DK Metcalf

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of the fact that we might not have traded for Nuk if DK was on the team?

If it were between DK and Nuk, you know who I'll take 100 times out of 10.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I’m just curious to know at what point do the diehard holdouts on this topic admit that we completely blew that pick?

What additional straw on an already insurmountable pile of of evidence will it take to finally allow you to speak or type the words “we blew it”??

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I’m just curious to know at what point do the diehard holdouts on this topic admit that we completely blew that pick?

What additional straw on an already insurmountable pile of of evidence will it take to finally allow you to speak or type the words “we blew it”??
I doubt anyone would say at this point that we didn't pick the wrong guy. What I will say and maybe some others would agree is that DK looks like a much more can't miss prospect now than he did during the draft.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
The biggest play of the game would have been one that contributed to a Seahag victory. And I couldn't care less about how he plays against other teams.

C’mon bro. That’s like saying the failed 4th down attempt or the missed FG meant nothing because we ended up winning.

That was clearly the biggest play of the of game and one of the most outstanding examples of individual effort of the entire NFL season to this point.

Today was just flat out domination

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
C’mon bro. That’s like saying the failed 4th down attempt or the missed FG meant nothing because we ended up winning.

That was clearly the biggest play of the of game and one of the most outstanding examples of individual effort of the entire NFL season to this point.

It was the best effort play of the game, but I don't know if I would call it the biggest. The play that Baker made to give Metcalf a chance at making that very play was huge as well. In the grand scheme of things I would probably have to call the Simmons interception the biggest play of the game as it literally snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I doubt anyone would say at this point that we didn't pick the wrong guy. What I will say and maybe some others would agree is that DK looks like a much more can't miss prospect now than he did during the draft.

Wouldn’t be so damn egregious had we not taken a guy at the same position that has done absolutely nothing a couple picks before DK. That’s the whole point here.

It’s not like no one including some of us armchair QBs had DK rated way above the guy they took ahead of him. This team does not get an “oh well, who woulda thunk it??” pass when it comes to this.

Top it off with Metcalf going to a division rival and at minimum is completely killing it while the guy we took is only managing a catch and a half per game in a pass happy offense. It’s just not a good look and deserves to be called out at every turn.

Some will attempt to rationalize or minimize it anyway they can, but the facts show that they flat out blew that pick plain and simple.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be so damn egregious had we not taken a guy at the same position that has done absolutely nothing a couple picks before DK. That’s the whole point here.

It’s not like no one including some of us armchair QBs had DK rated way above the guy they took ahead of him. This team does not get an “oh well, who woulda thunk it??” pass when it comes to this.

Top it off with Metcalf going to a division rival and at minimum is completely killing it while the guy we took is only managing a catch and a half per game in a pass happy offense. It’s just not a good look and deserves to be called out at every turn.

Some will attempt to rationalize or minimize it anyway they can, but the facts show that they flat out blew that pick plain and simple.
We can do this exercise for any number of players. What is the point exactly?

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
It was the best effort play of the game, but I don't know if I would call it the biggest. The play that Baker made to give Metcalf a chance at making that very play was huge as well. In the grand scheme of things I would probably have to call the Simmons interception the biggest play of the game as it literally snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Awesome and vitally import play for sure. But from Wilson it was a terrible read and an even more terrible throw right into his hands. He did nothing but drop back into coverage as his assignment called for.

I loved it but it’s not like he made some crazy great play. Athletic and smart play, yes. That chase down was INSANE though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread just needs to die. It’s Into the second season we don’t have DK and are not gonna have DK. Time to move on. I’d hate to see some of you guys after a break up.....

Time to let it go and move on. Revel in your misery of no DK at home in silence. Because what does bitching about this almost every single week do for ya? Way too much crying and spilled milk for a guy who doesn’t even wear our teams uniform.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dude. They blew the pick. Some people will never admit they’re wrong. Get over it and move on.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
This thread just needs to die. It’s Into the second season we don’t have DK and are not gonna have DK. Time to move on. I’d hate to see some of you guys after a break up.....

Time to let it go and move on. Revel in your misery of no DK at home in silence. Because what does bitching about this almost every single week do for ya? Way too much crying and spilled milk for a guy who doesn’t even wear our teams uniform.

How about instead of fans that watch what should have been obvious take place week in and week out quietly sweeping things under the rug we actually voice an expectation that a guy drafted high and ahead of this other guy that is blowing him away in every possible aspect you can think of at the very least be some kind of contributor?

We all know that he will never, ever be Metcalf or anything close to him, but is it too much to ask that the guy we took instead does something that shows he even deserves a roster spot at this point?

The comparison is about perspective. The guy we took sucks. I guess we could just lower our expectations, or we could actually own the fact that this was blown and either move on or figure out how to somehow squeeze blood from a rock and get more that a catch a game out of him.

It’s going to continue to get brought up until something changes. Who knows, maybe the first 22 + playoff games of DK’s career are just an anomaly?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Do you want all us to take a bus to Keim’s house & tell him he should have taken DK?

Stop that damn crying & get over it. It’s over. Jesus.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you want all us to take a bus to Keim’s house & tell him he should have taken DK?

Stop that damn crying & get over it. It’s over. Jesus.

facts

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about instead of fans that watch what should have been obvious take place week in and week out quietly sweeping things under the rug we actually voice an expectation that a guy drafted high and ahead of this other guy that is blowing him away in every possible aspect you can think of at the very least be some kind of contributor?

We all know that he will never, ever be Metcalf or anything close to him, but is it too much to ask that the guy we took instead does something that shows he even deserves a roster spot at this point?

The comparison is about perspective. The guy we took sucks. I guess we could just lower our expectations, or we could actually own the fact that this was blown and either move on or figure out how to somehow squeeze blood from a rock and get more that a catch a game out of him.

It’s going to continue to get brought up until something changes. Who knows, maybe the first 22 + playoff games of DK’s career are just an anomaly?
Lol. The hate in your heart is serious. You sound like Ray Finkle’s gma. I’m not sure what Andy ever did to you but you may want to go see the doc and get some help with that.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Biggest?

Outstanding, exciting, memorable - sure.

But BIGGEST has to have an impact on the final result and it didn't.

And, yes, a failed 4th down attempt or missed FG in a victory is in fact meaningless.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Lol. The hate in your heart is serious. You sound like Ray Finkle’s gma. I’m not sure what Andy ever did to you but you may want to go see the doc and get some help with that.

No hate in my heart for anyone or really anything let alone something football related.

It’s not Isabella’s fault he was drafted where he was drafted and who he was drafted in front of. He had nothing to do with it. He seems like a good kid and I’m happy he’s out there getting paid and more importantly living his dream. That’s pretty awesome in fact.

My issue is as a player the guy was drafted reasonably high and just about halfway through his second season he has done next to nothing. 2-3 memorable plays in about 23 or so games. I guess for some reason he gets a pass and no one ever wants to talk about it.

What the other guy is doing by comparison just emphasizes and compounds that. If there is a reasonable argument against what I’m saying I’m all ears, but it seems like all anyone ever says is ‘hey, stop talking about that, you’re living in the past’ usually followed by a bunch of other nonsense.

That’s all it is.

Last edited:

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Biggest?

Outstanding, exciting, memorable - sure.

But BIGGEST has to have an impact on the final result and it didn't.

And, yes, a failed 4th down attempt or missed FG in a victory is in fact meaningless.

I don’t want to get too philosophical here so I’ll just say I don’t agree with the premise that a positive play/effort/performance in a loss is meaningless and vice versa a negative play/effort/performance in a win means nothing either.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No hate in my heart for anyone or really anything let alone something football related.

It’s not Isabella’s fault he was drafted where he was drafted and in front of who he was drafted. He had nothing to do with it. He seems like a good kid and I’m happy he’s out there getting paid and more importantly living his dream. That’s pretty awesome in fact.

My issue is as a player the guy was drafted reasonably high and just about halfway through his second season he has done next to nothing. 2-3 memorable plays in about 23 or so games. I guess for some reason he gets a pass and no one ever wants to talk about it.

What the other guy is doing by comparison just emphasizes and compounds that. If there is a reasonable argument against what I’m saying I’m all ears, but it seems like all anyone ever says is ‘hey, stop talking about that, you’re living in the past’ usually followed by a bunch of other nonsense.

That’s all it is.

Yes I understand your point but there is nothing to do, every best GM's has misses and hits
Recriminations doesn't help in any way
I see the glasses half full, we got Murray in that draft when a great part didn't want him as our first pick
And Murray is a far better asset then what DK Metcalf would ever be

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lots of hindsight and laments about taking Isabella at #62 and letting Metcalf go at #64 in the 2018 draft. I looked up the stats for all the WR who went off the board before Metcalf. Only AJ Brown taken by Cincy at #51 comes close to matching Metcalf’s numbers.

Isabella took some time getting on to the field and it looks as if he has a way to go before becoming an accomplished pro WR. His numbers show how the Cards have been using him—a deep threat to stretch the field. He only has 20 Rec so far in his career but those catches are for 343 yards. We need to have him and KM get in synch since his speed offers that over-the-top separation. There have been some recent plays with Isabella open (Cowboy game) and KM did not connect—who is at fault there (maybe both)? Isabella’s value may not be in his # catches per game but instead how much of the field is opened up for the other receivers and RB as he occupies DB(s) while stretching the field. Getting more catches/yards for Hopkins, Fitz, TE, Rbs needs to be taken into account to assess Isabella’ value. After all, even the Mad Bomber Arians only had 6 deep plays per game in the game plan.

If this is the plan for a player like Isabella we need give it time to develop before calling his a bust or the pick a bad one. Of course, he may be losing his role should Kirk and KM continue to click and Isabella continues to not make the easy catch. KM will lose his trust and look for one of the other receivers---or pull the ball down and run. Isabella will have to pass muster with KM even over the coaching staff.

As to DK Metcalf—what can you say. Live and learn. Look at teams that passed him over–he fell to the bottom of the second with 63 other players taken before him. (Of course, Cards are happy with that first pick) Look at the stats for some of the WR taken before him—now there are some GM who are slapping themselves upside their head even harder than SK.

Marquis Brown (#25) - Baltimore
Career to date: 73 Rec /963 Yards
https://www.footballdb.com/players/marquise-brown-brownma18

N’Keal Harry (#32) Pats
Career to Date: 31 Rec / 277 yards
https://www.footballdb.com/players/nkeal-harry-harrynk01

Deebo Samuel (# 36) Whiners
Career to Date: 73 Rec /987 Yards
https://www.footballdb.com/players/deebo-samuel-samuede01

A. J. Brown (#51) Bengals
Career to Date: 79 Rec /1407 Yards
https://www.footballdb.com/players/aj-brown-brownaj01

Mecole Hartman (#56) Chiefs
Career to Date: 48 Rec / 885 Yards
https://www.footballdb.com/players/mecole-hardman-hardmme01

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside (#57) Eagles
Career to Date: 12 Rec / 214 Yards
https://www.footballdb.com/players/jj-arcegawhiteside-arcegjj01

Parris Campbell (#59) Colts
Career to Date: 24 Rec / 198 Yards
https://www.footballdb.com/players/parris-campbell-campbpa01

Andy Isabella (#62) Cards
Career to Date: 20 Rec / 343 Yards
https://www.footballdb.com/players/andy-isabella-isabean01

D. K. Metcalf (# 64) SeaTurkeys
Career to Date: 94 Rec / 1580 Yards
https://www.footballdb.com/players/dk-metcalf-metcadk01

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Is anyone still defending the pick?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think he’s proven he deserves a roster spot. He just hasn’t justified his draft position. But that’s water under the bridge at this juncture. Can’t do anything about that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

It’s not Isabella’s fault he was drafted where he was drafted and who he was drafted in front of. He had nothing to do with it. He seems like a good kid and I’m happy he’s out there getting paid and more importantly living his dream. That’s pretty awesome in fact.

That’s all it is.
I’m curious, did you rant about Johnny McWilliams or buster for this length of time? I mean, the cards have more than had their fair share of underperforming draft picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard