DK Metcalf

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes I understand your point but there is nothing to do, every best GM's has misses and hits
Recriminations doesn't help in any way
I see the glasses half full, we got Murray in that draft when a great part didn't want him as our first pick
And Murray is a far better asset then what DK Metcalf would ever be
I think Isabella miss is important in the overall draft record of keim, but it’s silly to focus solely on the pick for the reason you state.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I’m curious, did you rant about Johnny McWilliams or buster for this length of time? I mean, the cards have more than had their fair share of underperforming draft picks.

Well I’ve always thought that’s what we do here. We discuss, praise and often lament our team’s/coaches’/players’/executives’ various successes and failures week to week as seasons and careers progress.

Maybe I’m not doing a very good job getting my point across and simply contributing to what some folks would consider DK/Isabella “fatigue” to borrow a phrase we are hearing a lot these days.

I guess I don’t get why people who would seem to be so tired of a subject still for some reason feel the need to click on the thread about that topic, read all of the posts about that topic, and then post replies themselves about how tired they are of the topic and to stop talking about it. It’s like they agree but they still want to have a disagreement about something.

There’s plenty of crap around here I have no interest in reading or discussing. I don’t feel the need to try to condemn others for doing so though. I simply ignore it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well I’ve always thought that’s what we do here. We discuss, praise and often lament our team’s/coaches’/players’/executives’ various successes and failures week to week as seasons and careers progress.

Maybe I’m not doing a very good job getting my point across and simply contributing to what some folks would consider DK/Isabella “fatigue” to borrow a phrase we are hearing a lot these days.

I guess I don’t get why people who would seem to be so tired of a subject still for some reason feel the need to click on the thread about that topic, read all of the posts about that topic, and then post replies themselves about how tired they are of the topic and to stop talking about it. It’s like they agree but they still want to have a disagreement about something.

There’s plenty of crap around here I have no interest in reading or discussing. I don’t feel the need to try to condemn others for doing so though. I simply ignore it.
That’s fair

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This thread just needs to die. It’s Into the second season we don’t have DK and are not gonna have DK. Time to move on. I’d hate to see some of you guys after a break up.....

Time to let it go and move on. Revel in your misery of no DK at home in silence. Because what does bitching about this almost every single week do for ya? Way too much crying and spilled milk for a guy who doesn’t even wear our teams uniform.

It would die if people stopped trying to defend an obviously bad pick. It was bad at the time. Isabella was a 4th round guy at best. Being 2 spots ahead of DK is by the by really. DK, McLaurin and Johnson all went within a few picks later.

It was bad. Isabella is not good. Everyone admit it then we can move on.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Delete thread pls. Theres nothing more to say and its going to be very tempting to bump this thread every week or two with DK going off.

Isabella MIGHT be salvageable, but yeah I think DK is going be a consensus top 5 WR in a few years. Just as fast as Isabella, easier to throw to and has much better hands.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Isabella miss is important in the overall draft record of keim, but it’s silly to focus solely on the pick for the reason you state.
What is interesting is that Isabella's time in AZ may be dependent in how much Kyler trusts/connects with him. I would trade Isabella to the Packers for a 4th or 5th in a sec. I would rather have guys on the field Kyler trusts so when he makes the right read, he pulls the trigger. For whatever reason, it's not working IMO. Maybe it gets a bit better, but we will see. I just personally would rather have Sherfield for his special teams contributions.

It's why I might look at John Ross. Isabella's role is 30% of snaps and he is not making the plays that are there. Ross brings similar skills and while he has been a disappointment, maybe he connects with Kyler in a way that Andy has not.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Best way to make this thread disappear is to stop posting an opinion---even if your opinion is to make the thread disappear.

A lot of fans need this Metcalf/Isabella thread to bang on SK and how bad he is as GM. What better example than two WRs taken at almost the identical spot in the draft?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Keim’s players and coach just beat them. I’m happy with ours now and moving forward.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is interesting is that Isabella's time in AZ may be dependent in how much Kyler trusts/connects with him. I would trade Isabella to the Packers for a 4th or 5th in a sec. I would rather have guys on the field Kyler trusts so when he makes the right read, he pulls the trigger. For whatever reason, it's not working IMO. Maybe it gets a bit better, but we will see. I just personally would rather have Sherfield for his special teams contributions.

It's why I might look at John Ross. Isabella's role is 30% of snaps and he is not making the plays that are there. Ross brings similar skills and while he has been a disappointment, maybe he connects with Kyler in a way that Andy has not.

Packers have enough below average receivers without adding another.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
League wide we're all lucky that the Chiefs didnt draft Metcalf. They would truly be unfair on offense.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Isabella and a 2nd for Hollywood Brown and a 4th or 5th

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach

Speed threat on the outside and allows for Kirk to play more in the slot.

I'll admit I'm gambling on upside and trust.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isabella and a 2nd for Hollywood Brown and a 4th or 5th

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach

Speed threat on the outside and allows for Kirk to play more in the slot.

I'll admit I'm gambling on upside and trust.
Why would Baltimore do this

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why would Baltimore do this
2nd round pick/another wr this year > disgruntled player who clearly doesnt fit with Lamar.

All contingent on if Brown truly wants to go elsewhere.

Andy's technically a slot guy so he fits Lamar's style since he throws more across the middle instead of outside the #s.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2nd round pick/another wr this year > disgruntled player who clearly doesnt fit with Lamar.

All contingent on if Brown truly wants to go elsewhere.

Andy's technically a slot guy so he fits Lamar's style since he throws more across the middle instead of outside the #s.
I think Lamar needs less short slot WRs if anything.

Look at their roster. They only have 1 WR over 6’0 that gets a lot of PT.

Makes very little sense on their part despite how Hollywood “might” feel.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like dk but glad we have hop instead no way i believe cards pull trigger or try to trade for hop if cards have dk

Just sucks Seahawks found a franchise wr :(

Reaction score

Except John Ross can't catch & has ego issues it seems. He's fast but I've seen him drop a lot of balls that hit his hands.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard