DJ Humphries Re-Signed

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He turned down 18m per over 3 years with the Brown's. He's not signing a cheap prove it deal.
It's easy to say that in the spring.

Much harder in September.

But I do believe it's mostly dreaming.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Clowney would be a great get. He’s not going to sign a prove it deal but he may sign an incentive(easily attained) deal.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Clowney would be a great get. He’s not going to sign a prove it deal but he may sign an incentive(easily attained) deal.
Maybe something similar to what Abraham signed a few years ago. Reasonable base and a bonus for each sack. Of course he's never had a double digit sack year and his totals have gone down since he left HOU so we may not be paying out much unless he thrives with CJ getting all the attention in pass protection.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
DeAndre Hopkins isn’t a FA until 2023. Not sure where all of the anxiety is coming from to re-sign him. Peterson and Jones are bigger priorities at the moment

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeAndre Hopkins isn’t a FA until 2023. Not sure where all of the anxiety is coming from to re-sign him. Peterson and Jones are bigger priorities at the moment
100%. Especially Jones.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but I also believe our willingness to address his contract is one of the reasons we acquired him. I don't know why else you would acquire a player with contract concerns and then choose to not address them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I believe there is a fit problem with Clowney in regards to his ability to play next to Chandler Jones. I don't want Jones in coverage. I don't want Clowney in coverage even more. That would mean we would be signing Clowney as a role player. I don't believe he is interested in that.

IMO, this would be Suggs 2.0. (Clowney obviously has more juice, but I believe the fit and role would result in a negative return.)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but I also believe our willingness to address his contract is one of the reasons we acquired him. I don't know why else you would acquire a player with contract concerns and then choose to not address them.

I agree with this. Re-doing his contract was an understanding when the Cardinals traded for him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I’d rank them CJ, Hop,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PP

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly! The entire reason DHop was available to the Cardinals was he wanted his contract redone. It should be priority #1.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Personally, I would like both Peterson and Hopkins resolved before next week. If Chandler's needs to be addressed in order to facilitate that process, I am good with that as well.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Scary how many folks want to resign a washed up CB.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I know you are probably just trolling but I'm willing to bet PP will be All Pro this year. I don't believe that you truly think PP is washed up.

He looked washed up last year. We’ll see about this season... Given it’s a contract year and ppl are calling him washed maybe he does turn back into peak PP.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you are probably just trolling but I'm willing to bet PP will be All Pro this year. I don't believe that you truly think PP is washed up.

he’s made one All-Pro team since 2015. And that was the year he was doing PEDs.

what’s the wager cub? I’m in.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He hasn't been All Pro since 2015. I'd be amazed if he made it back.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Scary how many folks want to resign a washed up CB.
We disagree on this and neither of us is changing the others mind. To be frank, I would rather overpay a washed CB than go into next offseason with only these three CBs under contract Byron Murphy, Robert Alford, and Jace Whittaker. Especially knowing that Alford will be released.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do think CB and EDGE are the top priorities for next years draft.