DJ Humphries Re-Signed

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
looks like year 1 and 2 are guarantee, and can be released at no cost after year 2? i don't completely understand the point of fully guaranteeing DJs deal

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There's been a lot of "If Kugler says this" or "Kugler thinks that" from people as if Keim is just waiting for Kugler to tell him what to do. Something I don't ever recall people saying about Goodwin or Brown.
Brit's been good at being on the same wavelength about my points. This sums up what I was trying to say.

Kugler specifically seems to be getting some extra credit in this entire process that we're not giving to other assistant coaches. Where's the "if James Saxon wants Kenyan Drake back, we should bring him back," or "if we re-sign Cassius Marsh, Bill Davis must have told Keim and Kliff he really wants him back?" Both guys have more experience coaching than Kugler, too.

I and many others qualify their opinion, you offer yours with the absolute certainty found in the young, the immature, the insecure and second rate minds.
I know this was targeted at Brit, but I had multiple high-level English teachers throughout high school and college tell me that you should never write "in my opinion," or "I think," because the reader should know that's what you think... they're reading your writing.

In my personal case, it's probably why I come across as so direct and bullish on my thoughts sometimes.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Also, not a fan of the reported two year guarantee. But I take that deal every which way if I'm DJ Humphries and may or may not have an issue with my right knee, as has been reported. Now he's set for life.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit's been good at being on the same wavelength about my points. This sums up what I was trying to say.

Kugler specifically seems to be getting some extra credit in this entire process that we're not giving to other assistant coaches. Where's the "if James Saxon wants Kenyan Drake back, we should bring him back," or "if we re-sign Cassius Marsh, Bill Davis must have told Keim and Kliff he really wants him back?" Both guys have more experience coaching than Kugler, too.

I know this was targeted at Brit, but I had multiple high-level English teachers throughout high school and college tell me that you should never write "in my opinion," or "I think," because the reader should know that's what you think... they're reading your writing.

In my personal case, it's probably why I come across as so direct and bullish on my thoughts sometimes.

It's the "brook no contradiction', not how the opinion is phrased that I was referencing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
looks like year 1 and 2 are guarantee, and can be released at no cost after year 2? i don't completely understand the point of fully guaranteeing DJs deal

I'm ignoring this for now.

OTC report the structure in detail and in direct contradiction to this and they get thier data from the NFLPA.

I'll take that over a single reporters random source on Twitter.

If you think about it would it make sense for Keim to give Hump 2 fully guaranteed years in advance with his history?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals restructure DJ Humphries contract.

From Arizona Sports:

The Arizona Cardinals extended left tackle D.J. Humphries before he got to free agency this offseason, but they’ve already restructured the contract to give him more money up front, reports ESPN’s Field Yates.

Essentially, the Cardinals will pay Humphries $10.59 million like a signing bonus, reducing his base salary to less than $1 million and saving $7.06 million off his previously agreed-upon cap hit, per Yates.

That’s $7.06 million worth of flexibility for the year.

https://arizonasports.com/story/237...j-humphries-contract-gain-7-million-in-space/

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Cardinals restructure DJ Humphries contract.

From Arizona Sports:

The Arizona Cardinals extended left tackle D.J. Humphries before he got to free agency this offseason, but they’ve already restructured the contract to give him more money up front, reports ESPN’s Field Yates.

Essentially, the Cardinals will pay Humphries $10.59 million like a signing bonus, reducing his base salary to less than $1 million and saving $7.06 million off his previously agreed-upon cap hit, per Yates.

That’s $7.06 million worth of flexibility for the year.

https://arizonasports.com/story/237...j-humphries-contract-gain-7-million-in-space/

This is exactly why people say it is so easy to manipulate the cap to free up cash. Now the question bares, Who is it for?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's zero need to do this for Dhop.

If it was for Dhop you could just give him the signing bonus and kick the cap can down the road directly. Or structure the extension like Buddha's where its back loaded.

This is most likely just for breathing space. They only had about 2.5m projected cap space after cuts. There was no room for injury replacements or a Keim time signing or two.

I imagine (powered by hope) that they are hoping to pick up a depth OLB on the cheap from cuts or off their couch.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
CLOWNEY - Hope

Some cut veteran - probability.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CLOWNEY - Hope

Some cut veteran - probability.

Clowney and CJ, man oh man. If that happened, I would think that this organization is trying to win now.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Clowney and CJ, man oh man. If that happened, I would think that this organization is trying to win now.
Agreed.

We need the depth. He has very few suitors and may want to stick it to Seattle. Hell, DHop may be working him privately behind the scenes.

If we could work out a 2yr deal that would be awesome. But again, I think it's a 1% chance. haha. It's always nice to dream!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be a huge list of cuts coming within a week so could easily be to make room for new players. Then we have possible extensions looming for Hopkins, Peterson and Chandler Jones.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Clowney even want to play this year? Season is 2 weeks away and not a word from him or his agent.

he wants big time pass rusher money but he’s not a pass rusher he’s a run stuffer

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed.

We need the depth. He has very few suitors and may want to stick it to Seattle. Hell, DHop may be working him privately behind the scenes.

If we could work out a 2yr deal that would be awesome. But again, I think it's a 1% chance. haha. It's always nice to dream!

He turned down 18m per over 3 years with the Brown's. He's not signing a cheap prove it deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard