He has been guilty of this before, he learned nothing, obviously doesn't care, and it's happened again.

The sad thing is that the dogs are the one to suffer. Not DMX.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMX is to blame. The dogs belong to him.

If Pits weren't such a ghetto rapper image thing he wouldn't own more than he can take care of.

I can understand a week or two, but the ASPCA or whoever doesn't remove dogs from a home unless the dogs have been neglected for a LONG time. The caretaker can't get away with lying for that long.

Now his lawyer is trying to spin it.

He has been guilty of this before, he learned nothing, obviously doesn't care, and it's happened again.

The sad thing is that the dogs are the one to suffer. Not DMX.

Im not up on all the legistists of it, but your boy just called me pissed off they are trying to do DMX this way.. Weird cuz I just got off the phone with him and this was the main topic he wanted to talk about..

He said the same thing I been saying in this thread.. DMX loves his dogs and this is BS..

Even the news reports are coming back that these dogs are well mannered and not "dog fighting dogs" as the thread insinuates..

Why cant someone who is suppose to do their job in caring for dogs do it or be held responsible? DMX's lawyer seems to in on the hiring process and should know the legalities of it all.. Doesnt add up..