DJ Humphries Re-Signed

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
"Jon Perzley and Brian Mackler of @SPORTSTARSNYC were able to strike a deal with the Cards on David Johnson and now Humphries."

Hopefully, SportstarNYC didn't screw us again.

I don't like the contract...would have preferred we just franchise him but its done now and I hope it works out.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
"Jon Perzley and Brian Mackler of @SPORTSTARSNYC were able to strike a deal with the Cards on David Johnson and now Humphries."

Hopefully, SportstarNYC didn't screw us again.

I don't like the contract...would have preferred we just franchise him but its done now and I hope it works out.

If we franchised him it would have guaranteed Hump $16.3mm of the $29 we elected to guarantee him anyway the next two years. Then we’d be back in the same spot next year searching for another LT or resigning DJ for even more if he puts together another solid, healthy season.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
At least signing Humphies allows them to go BPA. I can't say I'm excited about drafting a wide receiver at #8.

I don't get why there is so little interest in a D lineman when the only name up there is Peters. Not that I don't like him, because he's reliable and steady, but am I the only one that would like to see a hell raiser up there? I get the 3-4 is about plugging holes and maintaining ground while the OLB's etc try to get to the QB, but it'd be nice to see the center rammed back into the QB now and then, Lol.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If we franchised him it would have guaranteed Hump $16.3mm of the $29 we elected to guarantee him anyway the next two years. Then we’d be back in the same spot next year searching for another LT or resigning DJ for even more if he puts together another solid, healthy season.

Not going to debate the topic anymore...it is done.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get why there is so little interest in a D lineman when the only name up there is Peters. Not that I don't like him, because he's reliable and steady, but am I the only one that would like to see a hell raiser up there? I get the 3-4 is about plugging holes and maintaining ground while the OLB's etc try to get to the QB, but it'd be nice to see the center rammed back into the QB now and then, Lol.

Now that Humphies is signed, I'd prefer a defensive lineman like Derrick Brown providing he fits the BPA description.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be great if the Cardinals were renegotiating David Johnson's contract to give the team more money to spend.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
You don’t see how this deal will lend to a restructure and more money after two years? Say he craps the bed this year, plays how he played this past year in 2021 he is going to want an extension and more money. So in 2 years we will be in the same position we are right now. This contract is not a long term solution it’s a solution until kyler needs a big contract and they can’t afford guys like Humphries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
It would be great if the Cardinals were renegotiating David Johnson's contract to give the team more money to spend.
Why the hell would David restructure unless they give him 2 more years

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the hell would David restructure unless they give him 2 more years

Only trying to figure out a way the above tweet makes some sense.

Could David Johnson's contract be restructured to complete a trade?

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Only trying to figure out a way the above tweet makes some sense.

Could David Johnson's contract be restructured to complete a trade?

There isn’t a reason for DJ to agree to a restructured contract to complete a trade.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Javon Kinlaw is that guy!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it sure was just a coincidence that his only fully healthy season was in his contract year, 5th-year option.[/QUOTE]

This comment sounds like you think DJ faked or exaggerated his injuries in prior seasons. And, that he is a person of low moral character.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
This comment sounds like you think DJ faked or exaggerated his injuries in prior seasons. And, that he is a person of low moral character.

That's a stretch. I'm only commentating about his injury history because he's only played in 43 of a possible 80 regular season games. Bruce Arians always said he had a poor work ethic, which was why he was inactive his entire rookie year. Maybe he's poor work ethic led to him getting injured every year?

It's part of human nature to work harder when your job incentives increase, aka his contract year. Who knows? Maybe he permanently changed for the better. My biggest fear is that he just reverts back into his old self now that he got paid.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
it sure was just a coincidence that his only fully healthy season was in his contract year, 5th-year option.

This comment sounds like you think DJ faked or exaggerated his injuries in prior seasons. And, that he is a person of low moral character.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be the first time an athlete has done this. He's injury prone so I'm ehhh on this contract. It's nice to have that spot tied up but we sure love signing injury prone guys to nice contracts. See David Johnson, Ty Mathieu, Jermaine Gresham and now this contract.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Exactly. That's why I want Derrick Brown at #8 if available?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose